Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Dovonte got a job

    He signed with the Detriot Lions, so he will proberly get a shot at taking one back for six in the dome.

    http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=485&season=9

    Grats Dov' !


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  2. #2
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Dovonte got a job


    I hate seeing a guy we let loose get signed by a divisional foe. Maybe if he plays at the Dome we can get behind him early and often. He probably will be a dime package guy, and special teamer. It just shows how improved we are that our castoffs get picked up by others.

  3. #3
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Dovonte got a job

    Dovonte played his first game for the Lions yesterday, he only player special teams in which he upended a guy on a tackleassist.

    Best thing of the day was seeing Dovonte get some playing time.


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #4
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Dovonte got a job

    haha, i've never noticed your sig till this thread :P


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  5. #5
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Dovonte got a job

    and why did we release him and keep Whitaker again?

  6. #6
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Dovonte got a job

    "vikes2456" wrote:
    and why did we release him and keep Whitaker again?
    because we're morons...

    that was one thing that upset me this offseason.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  7. #7
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Dovonte got a job

    Dovonte played his second game of the year today and he notched a career high 9 tackles, 6 solo and 3 assist

    I saw some of the game and it looks that Dovonte have moved up the chart, at sometimes they where leaving him alone with Owens.

    Also former Viking Greg Blue played for the Lions today, his Lions debut, he also had a nice game and played most of the second half. He had 6 tackles 4 solo and 2 assist and he also recovered a goal-line fumble by Jason Witten. He set quite a name for him self today, maybe he can start next week..

    Congrats on the playing time to both.


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  8. #8
    vikesfargo's Avatar
    vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    600

    Re: Dovonte got a job

    So that's Dovonte Edwards, Greg Blue, and Troy Walters. It's like the ex-Vikings club in the Motor City.

    BTW, Troy Walters sustained a concussion today against the Cowboys. He was down for a while, but walked off on his own power. I hope he's doing all right and he comes back as strong as ever.



    Go Vikings!

  9. #9
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Dovonte got a job

    "skum" wrote:
    Dovonte played his second game of the year today and he notched a career high 9 tackles, 6 solo and 3 assist

    I saw some of the game and it looks that Dovonte have moved up the chart, at sometimes they where leaving him alone with Owens.

    Also former Viking Greg Blue played for the Lions today, his Lions debut, he also had a nice game and played most of the second half. He had 6 tackles 4 solo and 2 assist and he also recovered a goal-line fumble by Jason Witten. He set quite a name for him self today, maybe he can start next week..

    Congrats on the playing time to both.


    Damn thats crazy!!

    I liked Dovonte.. But Charles Gordon is playing very solid football for us

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Dovonte got a job

    "V4L" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Dovonte played his second game of the year today and he notched a career high 9 tackles, 6 solo and 3 assist

    I saw some of the game and it looks that Dovonte have moved up the chart, at sometimes they where leaving him alone with Owens.

    Also former Viking Greg Blue played for the Lions today, his Lions debut, he also had a nice game and played most of the second half. He had 6 tackles 4 solo and 2 assist and he also recovered a goal-line fumble by Jason Witten. He set quite a name for him self today, maybe he can start next week..

    Congrats on the playing time to both.


    gol 'darnit thats crazy!!

    I liked Dovonte.. But Charles Gordon is playing very solid football for us
    Its Whitaker I dont like and gave up Dovonte for. But Whitaker was Childress' guy brought in so Dovonte had to go intead that got me mad and look now. Looks like hes paying off for them\

    Why does everybody we let go become greatness. Players- Dovonte, Greg Blue (We should have kept him for the sole reason we could say "Blue, Your my boy Blue!!!
    ;D ) CJ Mosley had a good game in preseason I remember Many players
    Coaches- Tomlin, Dungy, Pete Caroll so many.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dovonte Edwards breaks arm
    By kramer9guy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 04:26 PM
  2. Dovonte Edwards gaining respect
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 04:01 PM
  3. For those of you who dont know about Dovonte
    By PurplePeopleEaters in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 06:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •