Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tybrones87 is offline Rookie

Re: Did Chicago really just beat the Colts that badly?

Wow, lots of excuses as to why the Bears won. Plain and simple they just dominated an elite team. Missing Saturday isn't going to account for the large point margin, neither is Manning being "rusty". He wasn't very rusty IMO, looked decent, he has looked better but its not like he was flinging picks all over the field like he did a year or two ago against SD. I'd point to a lack of an effective ground game much more than anything else... Could it possibly be the Bears that made their ground game ineffective?

The Bears are bringing backplayers they lost last year to injury. Vasher was gone for most of last year, as well as Mike Brown. Which are two pretty big parts to that defense. They were flying all over the field just like a few years back. Remember people the Bears went to the Super Bowl using nearly the same personnel on defense, coupled with an effective rushing attack.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I just hope the Colts don't come out pissed next week.
    :-

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

"marstc09" wrote:
    :-\
    That is what I am worried about, but we do have a very good team this year, I think we will be better equipt to handle it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I though Peyton Manning was just fine, what wasn't fine was the Colts Offensive Line. Peyton was roughed up and pushed out of pocket/forced to throw on the run all night. The Bears were great they were physical, tackled well and most importantly got great pressure all game. Forte is a very good back he's a bigger guy thats no Bull, he gets north and south quickly, nice footwork, really knows how to run. Orton was another guy that did very well he looked confident and had some really nice throws, accurate all night. The biggest surprise for me was the way the Bears Offensive Line played.

Peyton certainly was off on a couple passess but just by inches, in a couple more weeks and he's hitting those, still a fairly good game for him but flustered all night. The only thing that would have made the Bears better is if they kept Berrian as a deep threat for Orton, especailly now that there offense has a real RB and a QB that won't throw the game away.

With the Bears playing on this type of level its makes for a tuff division.
    Excellent post my friend.

Even though Peyton was a bit off with his passes it all came down to what the Bears did defensively against thier OL.
    How many times did you see at least 1 LB (I saw 2 alot of times) up over the C?

As some yutz on here said a week or so ago, the loss of Saturday is gonna be huge for the Colts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"funkyasflea" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    That is what I am worried about, but we do have a very good team this year, I think we will be better equipt to handle it.
    I felt like they used the game against the Bears to almost 'ease' Manning back into playing.

He didn't play at all during preseason and they kept him to very limited throws it seemed like.

Hopefully, he'll still be rusty next week... and our Pass rush gets to him. Should be a good game though, I'm looking forward to it even more now!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "funkyasflea" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I felt like they used the game against the Bears to almost 'ease' Manning back into playing.

He didn't play at all during preseason and they kept him to very limited throws it seemed like.

Hopefully, he'll still be rusty next week... and our Pass rush gets to him. Should be a good game though, I'm looking forward to it even more now!
    I think we are goingt o matchup well against the colts.
    But I will save my match up post for Wednesday... We have PACKERS to focus on today, and the win to relish tomorrow!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple D is offline Starter

The Colts Defense didn't impress me at all.
    I think if Forte can run on the Colts AP and CT will be able to run easily.
    Orton seemed to throw the ball pretty well against them also.
    I think the Colts Defense has overachieved in years past and now they are playing more to their ability.
    Hopefully the Vikes can have their way with the Colts Defense and pull out a victory.
    Hopefully Saturday will be out for the Vikes game also,
    that will give Pat and Kevin an even easier path to
    Manning.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

dfosterf is offline Coach

I was going to file a report on something that we could agree upon, attempting to find a little bit of common ground.
    I planned to advise you that DA Bearce Still Suck, but unfortunately, they didn't get the memo.

I can't really say good luck tonight and mean it, so I'll say let's all hope no one gets injured.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"dfosterf" wrote:
    I was going to file a report on something that we could agree upon, attempting to find a little bit of common ground.
    I planned to advise you that DA Bearce Still Suck, but unfortunately, they didn't get the memo.

I can't really say good luck tonight and mean it, so I'll say let's all hope no one gets injured.

Here's to a well fought game with no injuries.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

The Bears are healthy and looked pretty good. Can't say the same for Indy, but I don't pin the blame on Manning.
    The Bears will play us tough every game every year.
    We can run on their defense so I'm not concerned about the Bears unless we suffer key injuries.
    It was impressive how the defensive coordinator schemed with the linebackers to take advantage of Saturdays absense.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast