PurplePharaoh is offline Rookie

Dolphins get D-line help, sign Holliday

Ex-Chief, Packer DE inks 2-year contractNFL NOTES
    SportsTicker
    Updated: 4:28 p.m. ET March 6, 2005Coming off a difficult season filled with injuries, defensive end Vonnie Holliday will try to redeem himself in Miami.

Holliday, who was released by the Kansas City Chiefs on February 22, signed a two-year contract Saturday with the Miami Dolphins.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

A seven-year veteran who played his first five seasons with the Green Bay Packers, Holliday appeared in just nine games for the Chiefs in 2004 due to groin and abdomen injuries.

The 29-year-old Holliday enjoyed his finest season with the Packers in 2001, recording a career-high 72 tackles and seven sacks. He had eight sacks in 1998, tying the Green Bay record for a rookie.

A 6-5, 290-pounder, Holliday was the 19th overall pick out of North Carolina in 1998.

Saints shore up line, sign Mayberry
    The New Orleans Saints shored up their offensive line Saturday by agreeing to terms with versatile free agent tackle Jermane Mayberry on a four-year contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

The 6-4, 325-pound Mayberry spent his first nine seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles, earning a trip to the Pro Bowl in 2002.

Mayberry started at right guard in 12 regular-season games and all three postseason contests for the NFC Champion Eagles in 2004. In his tenure with the club, he also played left guard and both tackle positions.

“Jermane has starting experience at every spot up front other than center,” Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said. “He is the consummate professional in his approach. He has been voted to the Pro Bowl and has a wealth of postseason experience.”

The 31-year-old Mayberry will help a New Orleans offense that ranked 27th in the NFL in rushing, despite having one of the top running backs in the league in Deuce McAllister.

“His signing will have a positive impact on our entire offense from both a production and leadership perspective,” Loomis said.
    http://www.angelfire.com/mn2/VikingTrader/

[img:af473e5384]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/don_banks/03/24/banks.vikes/p1_smoot.jpg[/img:af473e5384]

"If loving the Vikings is wrong, I dont wannabe right"

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

Holliday sucks.

gpete13 is offline Starter

they are also signing Carter.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, I don't really think he is "d-line" help. He's been worthless for a few years now!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!