Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disgusting.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Disgusting.

It must be tough to be Brett Favre. You realize you are not as good as the media likes to portray you. You try to act humble by driving a pickup truck and wearing ratty blue jeans, and people just lionize you more as the working class/Cavin and Hobbes hero. You can't really say, "Hey, I'm not like Joe Montana. I don't even have a single Super Bowl MVP trophy. My team hasn't been to the Super Bowl for years. I finally have some receivers and my numbers are up this year, that's all." Instead, you just accept the award. Nobody knows the inner pain you feel.

If he writes a book we'll probably find out his outer image persona is completely different than the one the media pumps. He probably loves playing football, indeed, but the guy has had a tough life. He must not have a lot of people who really understand him as a person.

Hopefully, Favre will retire after this year and focus on his personal life. He deserves to sort things out and really find happiness and fulfillment.

I really feel bad for the guy, even as a Vikings fan. He's got to be the most misunderstood guy in America. It's tough to get to the top of the mountain, but it really must be lonely at the top.

Go Vikings!

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    It must be tough to be Brett Favre. You realize you are not as good as the media likes to portray you. You try to act humble by driving a pickup truck and wearing ratty blue jeans, and people just lionize you more as the working class/Cavin and Hobbes hero. You can't really say, "Hey, I'm not like Joe Montana. I don't even have a single Super Bowl MVP trophy. My team hasn't been to the Super Bowl for years. I finally have some receivers and my numbers are up this year, that's all." Instead, you just accept the award. Nobody knows the inner pain you feel.

If he writes a book we'll probably find out his outer image persona is completely different than the one the media pumps. He probably loves playing football, indeed, but the guy has had a tough life. He must not have a lot of people who really understand him as a person.

Hopefully, Favre will retire after this year and focus on his personal life. He deserves to sort things out and really find happiness and fulfillment.

I really feel bad for the guy, even as a Vikings fan. He's got to be the most misunderstood guy in America. It's tough to get to the top of the mountain, but it really must be lonely at the top.
    I didn't think it was possible but I $hit myself in reverse again when I read this.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

That all is likely cake. Its the unsuppressed Madden manlove that would turn my stomach and make me write my memoirs.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123