singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Detroit running back Jones downgraded to questionable

[size=18px]Detroit running back Jones downgraded to questionable[/size]

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
    Last update: December 2, 2005 at 9:51 PM

Detroit running back Kevin Jones might not play Sunday against the Vikings because of a strained thigh that tightened up Friday and forced him to sit out practice. The Lions downgraded Jones to questionable on their injury report.

"At the very best, he is a game-time decision," interim coach Dick Jauron told Detroit reporters Friday.

New Lions offensive coordinator Greg Olson said Thursday he hoped to get Jones the ball 20-30 times per game. But Jones told the Detroit Free Press earlier in the week that the injury might force him to sit.

Jones, the Lions' leading rusher with 523 yards this season, would be replaced by a rotation of Shawn Bryson and Artose Pinner.

Double inactives

It is possible that both players acquired in the Randy Moss trade will be inactive against the Lions. Tice said the Vikings "probably" will deactivate one of his five receivers for Sunday's game, and rookie receiver Troy Williamson is the most likely candidate.

Meanwhile, it appears the Vikings will use Raonall Smith as one of their two nickel linebackers alongside Dontarrious Thomas. If they follow through on that plan, Smith would replace linebacker Napoleon Harris, who earlier this year lost his starting job to Keith Newman. Harris would not have a role if Smith moves ahead of him in the nickel.

Etc.

• Receivers coach Wes Chandler left practice early Friday to undergo further tests for abdominal pain. Tice said Chandler "is in a lot of pain."

• The NFL fined defensive end Lance Johnstone $5,000 for unnecessarily striking Browns quarterback Trent Dilfer after he threw a pass during the fourth quarter Sunday.

• Vikings kicker Paul Edinger sat out practice Friday to rest his sore right foot.

• Defensive lineman Spencer Johnson (sprained knee) is expected to play Sunday.

• Tight end Jim Kleinsasser served as the honorary chair Friday night for Make-a-Wish Stories of Light at the Mall of America.

Staff Writer Judd Zulgad contributed to this report.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Detroit running back Jones downgraded to questionable

I bet he is too scared after Newman blasted his ass; probably faking it!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I bet he is too scared after Newman blasted his jiggly butt; probably faking it!
    LMFAO! Good one Ultra. I'd bet your 100% right. But then again, when aren't you?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Lions are in trouble....I don't care about how much they're gonna rally, the Vikes are gonna clean house and kick thier jiggly butts out of Ford Field back to 8Mile!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

That'll just make the game easier for us if Jones doesn't run for them. I'm hoping the Vikings aren't over looking the Lions for our opponent next week. We better not come out flat and give the Lions life at the open or we'll be in for a nail biter.

Thanks Josdin

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

I saw someone blow him away and light him up the same way the following week.The man just cant block.Kinda wierd considering what a strong runner he is.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?