Thread: Don't Freak Out

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Don't Freak Out

As I'm sure most of us were yesterday, I was experiencing all kinds of emotions from our ugly, ugly loss. I was angry, upset, depressed and let down just to name a few. But as I was laying in bed last night I thought about the day as a whole, and looked at my office pool picks (of which I went 7-8 yesterday, gag!) and thought to myself "I'm not worried about our Vikes, it was a really f-ed up day today." Here's Why:

The Vikings (ESPN Super Bowl winner and unanimous NFC North champ from most sports resources) lost big time. Culpepper who was an MVP candidate last year and one of the best QBs in the league had 5 TOs and no TDs.

The Jets, another legit contender, got destroyed by the Chiefs. Chad Pennington who is one of the league's highest rated passers had 6, yes count them 6, fumbles.

Favre and the Packers lost to the Lions as Favre throws 2 picks and fumbles another ball away.

Miami, an offense that is supposed to suck scored 34 points on the Broncos D which is supposedly in the top half of the league.

New Orleans who was supposed to have a terrible year because of what happened with Katrina beat Carolina who is one of the most referenced contenders for the NFC Championship.

Tim Hasselbeck (who is supposed to be a top QB) threw 3 picks and had a QB rating of 61.3.

San Francisco who was supposed to be terrible beat the Rams, who are supposedly another NFC title contender.

San Diego lost to Dallas, with Drew Brees (one of the NFLs top ranked QBs last year) throwing 2 INTs, including one in the end zone in the last minute of the game that would have won them the whole thing.

And finally...the Ravens who are the 3rd most talked about AFC team in regards to the Super Bowl dang near got blanked by the Colts, losing 24-7.

So folks, I chalk it all up to week one antics. The NFL is a crazy thing, but nothing to get depressed about in the first week. A lot of good teams and good QBs had shitty weeks this week, and our experience was no different. The Lions are the only team in the division which won and Carolina and the Rams both lost. We're not up the creek yet! Don't panic, keep the faith, and be confident we can at least beat the Bungles!

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Don't Freak Out

Agreed....What was Daunte's QB Rating after yesterdays fiasco?!?!?!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

The whole NFL got flipped upside down yesterday. The dolphins winning? The vikings with all D and no O? The Bucs winning? what has this world come to?!?!?

nobody worry. It was a bad loss and we will be fine.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

hey...bad losses happen...the way it is...nfl got turned upside down and sideways lol

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "DON'T FREAK OUT"!!! I am sooooo mad....#%^$#$%$%$%##$%^$%^%^$%#%#%^$%%^$#$$%$$%^&% ^$%$#%$%$$%$%$%^$%$%^$%$%$%^$%$%$^&*^&^%^$%^$%$%^$ &*&*^$%^$%$^%%^&*^&^&&*^&%^&^%^*&^*&^&*^^&%&*(%^%% ^#$%$^%&^%^^*^*&&^$%^$%^&*%^$%%^&$%%^^&%&^%^&$^%^% ^&%%$^%^%^&%^*%^%^&%^&%*&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%&^$%%^ &%$^%^&%^*%&^%^&%!!!!!

Just kidding...LOL!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN "DON'T FREAK OUT"!!! I am sooooo mad....#%^$#$%$%$%##$%^$%^%^$%#%#%^$%%^$#$$%$$%^&% ^$%$#%$%$$%$%$%^$%$%^$%$%$%^$%$%$^&*^&^%^$%^$%$%^$ &*&*^$%^$%$^%%^&*^&^&&*^&%^&^%^*&^*&^&*^^&%&*(%^%% ^#$%$^%&^%^^*^*&&^$%^$%^&*%^$%%^&$%%^^&%&^%^&$^%^% ^&%%$^%^%^&%^*%^%^&%^&%*&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%^&%&^$%%^ &%$^%^&%^*%&^%^&%!!!!!

Just kidding...LOL!
    Hey cajunvike...too funny......But I don't believe your kidding!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"VegasLadyJae" wrote:
    Agreed....What was Daunte's QB Rating after yesterdays fiasco?!?!?!
    49.2 ick!