Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Dolphins | Team to release Thomas

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    yes, but just look at those picks, out of 10 picks 4 have done pooh for the team,( i originally forgot williamson) 2 were traded away on bad terms and one unfortunately may never be able to play football again.

that leaves 4 players who have stuck around since being drafted over the last 10 years.
    I'm not denying that good talent wont' come from the draft, thats just rediculous, but the odds of finding a player who will be an impact player are slim, even in the first round.
    I'd rather take the proven all-pro in Taylor.
    You have to remember he won defensive player of the year last year i believe.

Even if he's only around for 3 or 4 years, thats already better than a) drafting a bust, b) drafting a player who will be traded shortly (mos and culpepper) or c) drafting a player who will only be mediocre.
    If a staff is provided the opportunity to scout players the correct way then you will see success with respect to players selected in the draft.

If you have a owner that basically guts the staff and provides very little in the way of scouting staff then you will have poor drafts.

This can't be more evident than the success we have had in the two drafts with this new ownership.

Rnd Name College

1 Adrian Peterson Oklahoma

2 Rice Sidney South Carolina

3 McCauley Marcus Fresno State

4 Robison Brian Texas

5 Allison Aundrae East Carolina

6 Alexander Rufus Oklahoma

7 Thigpen Tyler Coastal Carolina
    (He would still be on the team if they had a roster spot for him)
    7 Williams Chandler Florida International

Rnd Name College Note
    1 Chad Greenway Iowa

2 Cedric Griffin Texas

2 Ryan Cook New Mexico

2 Tarvaris Jackson Alabama State

4 Ray Edwards Purdue

5 Greg Blue Georgia
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=IBleedPurple28 link=topic=42357.msg722624#msg722624 date=1203027475]
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=42357.msg722597#msg722597 date=1203021664]
    If only they would cut Taylor, we would be in business.
    Ahmen!
    Would you give up your 1st rounder?
    Yes I would. Look at the Giants....won the SB with a lot of credit going to the pass rush. Giants didnt even deserve to be in the SuperBowl but their pass rush kept them in the playoffs. Taylor is a beast....34 or not he is in better shape than most DE's and with Udeze having cancer it would deff. help.

Do I think we will get Taylor....NO.....I honestly think we will not get any play makers in FA. We never have been the type of team to hit the FA hard. At least not the past few years.
    Deserves got nothing to do with it. They played better then anyone else. They beat the Patsies. What else can you say? I deserve a million dollars. It won't happen though unless I work real hard. Also, I have said it before. The 'Vikes will sign Antwan Odom (DE) from the Titans. The team will go after this guy with everything it has. He is an UFA. The Other Lineman, I believe it's Haynesworth (could be wrong) is getting the Franchise tag. The Titans can't keep Odom. Eight sacks last year. If the 'Vikes don't go after this guy, There is something fundamentally wrong with the front office. The team won't even sniff Zack thomas.
    No...They played better than the Patriots on February 3rd. Thats about it. They can play the Patriots 10 more times in a row and prob only win that 1 game. They are not a superbowl team and this past year was a fluke. I bet they dont even make the playoffs next year. They are a joke and Eli is overrated. I like 2 players on their team...Uminyora and Burress. Thats it.

And i would not mind if they got odom he is legit. Only thing is....you have no say in what the front office does....we will wait and see. but i personally dont think we will get anyone in FA that will be a starter on our team. Maybe a backup or 2 but thats it.
    [/quote]No, they played better then anyone else when it counted. Late season, playoffs, superbowl. They didn't deserve to be in the superbowl, the 'Vikes deserved that honor. The vagiants just earned the honor. Also, Of course I don't have a say in who the 'Vikes sign. I was saying that I believe that they will sign Odom. My opinion only.
    [/quote]

HaHa no we didnt! Are you kidding me? We had our chances...It was ours to lose and we did just that. This is a touchy subject for me. Im still pissed about it. We had the playoffs in our hands and dropped it like a Jackson to Twill pass.

*SKOL!*

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=42357.msg722635#msg722635 date=1203029946]
    [quote author=IBleedPurple28 link=topic=42357.msg722624#msg722624 date=1203027475]
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=42357.msg722597#msg722597 date=1203021664]
    If only they would cut Taylor, we would be in business.
    Ahmen!
    Would you give up your 1st rounder?
    Yes I would. Look at the Giants....won the SB with a lot of credit going to the pass rush. Giants didnt even deserve to be in the SuperBowl but their pass rush kept them in the playoffs. Taylor is a beast....34 or not he is in better shape than most DE's and with Udeze having cancer it would deff. help.

Do I think we will get Taylor....NO.....I honestly think we will not get any play makers in FA. We never have been the type of team to hit the FA hard. At least not the past few years.
    Deserves got nothing to do with it. They played better then anyone else. They beat the Patsies. What else can you say? I deserve a million dollars. It won't happen though unless I work real hard. Also, I have said it before. The 'Vikes will sign Antwan Odom (DE) from the Titans. The team will go after this guy with everything it has. He is an UFA. The Other Lineman, I believe it's Haynesworth (could be wrong) is getting the Franchise tag. The Titans can't keep Odom. Eight sacks last year. If the 'Vikes don't go after this guy, There is something fundamentally wrong with the front office. The team won't even sniff Zack thomas.
    No...They played better than the Patriots on February 3rd. Thats about it. They can play the Patriots 10 more times in a row and prob only win that 1 game. They are not a superbowl team and this past year was a fluke. I bet they dont even make the playoffs next year. They are a joke and Eli is overrated. I like 2 players on their team...Uminyora and Burress. Thats it.

And i would not mind if they got odom he is legit. Only thing is....you have no say in what the front office does....we will wait and see. but i personally dont think we will get anyone in FA that will be a starter on our team. Maybe a backup or 2 but thats it.
    [/quote]No, they played better then anyone else when it counted. Late season, playoffs, superbowl. They didn't deserve to be in the superbowl, the 'Vikes deserved that honor. The vagiants just earned the honor. Also, Of course I don't have a say in who the 'Vikes sign. I was saying that I believe that they will sign Odom. My opinion only.
    [/quote]

HaHa no we didnt! Are you kidding me? We had our chances...It was ours to lose and we did just that. This is a touchy subject for me. Im still pissed about it. We had the playoffs in our hands and dropped it like a Jackson to Twill pass.
    [/quote]I was being sarcastic to make a point. Folks were saying that the Gines did not desreve to be there. I was saying they earned it. I guess I have to start posting my sarcasm in blue or something.
    Tuco the world.....

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Announced on NFLN Zach Thomas Officially Released

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Thomas met with the Patriots on Monday...

Other teams interested are....Cowboys, Jets, Bills and Broncos.

*SKOL!*

Thomas is old now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123