Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Dolphins cut former Vikings CB Benny Sapp

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...enny-sapp-cut/

Someone on the Dolphins gets fired every time the Patriots visit for a Monday Night game.

Last year, it was special teams coach John Bonamego getting booted after a major meltdown. This time around Wes Welkerís 99-yard catch got cornerback Benny Sapp released, according to his agent Andy Simms.

Dolphins fans will remember that Sapp keyed the teamís best defensive play of the night, an interception returned for a touchdown. It seemed like Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll had an even rougher night than Sapp.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Although he wasn't the worst corner on the field for Miami last night, the 99 yard play did him in. Please say no Leslie! Our depth is bad, but Sapp was awful here. Too many stupid penalties.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Although he wasn't the worst corner on the field for Miami last night, the 99 yard play did him in. Please say no Leslie! Our depth is bad, but Sapp was awful here. Too many stupid penalties.
    Are you high? Sapp was one of our brigter looking young guys.

I'd by far rather have Sapp than Tyrell, Sanford, Asher, Guion, amongst others.

Sapp had a few penalties, yes, but he had fire, he wanted to win. He played pretty well most of the time.

btw, lets not forget, if not for one of his penalties, we would never have been in position to get that 99 yard TD, potentially losing that game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Are you high? Sapp was one of our brigter looking young guys.

I'd by far rather have Sapp than Tyrell, Sanford, Asher, Guion, amongst others.

Sapp had a few penalties, yes, but he had fire, he wanted to win. He played pretty well most of the time.

btw, lets not forget, if not for one of his penalties, we would never have been in position to get that 99 yard TD, potentially losing that game.
    I agree that he had fire. He had a lot of great hits too. But I don't want him anywhere near this team again. He isn't worse than Asher Allen. But he isn't much better either. And I wouldn't call him one of our young guys. He is already 30 years old.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    I thought he had a lot of talent but he couldn't keep his cool. He'd be the 4th most talented CB we have... AW, CG, CC....You can try to argue AA there but I don't know.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Suprising move. The 99 yarder was bad, but it was a one on one situation with a great reciever in Wes Welker, and a perfectly placed ball by brady. Also of note is that Benny caused the Tom Brady interception earlier in the game to give the Dolphins a chance.
    Camarillo is still on our roster, does this mean we got the better end of the Sapp for Camarillo trade?

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Suprising move. The 99 yarder was bad, but it was a one on one situation with a great reciever in Wes Welker, and a perfectly placed ball by brady. Also of note is that Benny caused the Tom Brady interception earlier in the game to give the Dolphins a chance.
    Camarillo is still on our roster, does this mean we got the better end of the Sapp for Camarillo trade?
    I think that trade was a total waste of time, for both parties its seems now, 'Rillo will be lucky to get any reps here, and i am surprised he wasnt cut.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    I'm surprised they didn't cut Camarillo in favor of Jaymar.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    yeh, agreed.

did Jaymar land anywhere yet?

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Last I heard he was working out for the Cards and Fitz was impressed. Don't think he signed though so perhaps the staff wasn't as impressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast