Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Does Green Bay WANT to win????

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Hummmmmmmmm...

on packerchatters there are people talking about hoping to lose so they get a better draft pick.

fricken morons.
    Seems to me I remember a few guys talking like that on here earlier in the season when we were losing.
    anyone who wants to lose for a draft pick is a moron.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Favre will never give up and quit, especially to the bears. the packers would love nothing more than to play spoiler.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I seriously think if Farve' can get ANY protection at all from his "O" line that they can and WILL win this game. Chicago's secondary is ripe for the picking against a QB like Farve' ....

bono is offline Hall of Famer

I would THINK the Packers want to win. Do I want them to win? Of course. I always want my boys to win. Do I care if they so happen to lose? No! Because these final games, in my opinion, are meaningless -outside of draft picks is conserned. Had this game come earlier in the season, when the Packers STILL had a chance at competing for a post-season entrance, not only would I WANT them to win, but I'd HATE it very, very badly if they'd lose.
    Want I want more than anything in the game on Sunday, is for the players to walk away healthy...no career-threatening injuries (esp. Favre), in a game that means little of nothing outside of bragging rights.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Prophet Guest

It means a lot as far as Vike's fans are concerned. I hope there are no injuries in any of the games, unfortunately, that's part of the game. Fortunately, Favre is a competitor and the rivalry between the Bears and Packers is deeper than the current standings.

---------
    from nfl.com

Table has turned
    It's gut-wrenching for Packers coach Mike Sherman to talk about missing the playoffs, but at least his team can try to derail the Bears' playoff plans when the teams battle Sunday in the first of two December matchups scheduled. "In our situation right now, we're not going to be in the playoffs. That's out of the picture," Sherman said. "We certainly can revel in being the spoiler. It really turns in my gut to be up here and talk like that, but that's where we are today." The Packers have ruled their division for much of the Brett Favre era, often embarrassing the Bears in the process. Green Bay has won 19 of its last 22 games against Chicago, including 11 straight on the road, and can tie a record for consecutive road victories against a single team on Sunday. But the Packers (2-9) have been beset by injuries and mistakes this season, while the Bears (8-3) suddenly find themselves trying to ride a dominant defense and solid running game to a first-round playoff bye. Kickoff is at 1 p.m. ET on FOX.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

they will try to win, but they will fail.

19 of last 22... didnt 2 of those losses come last year? i know one did for sure.
    We're bringing purple back.

vikessuck is offline Waterboy

listen up all you vikings fans

the real rivalry is between the green bay packers and the chicago bears. The minnesota vikings are nowhere in that equation. Stay out of it, hopefully you losers will get moved to los angeles so the nfc north doesnt have to associated with your scandals and misfits anymore. Plus that organization has more to worry about than being a serious contender in a rivalry. Getting rid of randy moss made you guys better, right? gimme a break. Maybe you guys should jump ship off the love boat, realize your head coach should start worring about X's and O's and less about scalping tickets and paying for women. oh and by the way, grow a pair and build a stadium for the outdoors and change your team colors from purple, you pansys.

Sincerely,
    Bearsfan54

-NFC North Champs 2005-(Da Bears) :thumbright:
    Da Bears

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"vikessuck" wrote:
    listen up all you vikings fans

the real rivalry is between the green bay packers and the chicago bears. The minnesota vikings are nowhere in that equation. Stay out of it, hopefully you losers will get moved to los angeles so the nfc north doesnt have to associated with your scandals and misfits anymore. Plus that organization has more to worry about than being a serious contender in a rivalry. Getting rid of randy moss made you guys better, right? gimme a break. Maybe you guys should jump ship off the love boat, realize your head coach should start worring about X's and O's and less about scalping tickets and paying for women. oh and by the way, grow a pair and build a stadium for the outdoors and change your team colors from purple, you pansys.

Sincerely,
    Bearsfan54

-NFC North Champs 2005-(Da Bears) :thumbright:

You think we actually LIKE the metrodome? :roll:
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

See what I mean about Bears fans? 3 winning seasons since I popped out of the womb and they still think they have the right to talk tough.
    The real rivalry was with the competitive teams, the Vikings and Packers. Your flash in the pan playoff runs in which you lose in the first round or give touchdowns to giant retards instead of Payton compare nothing to the teams that have won more championships in this division than the lowly Bears or Lions. STFU, FMFCSB

vikessuck is offline Waterboy

uh huh well the bears packers rivalry goes back a lot further than the last 10, 20, 30, 40 years....ya get the point. and when all the sudden did the vikings become some powerhouse winner? how many super bowls? and no its doesnt matter how many times ya make the playoffs...its how many times ya win it all. not saying the bears have tons of super bowls (1), but thats one more than the vikings have. oh and by the way...your vikings may not even play in minnesota next year. get a plane ticket and i'll cya later
    Da Bears

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast