Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A dis on Hovan

Del Rio Guest

Re: A dis on Hovan

What's sad is he did make it, he had thousands of people wearing his jersey. He had fans all about him. He made it, he burned out and faded faster then Favre's night light but he was here he made some noise. I find that some what respectable.

You can take any old 320lb giant take about 500 quilts and turn them into a uniform and say here big boy all we want is you to be as fat as you can and stand right here. Try hard to make it off the field before they snap it in between series so we can rest you.

For a guy to come in and do what he did being undersized and with the expectations of a team on him while there seemed to be little hope between a cheap azz owner who never attempted to open his wallet and a massive coaching change, a revolving door of shoddy D-Cords including old Teddy who is about the worst of all of them, I don't hold any ill feelings for Mr. Mullet Man.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I surrender Del Rio!!!!!!!!!!

I put my hands up, don't shot. Hovan was the greatest ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am not ready to say that Pat is a bust! I will let you know latter on what I think of him! For now he is a starter on the Vikes and I have not seen enough of him to make on decision on if he is a good player for us or not!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

I'm not taking points for that surrender we can just continue this later when we have some Pat stats, say meet here in like November?

lol

At high noon Del Rio!

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Hey Whack;

I wasn't trying to get on you ( I miss talking with you too) just pointing out a fact. Just thought it was a pretty lame attempt to defend Pat using the excuse that he hasn't played much when the same can be said for Hovan this year. You are correct he was a bust here and does not belong on this team now with the way they want to play their defense and I hope Pat does what he is supposed to and what they want him to do. I agree with Del in regards to Hovan that he was not foruntate enough to have very much stability here and perhaps very poor coaching you don't need to look any farther then the 4 different "D" coordinators in five years to the fact that Tice has been his head coach for the last couple years when Hovan really started to fade may have had something to do with his demise ( no offense against Tice I like him but lets be honest he may not be considered the best coach in the league) maybe he will flourish in Tampa I really hope he does because he really seems to love the game and you like to see somebody like that make it. Obviously some people see something in him because there are lots of big guys with lots of heart and drive who don't make an NFL team year after year as much as they try so he must be doing something right. Tampa has him listed as a starter this year according to an article this past saturday so they like what he is doing so far. So that is really my point. I won't judge him until I see how he plays in games that really count he may not be in the league next year and then we won't have to argue how bad he sucks.

I look forward to more fun/flirty conversations with you in the future whack.....hope you aren't too mad at me. :lol:

Never Little Red!

I am still even volunteering to take those photos for you! I think they should be birthday suit type, but a purple bikini works fine too!

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

GET A ROOM..... :violent3:

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Never Little Red!

I am still even volunteering to take those photos for you! I think they should be birthday suit type, but a purple bikini works fine too!
    Well we will have to work on that. But they can only be for your personal pleasure :wink: no posting them on the site.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This was on Viking Update and I thought that some people might enjoy it.

I know there are some people who like this guy, but I am not one of them. I hope that he can rejuvenate his career (as long as it is not in Minnesota), but this does not look good.

* Hovan: the Rebirth -- Former Viking Chris Hovan sparkled under his new tutors in Tampa Saturday, registering one tackle with no sacks and no assists. The extra effort paid off, although one VU scout said the tackle came as the result of a player stumbling over a prone Hovan.
    That's one tackle more then Fat Pat had.........
    Sadly, there is no measurment when players suck up blockers, so that people around him can make plays..... he'll get his tackles... eventually, but thats not his game...

Del Rio Guest

There is film though and I have plenty of that.

Him taking on one blocker does nothing.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast