Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Despite sizable profit, Packers' financial concerns linger

[size=10pt]Packers turn $21.4 million profit, but concerns linger[/size]
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808f3eec&template=with-video&confirm=true

After a 13-3 regular season, two home playoff games and a final bow from Brett Favre, the Green Bay Packers figured to have a pretty good year from a financial perspective.

Lambeau Stadium continues to be a strong revenue source for the Green Bay Packers.

And they did -- but it wasn't the moneymaking blockbuster some might have expected, a development that reinforced Packers executives' long-term concerns about the financial health of the NFL.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Despite sizable profit, Packers' financial concerns linger

You should change the title of this thread to the Packers will fold ;D

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I just heard they might move the Packers to LA

:P

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

I guess when you have had one player in the last 15 years worthy of buying a jersey for, its hard to make revenue. Everyone buys one favre jersey and thats all the stuff they did
    We're bringing purple back.

Blog Entries

"gregair13" wrote:
    I guess when you have had one player in the last 15 years worthy of buying a jersey for, its hard to make revenue. Everyone buys one favre jersey and thats all the stuff they did
    Oh that is so not true.

One thing you have to give the Packers fans credit for is that they will buy anything that has any Packer name or logo on. They far exceed what the Vikings sell in merchandise and if I remember right, the only team that might sell more would be the Cowturds.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm not really sure where all this money disappears to, but from living all over the country I can say I've seen more GB apparel than any other team. I used to joke around that if a person was to dumb to root for his local team (usually because their lack of map-reading skills) they would just root for the Packers.

A lot of guys I went to college with in Cleveland became GB fans when the Browns were moved to Baltimore...

So I ask you, for a team with so much national attention, solid record, and high attendance... where is this money going?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    I'm not really sure where all this money disappears to, but from living all over the country I can say I've seen more GB apparel than any other team. I used to joke around that if a person was to dumb to root for his local team (usually because their lack of map-reading skills) they would just root for the Packers.

A lot of guys I went to college with in Cleveland became GB fans when the Browns were moved to Baltimore...

So I ask you, for a team with so much national attention, solid record, and high attendance... where is this money going?
    IMHO it is going to be more and more difficult for small market teams to generate enough revenue to survive and compete with the bigger markets. Now that the Redskins and Pats have their new stadiums and the Cowboys and NY teams are getting theirs, I don't see how teams like ours, even with a new stadium, are going to generate the money to stay competitive.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:

They don't have a guy like Bryzcheapski running the checkbook.
    ;D

JK, seriously though, as the purse strings tighten for some teams, guys like Bryz will be a hot commodity and the teams that have guys like Bryz need to lock them up with nice contracts..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Creative accounting to help support the opt out of the CBA.. which locally the Packers are catching a little heat for, basically fans think if we hit an uncapped year the Packers will be at a disadvantage.. which isn't completely the case. Yes we don't have a deep pockets owner than can front signing bonus money.. but as a whole, it really won't impact us that much for a year a two.. long term, heck yes.

The creative accounting rub.. we pre-paid around 15 million dollars in advanced salaries that really should be on the books as an asset and not in terms of a one year expense. Did we pay the cash out, yes, but it now is a asset on the books until the contract terms are up. Looking at the statement that we get as share holders.. I can't see those dollars being accounted for in any terms.

PR at work moreso than reality, IMHO.