Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    71

    Re: DirecTV question

    I spent years watching Vikes on Sunday Ticket at my buddy's parents' home. Now as an adult, I get this package. They moved to Vermont and cannot get DirecTV at their place.

    So from time to time, he has used the account info to tap into a game. It is really that simple. You can use an ipad or laptop and hook directly up to a TV. Bam! HD games. The quality is pretty boss. Just make sure you have a decent internet connection on your end.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    71

    Re: DirecTV question

    On connection speed, just hit speedtest.net and run a test. I imagine anything over 1.5mbps down should be just fine...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    71

    Re: DirecTV question

    I should note that only one user can use the online application at a time. So they can watch through their TV while you use the online interface. But you both cannot even be logged in. If it detects another user logged in, it will not only knock you out, but when you try again, you have to wait 5 minutes to ensure people aren't sharing the account.

  4. #14
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: DirecTV question

    Quote Originally Posted by "lumberjackgreg" #1102996
    I should note that only one user can use the online application at a time. So they can watch through their TV while you use the online interface. But you both cannot even be logged in. If it detects another user logged in, it will not only knock you out, but when you try again, you have to wait 5 minutes to ensure people aren't sharing the account.
    That is what I figured. They would not be allowed online at the same time. I will have to look into this.

    I am going to try to find a friend that has it anyways and will let me pay him for the online app ... otherwise I am calling my parents and springing for the full package.
    Thanks for your help by the way.

  5. #15
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DirecTV question

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1102953
    Not really sure where I should put this so I went with general NFL, though I guess it might be more of a non-NFL thing.

    I cannot get DirecTV at my current residence without cutting down three 100+-year-old trees when my next door neighbor is not looking. So I am stuck with this question ...

    If my parents were to get the NFL package (which they could) and upgrade it ToGo ... would there be anything preventing my from shooting their accounts package to my iPad (even though they live two hours away).

    If anyone has tried this or thinks/knows it would work, let me know. I would definitely be willing to pay for the package. I am guessing I would just need my parents (or whomever I conspired with) to give me their account name and password to watch on my iPad.
    My suggestion is to send your neighbors out for a nice evening meal, go to the hardware store and buy a chain saw and you can fill in the res of the blanks. If they have a problem buy them a membership to the Arbor Day Foundation.

  6. #16
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: DirecTV question

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102998
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1102953
    Not really sure where I should put this so I went with general NFL, though I guess it might be more of a non-NFL thing.

    I cannot get DirecTV at my current residence without cutting down three 100+-year-old trees when my next door neighbor is not looking. So I am stuck with this question ...

    If my parents were to get the NFL package (which they could) and upgrade it ToGo ... would there be anything preventing my from shooting their accounts package to my iPad (even though they live two hours away).

    If anyone has tried this or thinks/knows it would work, let me know. I would definitely be willing to pay for the package. I am guessing I would just need my parents (or whomever I conspired with) to give me their account name and password to watch on my iPad.
    My suggestion is to send your neighbors out for a nice evening meal, go to the hardware store and buy a chain saw and you can fill in the res of the blanks. If they have a problem buy them a membership to the Arbor Day Foundation.
    I don't think it will work. The chainsaw is all fine and dandy, but it would literally cost thousands to get those things moved when they came down.

  7. #17
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DirecTV question

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1103002
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102998
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1102953
    Not really sure where I should put this so I went with general NFL, though I guess it might be more of a non-NFL thing.

    I cannot get DirecTV at my current residence without cutting down three 100+-year-old trees when my next door neighbor is not looking. So I am stuck with this question ...

    If my parents were to get the NFL package (which they could) and upgrade it ToGo ... would there be anything preventing my from shooting their accounts package to my iPad (even though they live two hours away).

    If anyone has tried this or thinks/knows it would work, let me know. I would definitely be willing to pay for the package. I am guessing I would just need my parents (or whomever I conspired with) to give me their account name and password to watch on my iPad.
    My suggestion is to send your neighbors out for a nice evening meal, go to the hardware store and buy a chain saw and you can fill in the res of the blanks. If they have a problem buy them a membership to the Arbor Day Foundation.
    I don't think it will work. The chainsaw is all fine and dandy, but it would literally cost thousands to get those things moved when they came down.
    if you're talented, you can cut it into a cone-shape, then you can say a beaver cut it down. Their problem now.

  8. #18
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: DirecTV question

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103005
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1103002
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102998
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1102953
    Not really sure where I should put this so I went with general NFL, though I guess it might be more of a non-NFL thing.

    I cannot get DirecTV at my current residence without cutting down three 100+-year-old trees when my next door neighbor is not looking. So I am stuck with this question ...

    If my parents were to get the NFL package (which they could) and upgrade it ToGo ... would there be anything preventing my from shooting their accounts package to my iPad (even though they live two hours away).

    If anyone has tried this or thinks/knows it would work, let me know. I would definitely be willing to pay for the package. I am guessing I would just need my parents (or whomever I conspired with) to give me their account name and password to watch on my iPad.
    My suggestion is to send your neighbors out for a nice evening meal, go to the hardware store and buy a chain saw and you can fill in the res of the blanks. If they have a problem buy them a membership to the Arbor Day Foundation.
    I don't think it will work. The chainsaw is all fine and dandy, but it would literally cost thousands to get those things moved when they came down.
    if you're talented, you can cut it into a cone-shape, then you can say a beaver cut it down. Their problem now.
    Not a bad idea. But three monster trees for one beaver nowhere near a place for the beaver to build a damn ... I may be outed.

  9. #19
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: DirecTV question

    Someone mentioned Slingbox earlier, and as a guy that uses those types of devices almost weekly with my travel schedule I will tell you this. I have owned and worn out a couple of slingboxes over the years, ditto for a similar device called PCTVtogo from a few years ago, and am currently using a device called at Vulkano by Monsoon Multi Media (They were formerly called HAVA players, and I think they at some point absorbed the company that used to make the PCTVtogo machine that I used to have)

    This current Vulkano kicks butt, it streams HD video, which most Slingboxes struggle with, and it also can communicate wirelessly within your home network so you dont have to have a location where you can get an Ethernet connection to the box (which I think the Slingboxes still require). The model I have the Vulkano Pro 500 has its own external 500G harddrive that can supplement the memory that my DVR has so I could in theory probably record an additional 500 hrs of HD video in addition to the 100 hrs of HD video that my DVR can hold.

    But they are awesome devices that I could not live without. When I travel no matter where I am as long as I have wireless internet access I can watch my home DirectTV live, or watch anything on my DVR, set my DVR (which you can obviously do from any smart phone with DirectTV anyway), but this also let me erase things that are already recorded to free up room, etc. You can control, watch, and basically do everything you can do while sitting in front of your TV. I use it quite often around the house as well as I can watch items in my home office DVR, and if I am going to another part of the house just call it up on my ipad and walk around the house with that and never have to quit watching the same program.

    My buddies and I were stuck on I-65 in the middle of nowhere in AL one day for over an hour and a half as the interstate was completely shut down in front of us for a fatality accident. I just turned on my mifi from Verizon opened up the Vulkano player on my Ipad and we were watching the golf I recorded that day from my home TV. By the time traffic got ready to move we had several people standing around my car watching the golf on the hood of my car on the ipad. Really quite remarkable when you think of the distances those signals had to travel back and forth between my ipad and my TV at home through all the different links and networks, and the lag time from my remote on the screen to when the TV at home reacted to fast forwarding etc was literally probably only 10 seconds. Remarkable!

  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DirecTV question

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1103007
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103005
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1103002
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1102998
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1102953
    Not really sure where I should put this so I went with general NFL, though I guess it might be more of a non-NFL thing.

    I cannot get DirecTV at my current residence without cutting down three 100+-year-old trees when my next door neighbor is not looking. So I am stuck with this question ...

    If my parents were to get the NFL package (which they could) and upgrade it ToGo ... would there be anything preventing my from shooting their accounts package to my iPad (even though they live two hours away).

    If anyone has tried this or thinks/knows it would work, let me know. I would definitely be willing to pay for the package. I am guessing I would just need my parents (or whomever I conspired with) to give me their account name and password to watch on my iPad.
    My suggestion is to send your neighbors out for a nice evening meal, go to the hardware store and buy a chain saw and you can fill in the res of the blanks. If they have a problem buy them a membership to the Arbor Day Foundation.
    I don't think it will work. The chainsaw is all fine and dandy, but it would literally cost thousands to get those things moved when they came down.
    if you're talented, you can cut it into a cone-shape, then you can say a beaver cut it down. Their problem now.
    Not a bad idea. But three monster trees for one beaver nowhere near a place for the beaver to build a damn ... I may be outed.
    Maybe look into explosives. Nothing should be allowed to keep a guy from DirecTv or Sunday Ticket.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Directv Discounts
    By Vikefanman2000 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 04:53 PM
  2. DirecTV Superfan game not in HD!
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
  3. DirecTV/Stream TV
    By DaVizzles in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 02:50 AM
  4. DirecTV QB Challenge
    By DaVizzles in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 11:30 PM
  5. DirecTV
    By DaVizzles in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 10:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •