cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Detroit negotiating with Jimmy Johnson???

Excerpt from profootballtalk.com article:

An interesting side note to our scoop from Monday regarding the decision of the Texans to hire former Broncos, Giants, and Falcons coach Dan Reeves as a "consultant" is that the tip came from the same person who recently told us that Texans owner Bob McNair made a job offer last week to Jimmy Johnson, who refused it...

...The fact that the source knew what was up on the Reeves thing gives even more credibility to the Johnson info...

...as for Johnson, the same source who told us about Reeves also tipped us off as to rumors that Johnson is flirting with the Fords regarding a job with the Lions -- and that if Jimmy is hired the "Fire Millen" crowd will get their wish.

I guarantee you that if Jimmy Johnson is even CONSIDERING coaching a team in the northern part of the country, Wilf had BETTER put a more tempting offer on the table than the Fords do. :evil:

Johnson is WAY TOO GOOD to pass up taking a shot at...no matter how deep into the playoffs Tice takes us.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Re: Detroit negotiating with Jimmy Johnson???

Didn't he fizzle with the Dolphins? I just don't think him, Ditka or Reeves have what it takes these days. He was in a situation in Dallas with draft picks, FA and the cap that helped win the SB. I can't see how he'd be attracted to a team with no quarterbacks and a bunch of other gutless losers like the Lions, or if Wilf knows what he'll do with Tice.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    Didn't he fizzle with the Dolphins? I just don't think him, Ditka or Reeves have what it takes these days. He was in a situation in Dallas with draft picks, FA and the cap that helped win the SB. I can't see how he'd be attracted to a team with no quarterbacks and a bunch of other gutless losers like the Lions, or if Wilf knows what he'll do with Tice.

With the Fins he tried to be GM/HC and that hardly ever works out, you have to have somebody separate from the H/C that has a say in player personal! If he would come here just as a H/C I would say yes, if he wants total control then I say no!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

CynicalVike is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Excerpt from profootballtalk.com article:

...as for Johnson, the same source who told us about Reeves also tipped us off as to rumors that Johnson is flirting with the Fords regarding a job with the Lions -- and that if Jimmy is hired the "Fire Millen" crowd will get their wish.

:evil:

Johnson is WAY TOO GOOD to pass up taking a shot at...no matter how deep into the playoffs Tice takes us.
    Where does the article say that Johnson is being considered for the HC position? They might be looking at him to come in as GM and let him hire his own HC to turn things around.
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I hope he does go there, then we can own that bastage also.

He needs to thank us for the Super Bowl wins!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Bottom line is I want us to win some Super Bowls!!! Whatever it takes for us to get them, I am on board!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE