Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Despite 0-2 starts, don't count 'em out

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    2 one score games lost to 2 teams that both had 13-3 records and made
    the conferance championships a year ago, definetly not over yet. Although the schedule doesn't get much easier.
    I'm tired of fans and the team settling for mediocrity every year... this post only strengthens my feelings.

It's called a 'Losing Mentality'... and as Vikings fans, we're groomed into thinking this way.

"We lost because the other teams were good... we're not too bad... If this had happened... If that had happened"

Same stuff, year after year.
    Did you think the Vikings would go 16-0? 15-1? That's called a "coo coo" mentality.
    I thought the Vikings would win each of the first 2 games, I think they will win against the Panthers. But even if they don't I am not going to panic because I know that every team in the NFL loses games. After 16 games the good teams have won more than they lost, and I think that will include the vikings.
    God Willing.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    the conferance championships a year ago, definetly not over yet. Although the schedule doesn't get much easier.
    I'm tired of fans and the team settling for mediocrity every year... this post only strengthens my feelings.

It's called a 'Losing Mentality'... and as Vikings fans, we're groomed into thinking this way.

"We lost because the other teams were good... we're not too bad... If this had happened... If that had happened"

Did you think the Vikings would go 16-0? 15-1? That's called a "coo coo" mentality.
    I thought the Vikings would win each of the first 2 games, I think they will win against the Panthers. But even if they don't I am not going to panic because I know that every team in the NFL loses games. After 16 games the good teams have won more than they lost, and I think that will include the vikings.
    yah but at the same time the vikes just lost 2 very winnable games because of stupid mistakes, and the inability to throw the football..i guess when it comes down to the end of the season, and we miss the playoffs by a game or two, we can all look back at these first two games and say "well thats okay because those teams were too good for us to beat anyways"..we lost that green bay game because we couldnt throw the football, and we just totally blew it in every aspect against a colts team playing with practice squad players on their o-line and a severely banged up peyton manning..good football teams dont have those problems, plain and simple

if this team lives up to expectations and makes the playoffs, who do you think were going to play against? the dolphins? the lions? or is it teams like the packers and colts?..god forbid we have to play the cowboys and everybody just sits around predicting we lose by 50
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

You're right... I'll start expecting to lose. Better than being (as you put it) "Coo coo".
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

You're right... I'll start expecting to lose. Better than being (as you put it) "Coo coo".
    im with you on this one cmac..everybody is expecting this team to make the playoffs, but when we lose to likely playoff teams, some people are content with it despite how easily winnable both games were..hilarious lol

how on earth do some people expect the vikings to be relevant in this league if they dont expect them to beat the relevant teams?..somebody please explain this

this team isnt down and out by any means, but theyve got a whole lotta problems to iron out if they really want to meet the standards the fans have set for them, and the standards theyve set for themselves
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Good, every fan should expect there team to lose games, it's the nature of games. I can't believe it took this long for you to figure that out. Every team will lose games, I guarantee it.
    Do you think Giants fans were having this same debate this time last year? I mean they opened up the season with a loss to division rival Cowboys, in Dallas. Then they lost to the Packers in their home opener. I bet many of there fickle fans said bench Manning, fire the coach etc. But the Giants bounced back and won 6 straight.
    Your accusing me of expecting to lose, when in fact I expect to win the majority of games this season. I just don't overreact to the losses.

Mjölnir is offline Rookie

I'm not giving up on the team. I'm a supporter, so I support. And I want my team to win, and eventually march to a Superbowl win. I may post criticisms, but ultimately I'd rather see purple in the playoffs and Vikings holding the Lombardi than the team going downhill.

As an aside, I've only been supporting the Vikes for a few seasons. I've only ever known the reign of Childress... This fact means two things:

• [li]a) I'm definitely not a fair-weather fan... I could have jumped ship as soon as soon as I saw the moustachioed wonder at work with little stigma, but I've stuck around.
      b) It's going to be so satisfying when this team finally clicks (which it will) and starts moving places. I'll have had the fan's equivalent of a baptism of fire, and survived.[/li]

;D
    • [li][/li]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Stay optimistic boys

"V4L" wrote:
    Stay optimistic boys

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Good, every fan should expect there team to lose games, it's the nature of games. I can't believe it took this long for you to figure that out. Every team will lose games, I guarantee it.
    Do you think Giants fans were having this same debate this time last year? I mean they opened up the season with a loss to division rival Cowboys, in Dallas. Then they lost to the Packers in their home opener. I bet many of there fickle fans said bench Manning, fire the coach etc. But the Giants bounced back and won 6 straight.
    Your accusing me of expecting to lose, when in fact I expect to win the majority of games this season. I just don't overreact to the losses.
    I disagree...

In the words of Herm Edwards: You Play the Game to Win...

It's why they play it... it's why I watch it... it's why I expect it.

I take losing poorly... and I look down on those who expect to lose.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    .....yah but at the same time the vikes just lost 2 very winnable games because of stupid mistakes, and the inability to throw the football..i guess when it comes down to the end of the season, and we miss the playoffs by a game or two, we can all look back at these first two games and say "well thats okay because those teams were too good for us to beat anyways"..we lost that green bay game because we couldnt throw the football, and we just totally blew it in every aspect against a colts team playing with practice squad players on their o-line and a severely banged up peyton manning..good football teams dont have those problems, plain and simple

if this team lives up to expectations and makes the playoffs, who do you think were going to play against? the dolphins? the lions? or is it teams like the packers and colts?..god forbid we have to play the cowboys and everybody just sits around predicting we lose by 50
    It is the team that has it come together at the end of the season that is dangerous.
    You only have to look back to last year when the Jints started off at 0-2 and were pounded on by the Packers and the Cowboys during the regular season, but pounded their faces in on their own turf in the playoffs.
    The Vikings smashed them into the ground in Wk 12 to the tune of 41-17.
    The Jints brought home the Lombardi that year.
    If you look at the history of damn near every year it is the team that is peaking going into the playoffs.
    Ignore the media, use your brain, and life is easier.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast