Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Did Boomer mean it the way he said it..?

On the postgame show following the Colts-Pats game, things appeared to get testy between Boomer Esiason and Dan Marino. Esiason began stirring the pot saying Peyton Manning should not be solely blamed for the embarrassing loss.

"It takes the whole team. And I think maybe Peyton is this generation's Dan Marino," Esiason said with conviction. Marino gave a half-hearted chuckle in response before Esiason continued.

"... (Manning) is a great football player, but he's not going to get to the Super Bowl," Esiason said. "I'm telling you, not with that defense."

Marino quickly shot back: "Oh, wait a minute. I got to a Super Bowl." As Esiason tried clarifying his remarks, the normally unflappable Marino had a pretty serious stare on his face.

Yep, if looks could kill ...
    If he did then I wish this guy would shut up once and for all. Marino is going into the Hall Of Fame, and well, Boomer, you ain't, don't be sore 'cause you were and still are a loser.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/272281p-233153c.html

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I wish I would have seen that.

That was cold, right there in front of Marino, WOW!

That would have been great to see Marino get up and clock him one.

Boomer is a bit too cocky, he needs someone to slap him upside the head.

Mr. O is offline Starter

What Marino should have said was ... "not only did I get to the Super Bowl, at least I threw a TD pass when I got there ... how about you Boomer, did your offense even score a touchdown in the Super Bowl?"
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I saw it too. Boomer seems to remember himself a whole lot mightier than he really was.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

It appears as though Boomer took a few too many shots to the head when he was still on the field.

Boomer is a legend in his own mind.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

"Mr. O" wrote:
    What Marino should have said was ... "not only did I get to the Super Bowl, at least I threw a TD pass when I got there ... how about you Boomer, did your offense even score a touchdown in the Super Bowl?"
    Yeah, there is probably no reason that Dan would have to get physical, just retort the stats like you are talking about and Boomer would have to shut up.

Boomer let one slip, he should actually think a bit before speaking.

Just goes to show he doesn't think before speaking on all of his commentary.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

The thought of Montana delivering that game winning drive must still be giving him nightmares. He almost makes Collingsworth seem likeable.

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    The thought of Montana delivering that game winning drive must still be giving him nightmares. He almost makes Collingsworth seem likeable.
    Actually I have been hard on Collinsworth but he is likeable when he isn't talking about the Vikes. I wish Carter would slap some sense into him on occassion.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I thought it was pretty ballsy to say with Marino sitting at the same desk!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I can't believe you guys are bashing Boomer. By saying that Boomer was comparing the greatness of Marino and Manning.

He meant that Marino should have won a superbowl, but he never had the team to do it. Same with Manning.

He never won a superbowl either, and he didn't compare Manning to himself, because he knows he wasn't the HOF caliber QB that Marino or Manning was/is. By not mentioning himself, he's actually acknowledging that he wasn't a QB who should have won a SB.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast