Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV deal

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Direct TV deal

I just signed up for Direct TV and the have a pretty good deal running through their website right now for new customers. Since I live in TX and am a Vikings fan I have to get the NFL package in order to watch the games. Right now you get the NFL Sunday Ticket package for $229.00 ($20.00 off and in 5 payments) plus you get NFL Superfan Package for FREE($99.00 Value). NFL Package gets you all the games (also read elsewhere there are no more blackouts for satellite customers) but the Superfan add on gets you additional channels where you can watch 8 games at once, another to give you all the scores and big plays all at once, and another that recaps all the games on Monday. Plus if you have HDTV, the Superfan add on gives you all the games in HD. This is all on top of getting the first months free programming, free DVR and free portable DVD player. I was just signing up so I could watch all the games but the Superfan freebie and extras is icing on the cake. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum but I figured this is NFL worthy news since it will allow us non-Minnestoa residents to see all the games from home and get a pretty solid deal out of it

Re: Direct TV deal

Welcome to the Sunday Ticket Redmption: I have had it for 8 or 9 years and I love it. It gives those of us far away from Minny the chance to enjoy the games. You will love it. I didnt care for the Superfan add ons as much except for the HD games, but you only get about 4/5 games per weekend on HD. But, free....can lose on that deal. Enjoy!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Sounds like a good deal to me! Now all I have to do is finish remodeling my house by the fall so that I can take Sundays off to watch all of the games! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I have DirecTV, I just got it last year, mainly for Sunday Ticket.

The promo I keep hearing about is $20 off (didn't realize the superfan freebie, etc.).

The deal I got last year when I signed up was their best programming package free, which included every movie channel, and every foxsports regional channel, along w/ several others, for 4 months, while paying only for Sunday Ticket, in 4 installments, those months.

I was thinking of holding out for a slightly better deal than $20 off, but I don't know what they usually offer. I guess w/ the superfan and HD, it's not a bad deal, but I was hoping to get some free movie channels again.

For those of you that have had DirecTV for more than a year or two, do they usually come out with other promos, or if you're already a customer, do you get screwed out of the really sweet deals?
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"JDogg926" wrote:

The promo I keep hearing about is $20 off (didn't realize the superfan freebie, etc.).

The deal I got last year when I signed up was their best programming package free, which included every movie channel, and every foxsports regional channel, along w/ several others, for 4 months, while paying only for Sunday Ticket, in 4 installments, those months.

I was thinking of holding out for a slightly better deal than $20 off, but I don't know what they usually offer. I guess w/ the superfan and HD, it's not a bad deal, but I was hoping to get some free movie channels again.

For those of you that have had DirecTV for more than a year or two, do they usually come out with other promos, or if you're already a customer, do you get screwed out of the really sweet deals?
    Had the ticket for 5 years ... existing customers get crap.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I have had DirecTV for a long time now, along with the NFL Sunday Ticket package. Along with superfan, it allows me to watch the vikings games. I think it is the greatest invention for TV.

Thank you Josdin for the sig

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:

Had the ticket for 5 years ... existing customers get crap.
    So, you're saying, I should probably take the $20 off while I can get it, I think it ends 7/31.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

I just talked to the lady at Direct TV and she said eventhough you have Direct TV already you can call to add the NFL Package and they will give you superfan for free since its their fathers day deal. Even if you have the NFL package from previous years and it automatically resigns you up, I think you can just call and cancel your renewal then resign up for the $20.00 off plus free superfan package.

Directv loves sending you renewal stuff and you think you are getting a good deal until you hear about stuff like this. I recently got a letter saying "because your a valued customer, we are giving you 50.00 off your superfan subscription. Then, we hear they are giving it for free to new customers. But, they are the only game in town if you want to watch out of market games. It's a legal monopoly.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

"vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    Welcome to the Sunday Ticket Redmption: I have had it for 8 or 9 years and I love it. It gives those of us far away from Minny the chance to enjoy the games. You will love it. I didnt care for the Superfan add ons as much except for the HD games, but you only get about 4/5 games per weekend on HD. But, free....can lose on that deal. Enjoy!
    HD games require the addition of the $99 "Superfan" add on package so HD games are not "Free". I think it's a rip since we already pay $10 extra a month for a lousy 10 or so HD channels. Bandwith is precious and I understand that HD soaks it up (3 times or more than regular SD proggies) but we are getting hammered just for wanting our Ticket in HD.

Just another lousy way to help pay for their big Directv/NFL exclusive contract deal.

BUNK!
    Home Sweet Dome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast