Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: DL Rankings - CBS (Pete Prisco)

The skinny: The Chargers use a 3-4, so their outside linebackers are included in the evaluation. Merriman is a star off the right side. Shaun Phillips, the other outside backer, also is a good player. Nose tackle Jamal Williams is a power player when he's on the field. Luis Castillo and Olshansky are perfect for this 3-4 scheme. Making Olshansky the weak link is nitpicking; that's how good this front is. Backup players Ryon Bingham and Jacques Cesaire are capable of being starters. It's the best group in football.

Rating: 1

I guess the Chargers where just having a bad day when AD ran all over them and got himself some silly record that game.

I'de take our line over the Chargers, any day of the week.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

3 teams from the NFC north are in the top 10. Qbs are not going to look forward to playing this division

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I'm a big Texans fan, and i think they're a little underrated i think they could do good against us when we play them...

Vikings, after this season we'll be ranked 1st
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"NordicNed" wrote:
    The skinny: The Chargers use a 3-4, so their outside linebackers are included in the evaluation. Merriman is a star off the right side. Shaun Phillips, the other outside backer, also is a good player. Nose tackle Jamal Williams is a power player when he's on the field. Luis Castillo and Olshansky are perfect for this 3-4 scheme. Making Olshansky the weak link is nitpicking; that's how good this front is. Backup players Ryon Bingham and Jacques Cesaire are capable of being starters. It's the best group in football.

Rating: 1

I guess the Chargers where just having a bad day when AD ran all over them and got himself some silly record that game.

I'de take our line over the Chargers, any day of the week.....

twice on Sundays

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    I'm a big Texans fan, and i think they're a little underrated i think they could do good against us when we play them...

Texans Mr. Holland?

Where the hell did that come from?
    I may have to go back and edit your Congrats thread now
    ;D

I will agree the Texans are getting better, but they won't beat the Vikings....Everything comes up short in Texass...LOL

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

Texans Mr. Holland?

Where the hell did that come from?
    I may have to go back and edit your Congrats thread now
    ;D

I will agree the Texans are getting better, but they won't beat the Vikings....Everything comes up short in Texass...LOL

Lol, no but i know their D-line could make our O-line sweat...

And as for the Texans, i always liked the Underdog, i'm also a big Jets fan ( and sometimes a browns rooter )
    Plus i always used to like Carr lol can you believe that
    ;D
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

LOL,

To be honest, I always wanted Carr to be good.
    I'm also one who fights for the underdog also, and I always have..

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

The Giants have big bodies in Barry Cofield and Fred Robbins to hold the point on running downs. They have speed rushers in Osi Umenyiora and [size=10pt]Mike Strahan[/size] on the edges. Justin Tuck, who dominated in the Super Bowl victory against the New England Patriots, is the versatile one, showing up both inside and outside.
    Vote ended a little too early:

Giants 23%
    Vikes 22%

How things have changed now?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"SKOL" wrote:
    The Giants have big bodies in Barry Cofield and Fred Robbins to hold the point on running downs. They have speed rushers in Osi Umenyiora and [size=10pt]Mike Strahan[/size] on the edges. Justin Tuck, who dominated in the Super Bowl victory against the New England Patriots, is the versatile one, showing up both inside and outside.

Giants 23%
    Vikes 22%

With the retirement of Strahan, there is one clear #1 DL and I think we all know who it is.

Hell, without the retirement of old geezer Strahan, I think we all knew who the true #1 DL was.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

Giants 23%
    Vikes 22%

With the retirement of Strahan, there is one clear #1 DL and I think we all know who it is.

Hell, without the retirement of old geezer Strahan, I think we all knew who the true #1 DL was.
    Jared - Williams Wall - Ray

I just don't understand how any person with even the smallest football knowledge.. wouldn't understand that the front 4 of the Vikes is not just 3 pro bowlers.. or just so !#$%!# dominating it's
    scary.. but think it this way... the 4 of them DEMAND that O cord's use 6-8 guys JUST for them..

so of your 11.. say 7 are used... qb.. now u have 3 targets vs 7 of our guys?

i can't understand how this is not seen as the best group in the nfl hands down.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12