Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: Dolphins | Team to release Thomas

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    yes, but just look at those picks, out of 10 picks 4 have done pooh for the team,( i originally forgot williamson) 2 were traded away on bad terms and one unfortunately may never be able to play football again.

that leaves 4 players who have stuck around since being drafted over the last 10 years.
    I'm not denying that good talent wont' come from the draft, thats just rediculous, but the odds of finding a player who will be an impact player are slim, even in the first round.
    I'd rather take the proven all-pro in Taylor.
    You have to remember he won defensive player of the year last year i believe.

Even if he's only around for 3 or 4 years, thats already better than a) drafting a bust, b) drafting a player who will be traded shortly (mos and culpepper) or c) drafting a player who will only be mediocre.
    I see what you're saying but I just feel Taylor doesn't have 2 seasons left in him much less 3 or 4.
    He's 34 this year and at any position in football that's pretty old, not to mention DE.
    I just think with good scouting a player we draft at 17th could be more of an impact the next couple year and beyond than risking a first round pick on an older player who may be running out of gas.
    Now a second round pick is a different story altogether, but I don't see that happening.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

then we agree to disagree.

Taylor could be the one key guy to turning our pass D around.
    There's nothing wrong with the personell we have at DB, its just that the qb has all day to throw since there's no pressure in his face.
    Taylor would help cut the field in half since qb's arent gonna want to move in his direction. It would help take the pressure off Griffin and Dwight, and it will let our playmakers in Winfield and Sharper have more action.
    DE is probably our biggest need, and as long as TJ continues getting better I could see the vikings being a real force if they got a good pass rushing DE

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    If only they would cut Taylor, we would be in business.
    Ahmen!
    Would you give up your 1st rounder?
    easilly

Look what our first rounders have given us

Culpepper (not with team)
    Moss (not with team)
    Underwood (no comment needed)
    KWill
    Michael Bennett (not with team)
    Bryant McKinney
    Greenway (decent starter, but if we were to lose him we could move on)
    Erasmus James (injury prone, never really got going)
    Udeze (decent starter, but due to unfortunate circumstances he may never play again)
    Peterson

out of the 10 1st round picks i can think of off the top of my head,
    Only 3 are still with the team and only 2 are all-pro material

I would easilly trade the 17th overall for Jason Taylor even if he only plays 3 more seasons.
    He would easilly improve our pass rush as well as pass defense.
    This year we got what, about 5 interceptions by D linemen, with Jason Taylor that could be even more.
    I don't think this is fair. Past bad #1 picks does not mean this regime will make bad draft choices. Chad Greenway and Adrian Peterson were drafted in the first round by Childress and Co. In fact, taking a look at round 2, we have Cook, Griffin, and Rice.

I would rather trust the organization can pick a player in the first round who can benifit the team for years rather than trade away that pick for a patch. Just my opinion.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Ahmen!
    Yes I would. Look at the Giants....won the SB with a lot of credit going to the pass rush. Giants didnt even deserve to be in the SuperBowl but their pass rush kept them in the playoffs. Taylor is a beast....34 or not he is in better shape than most DE's and with Udeze having cancer it would deff. help.

Do I think we will get Taylor....NO.....I honestly think we will not get any play makers in FA. We never have been the type of team to hit the FA hard. At least not the past few years.

*SKOL!*

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"happy" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Ahmen!
    easilly

Look what our first rounders have given us

Culpepper (not with team)
    Moss (not with team)
    Underwood (no comment needed)
    KWill
    Michael Bennett (not with team)
    Bryant McKinney
    Greenway (decent starter, but if we were to lose him we could move on)
    Erasmus James (injury prone, never really got going)
    Udeze (decent starter, but due to unfortunate circumstances he may never play again)
    Peterson

out of the 10 1st round picks i can think of off the top of my head,
    Only 3 are still with the team and only 2 are all-pro material

I would easilly trade the 17th overall for Jason Taylor even if he only plays 3 more seasons.
    He would easilly improve our pass rush as well as pass defense.
    This year we got what, about 5 interceptions by D linemen, with Jason Taylor that could be even more.
    I don't think this is fair. Past bad #1 picks does not mean this regime will make bad draft choices. Chad Greenway and Adrian Peterson were drafted in the first round by Childress and Co. In fact, taking a look at round 2, we have Cook, Griffin, and Rice.

I would rather trust the organization can pick a player in the first round who can benifit the team for years rather than trade away that pick for a patch. Just my opinion.

You missed Troy Williamson. Easily the best pick we have ever made in any round in the history of the franchise.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    You missed Troy Williamson. Easily the best pick we have ever made in any round in the history of the franchise.
    [/quote]

I sense some [size=24pt]SARCASM[/size]?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

He's a real good MLB. You know somebody's gonna sign him and he's gonna be fun to watch wherever he may wind up.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Ahmen!
    Yes I would. Look at the Giants....won the SB with a lot of credit going to the pass rush. Giants didnt even deserve to be in the SuperBowl but their pass rush kept them in the playoffs. Taylor is a beast....34 or not he is in better shape than most DE's and with Udeze having cancer it would deff. help.

Do I think we will get Taylor....NO.....I honestly think we will not get any play makers in FA. We never have been the type of team to hit the FA hard. At least not the past few years.
    Deserves got nothing to do with it. They played better then anyone else. They beat the Patsies. What else can you say? I deserve a million dollars. It won't happen though unless I work real hard. Also, I have said it before. The 'Vikes will sign Antwan Odom (DE) from the Titans. The team will go after this guy with everything it has. He is an UFA. The Other Lineman, I believe it's Haynesworth (could be wrong) is getting the Franchise tag. The Titans can't keep Odom. Eight sacks last year. If the 'Vikes don't go after this guy, There is something fundamentally wrong with the front office. The team won't even sniff Zack thomas.
    Tuco the world.....

IBleedPurple11 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Ahmen!

Deserves got nothing to do with it. They played better then anyone else. They beat the Patsies. What else can you say? I deserve a million dollars. It won't happen though unless I work real hard. Also, I have said it before. The 'Vikes will sign Antwan Odom (DE) from the Titans. The team will go after this guy with everything it has. He is an UFA. The Other Lineman, I believe it's Haynesworth (could be wrong) is getting the Franchise tag. The Titans can't keep Odom. Eight sacks last year. If the 'Vikes don't go after this guy, There is something fundamentally wrong with the front office. The team won't even sniff Zack thomas.
    No...They played better than the Patriots on February 3rd. Thats about it. They can play the Patriots 10 more times in a row and prob only win that 1 game. They are not a superbowl team and this past year was a fluke. I bet they dont even make the playoffs next year. They are a joke and Eli is overrated. I like 2 players on their team...Uminyora and Burress. Thats it.

And i would not mind if they got odom he is legit. Only thing is....you have no say in what the front office does....we will wait and see. but i personally dont think we will get anyone in FA that will be a starter on our team. Maybe a backup or 2 but thats it.

*SKOL!*

"IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "IBleedPurple28" wrote:
    [quote author=snowinapril link=topic=42357.msg722597#msg722597 date=1203021664]
    Ahmen!

No...They played better than the Patriots on February 3rd. Thats about it. They can play the Patriots 10 more times in a row and prob only win that 1 game. They are not a superbowl team and this past year was a fluke. I bet they dont even make the playoffs next year. They are a joke and Eli is overrated. I like 2 players on their team...Uminyora and Burress. Thats it.

And i would not mind if they got odom he is legit. Only thing is....you have no say in what the front office does....we will wait and see. but i personally dont think we will get anyone in FA that will be a starter on our team. Maybe a backup or 2 but thats it.
    [/quote]No, they played better then anyone else when it counted. Late season, playoffs, superbowl. They didn't deserve to be in the superbowl, the 'Vikes deserved that honor. The vagiants just earned the honor. Also, Of course I don't have a say in who the 'Vikes sign. I was saying that I believe that they will sign Odom. My opinion only.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast