NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Do YOU want tickets to Super Bowl XLVIII?

I post this every year... hoping we get another representative from PP.O at the big game again one of these times!

Super Bowl XLVIII will be held at MetLife Stadium at the Meadowlands in 2014. Because of the demand on tickets, they are only made available for purchase through a general drawing.

NFL.com - Frequently Asked Questions
    How can I buy Super Bowl XLVIII tickets?

The demand for tickets to the Super Bowl greatly exceeds the supply. The majority of tickets are allotted to the two participating teams, and to a lesser extent through each of the other NFL teams. Remaining tickets for the general public are made available through a random drawing. There is no other means for the general public to purchase tickets. The NFL does not sell tickets to travel or ticket agents.

Entries for the random drawing are accepted between Feb. 1 and June 1 of the year preceding the game in question. All ticket requests must be sent via certified or registered mail. Those selected in the random drawing will have the opportunity to purchase two tickets.

Requests for Super Bowl XLVIII, to be played Feb. 2014 in New Jersey, will be accepted beginning Feb. 1, 2013 until June 1, 2013. Your request for admittance into the drawing should include Full Name, address, city, state, zip, phone, and email. They should be sent to:

Super Bowl Random Drawing
    P.O. Box 49140
    Strongsville, OH 44149-0140

Please note that only one request per address is accepted. All duplicate requests will be disregarded.

You will be notified via regular mail in late October / early November as to the status (win or lose) of your eligibility to purchase Super Bowl tickets.
    There is a separate drawing for ADA tickets for those who require them.

And yes, you can win. I won the right to purchase two tickets to Super Bowl XLII, and I got to watch the Giants ruin the Patriots 19-doh! season in person. From what I gather, there are only about 500 pairs of tickets made available through the drawing, but even if all 111.3 million people who watched the game sent in requests (which I KNOW doesn't happen), it is still about a 1 in 4 million chance - and that's better than the lottery. My guess is less than 10% of the people who watch the game actually send in requests, so that bring it to about 1 in 400,000.

FYI, you ARE allowed to sell Super Bowl tickets, but only once, and the sale has to be made prior to post season starting.

It's free to enter - so why not?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Requests are accepted beginning today. It only costs a stamp to enter...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Buying tickets directly from the NFL, even "at-cost", would still have to be highly priced and I would seriously have to be emotionally invested in the teams playing to warrant that kind of an investment (i.e. if the Vikings were playing). Not to mention the travel, airfare, lodging, food, etc. that wouldn't be included in just the ticket price.

If the NFL had some way for you to "reserve" the tickets for a while after you won the rights to purchase them and then if, say, The Patriots made it again for the bazillionth time against the Seahawks or Falcons or some other team I could give a shit less about and "unreserve" them for someone else to buy then that would be cool.

TL;DR: It would only be cool in my opinion to go to the Super Bowl if the Vikings were playing

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    I'm going to enter the ADA drawing, odds should be better than the regular lottery for me. Also, seeing the game is in New Jersey ( New Giants Stadium) next year, I'll be able to stay at my sisters in CT., and that puts me only a 2 hour drive to the stadium. Won't have to dish out a ton on hotel ect ect ect.....Would be really a dream come true to win a pair and Vikings play, and WIN!!!!! You guys would see me naked on the 50 at games end.....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.