Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moviefan2247 is offline Waterboy

Does anything think the Vikings stand a chance to make it to the Superbowl?

Just wondering. They are a real powerhouse team this year. Been a fan of them for the last 10 years since I was introduced to football and would really love to see them make it this year. Any thoughts?
    ??? ??? ???

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Does anything think the Vikings stand a chance to make it to the Superbowl?

Yes

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Moviefan2247" wrote:
    Just wondering. They are a real powerhouse team this year. Been a fan of them for the last 10 years since I was introduced to football and would really love to see them make it this year. Any thoughts?
    ??? ??? ???
    Been discussed many times, but aside from that.

yes, I do think this could very well be our year.
    I don't see any team in the league we can't beat.
    Thats not to say we're invincible, but this is one of the best teams since 98.
    Maybe even better.
    I'm not looking forward to playing the saints in the playoffs, I hope they get upset, but if we do manage to win the superbowl, I don't know what I'd do.

Moviefan2247 is offline Waterboy

Sorry I bleed purple, I'm still new to this site. I would really love to stick it to the Saints in the playoffs. Would totally make my year. Last time I went up to Minnesota and saw them play was back in 05. I went to HHM and after the game went with my grandfather, who knows Ziggy, and had the whole team sign a helmet. I would love to actually do that again this year, and meet Favre and AP. My grandfather is getting ready to buy tickets for playoff games. Hope this is their year!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Moviefan2247" wrote:
    Sorry I bleed purple, I'm still new to this site. I would really love to stick it to the Saints in the playoffs. Would totally make my year. Last time I went up to Minnesota and saw them play was back in 05. I went to HHM and after the game went with my grandfather, who knows Ziggy, and had the whole team sign a helmet. I would love to actually do that again this year, and meet Favre and AP. My grandfather is getting ready to buy tickets for playoff games. Hope this is their year!
    not a big issue
    Thats pretty cool though that your grandpa knows Zygi, I'd love to have the chance to meet the team.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Moviefan2247" wrote:
    not a big issue
    Thats pretty cool though that your grandpa knows Zygi, I'd love to have the chance to meet the team.
    That is awesome....Grandfathers are great, aren't they.....I've been a fan for 42 years now, never had the chance to meet the team, but I've met some players and coaches over the years......Best part though is the friends I've meet here at PPO....I truly meen that!

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

The Saints really aren't all that special.
    Early on they blew teams out but the last 3 games they have won by a fraction over one TD.
    Heck they allowed the Rams to get 23pts and only won by 5.

If the Saints are anything they will beat NE in a couple weeks, which I really doubt.

The big difference between the Vikes and the Saints, is the Saints are as good as they are gonna get, as they have multi year vets at virtually every position.
    Their 1st and 2nd year players have hardly played, thus IMO minimal expected improvement.

Whereas the Vikes are heavily Load, PH, Sully, and Tyrell, plus JJ and Rey at PR, 3 rooks and 3 2nd year players. All of which are getting better as the season goes on.
    Few teams can do as well as the Vikes relying on such young players.
    Some may consider it a negative, myself I think with good leadership these guy are gonna do great come playoff time.

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site.

To answer your question, they do have a shot, however, football, as you know is still a violent sport.
    Even though alot of effort has been put in to keep it from happening, players get hurt and that can derail a team of this caliber.

Having said that, I do think that we have something going for us.
    Depth.

OL.
    Most don't like Cook, but I look at him a bit different.
    He and Hicks add some quality depth to our OL.
    As long as we have that, our offense will continue to click.

QB.
    Of course we have the Iron Man of football starting so that bodes well, but just in case, TJ and Sage have both proven that they can come off the bench and win.

Our young guys at CB have come in the last few weeks and performed well.

Who better than CT can you ask for to back up AD.

I question our depth at LB based on what happened last year but Brinkley looks like a stud and Farewell adds experience.

WR.
    What was once our weakness appears to be one of our strengths.
    Would love to see DR and JJ gets some reps on offense but I feel comfortable that they could/would come in and produce.

DL. Robison, Kennedy, Guion, Evans.
    All give us some nice reps as they rotate in and out.
    Watch closely, I've seen some pretty unique groups on the field this year.

Having said all that, I feel pretty comfortable that this team stands a good chance this year and what is even more impressive, we stand a chance next year, and the year and the year after ect because of the way the team is built.

Depth my friend is a nice thing to have.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Welcome to the site.

To answer your question, they do have a shot, however, football, as you know is still a violent sport.
    Even though alot of effort has been put in to keep it from happening, players get hurt and that can derail a team of this caliber.

Having said that, I do think that we have something going for us.
    Depth.

OL.
    Most don't like Cook, but I look at him a bit different.
    He and Hicks add some quality depth to our OL.
    As long as we have that, our offense will continue to click.

QB.
    Of course we have the Iron Man of football starting so that bodes well, but just in case, TJ and Sage have both proven that they can come off the bench and win.

Our young guys at CB have come in the last few weeks and performed well.

Who better than CT can you ask for to back up AD.

I question our depth at LB based on what happened last year but Brinkley looks like a stud and Farewell adds experience.

WR.
    What was once our weakness appears to be one of our strengths.
    Would love to see DR and JJ gets some reps on offense but I feel comfortable that they could/would come in and produce.

DL. Robison, Kennedy, Guion, Evans.
    All give us some nice reps as they rotate in and out.
    Watch closely, I've seen some pretty unique groups on the field this year.

Having said all that, I feel pretty comfortable that this team stands a good chance this year and what is even more impressive, we stand a chance next year, and the year and the year after ect because of the way the team is built.

Depth My Farvish Friend is a nice thing to have.
    What he's trying to say is, "yes."
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

At this stage, from what I've seen so far, the Vikings only legitimate roadblock to Superbowl success is themselves.

They beat Pittsburgh, but a handful of stupid mistakes swung the score the wrong direction.

They would have lost last week to a better team, also due to stupid blunders.

This team, when firing on all cylinders, really is unstoppable. But, having 53 players, ten plus coaches and a handful of referees perform flawlessly every week is asking a lot.

With minimized mistakes, good calls from the officials and a healthy team, the Superbowl is assured. Have any of those go wrong at a crucial moment and it'll be another disappointing year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast