Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dolphins now have a triangle of authority

"Benet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "shawn9876uss" wrote:
    and I thought our triangle was a bad idea
    I'd rather have a rombus of authority, personally.

=Z=
    I'd prefer a trapezoid.

:grin:
    I'll take a Freakazoid...preferably Brazilian! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

marcus vick & joey harrington.. more like they have a single dot in dante

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | Harrington signed to three-year deal
    Wed, 17 May 2006 10:52:18 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Miami Dolphins signed QB Joey Harrington to a three-year contract after acquiring him from the Detroit Lions, according to league salary documents. The deal includes a signing bonus of $2.2 million and a 2006 base salary of $800,000, meaning that Harrington will earn $3 million for the coming season. Harrington is due to receive a $1 million roster bonus and a $1.75 million base salary in 2007. The team guaranteed $750,000 of the $1.75 million base salary, meaning Harrington will receive it even if he is no longer with the club. Harrington will receive $3.75 million in guaranteed money during the three-year deal.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | Harrington prepared to be backup QB
    Thu, 18 May 2006 13:19:11 -0700

Miami Dolphins QB Joey Harrington said he wants to be a starting quarterback, but he is prepared to be the backup to QB Daunte Culpepper if needed. "I don't think any player is content when they are not on the field, but I have been in this situation before," Harrington said. "I was in this situation with (former Detroit Lions QB) Jeff (Garcia) last year where I was forced to be a backup and be ready at any time. ... Of course I want to be out there on the field as a competitor, but as a teammate, I am going to do everything I can to be ready for this team and if that means sitting for a season or two, then I'm prepared to do that."

==========================

but as a teammate, I am going to do everything I can to be ready for this team and if that means sitting for a season or two, then I'm prepared to do that."
    Does he really think that he will work his way into a starting roll by sitting a season or two? The guy is nuts. He is destined to be a career backup, the writing is on the wall in indelible ink.

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | Culpepper runs during practice
    Fri, 19 May 2006 05:14:14 -0700

Craig Barnes, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins QB Daunte Culpepper ran once when no receiver was open in practice Thursday, May 18. "All the coaches were nervous," Miami Dolphins LB Channing Crowder said. "I don't want to go home. You touch Culpepper, I'm right back in Atlanta. I'm not going back there, so I'm not going to hit him."

Dolphins | Harrington relaxed in Miami
    Fri, 19 May 2006 05:16:26 -0700

Craig Barnes, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins QB Joey Harrington is happy to be out of Detroit. "It's a huge relief," said Harrington. "I'm learning everything new again. It is a complete fresh slate, and I love it. We're changing [drop, release and footwork] that they changed in Detroit, but we're changing them back to things that I was really comfortable with."

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Dolphins | Harrington gets off to good start
    Sun, 28 May 2006 07:16:24 -0700

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports word is Miami Dolphins QB Joey Harrington has impressed in his first two weeks of practice with his new team.

Prophet Guest

POSTED 11:15 p.m. EDT, June 1, 2006
    KFFL
    MARTZ SUGGESTS THAT JOEY TOOK EASY WAY OUT
    Mike Florio

Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz took a shot at former starting quarterback Joey Harrington on Thursday, explaining that the third overall pick in the 2002 draft ended up asking out of Motown because he thought it would be "just too hard" to adjust to Martz's offensive system.

"Joey made that decision on his own, and I respect that," Martz said. "It was such a drastic change from what he had been doing, he felt like it was going to be just too hard for him to do, and I understand that. . . . I was a little surprised by it. But things happen to work out for the best. It'll work out for him."

Martz also said that, although the offensive players are still "grossly out of shape," he's seen progress from underachieving wideouts Charles Rogers and Mike Williams.

And, surprisingly, kick returner Eddie Drummond is battling Mike Furrey for the slot receiver role.

"He's working hard, boy," Martz said of Drummond. "That's a guy that is in shape right now. He can run forever, and that's what you want. If he just keeps practicing and just eliminates [a mental error here and there], as the preseason comes around, he should be real effective."

====================

Lions | Martz says Harrington felt adjustment would be hard
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:31:14 -0700

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz spoke Friday, June 2, about former Lions QB Joey Harrington, saying the current Miami Dolphins quarterback felt the adjustment to Martz's system was going to be "just too hard." "Joey made that decision on his own, and I respect that," Martz said. "It was such a drastic change from what he had been doing, he felt like it was going to be just too hard for him to do, and I understand that. ... I was a little surprised by it. But things happen to work out for the best. It'll work out for him."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12