Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Does Michael Vick Run too much?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    any QB who averages 2553 pasing yards, 759 rush yards and a 75 passer rating in a season is not a good qb

(these stats are based on complete seasons he played, not 4 games as a rookie)
    2553 isn't impressive... at all when you're supposed to be one of the best in the game.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

He is not a very good passer...but as long as he is winning games, they will keep starting him. But I DOUBT that he will win the big games...he just doesn't have the complete package to do it.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    He does run too much but it's because he's really good at it and still isn't really a pure passer.

I don't agree with his winning game percentage. He wins because they have an awesome running game and a pretty good defense, he doesn't win the game most of the time but he doesn't lose the games for the Falcons either.
    Exactly, Warrick Dunn was in the Pro-Bowl too and so was a few members for that Falcon defense.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

He doesn't run enough these days. When they allowed him to run a couple years ago, he was making alot of plays with his arm.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    2550 yards passing isn't horrible..

750 rush yards is sweet.. I'd take that..

Rating isnt very good.. But whatever..

He wins games..
    He actually hasn't won THAT many games. The Falcons dropped 6 of their last 8 this year and missed the playoffs and Vick looked bad in almost all of them.

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Vick sucked enough to pick apart our defense this year. He may not be the best QB in the pro bowl...but he lead a couple drives. Being a QB isnt always just about stats. Hes a freak of nature.
    And Vick didn't pick apart our defense this year. If you remember, 'Rasmus knocked him out of the game pretty early and Matt Schaub tore us up.

Vick is, was, and always has been overrated. He's exciting, but he's never going to win a championship.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i saw he should run more. that one year where he was aloud to do whatever he wanted the falcons did pretty good. and just the threat of him running gets the team to win games.
    We're bringing purple back.

fabybaby32 is offline Rookie

I think he needs to run more. If you watched the pro bowl, there were a few plays he could've run and got a bunch of yardage but passed it up to throw. Granted that it was the pro bowl, I think he needs to run more. I think that when he runs more, he is near impossible to defeat. I think he is now trying too much to be a normal qb, he needs to do what made him a stud and run more. Even if he misses 3 or 4 games, I would still take that over him trying to be more of a pocket passer.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

the problem is they are trying to make him a pocket passer, and he is not, nor will he ever be. just let the man run, he will get it done.
    We're bringing purple back.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the guy can only run, and he is probably a worse passer than any 3rd stringer in the nfl..as long as he is given the green light to run, the falcons and vick will be successful..if they turn him into a pocket passer, then they will never make the playoffs
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    As bad as he passes, he should just run every play...
    i know did you see him in the pro bowl? what a joke i'd rather have favre out there throwing. vick had 33% passing for when he was in there and an interception; he over threw holt real bad then the announcers try to say it's because of champ bailey. and during the quarterback challenge and i watched that and vick over threw the targets that were just sitting there it was so funny i was laughing. he can't blame his offensive play calling and coordinator for that.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast