Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Jets:

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Desperate Jets:

My buddy down here in tampa just called me. Its reported down here that the Bucs have Traded Chris Simms (IMO is thee worst qb ive ever seen) to the jets for the jets first rounder!! Now my question is...why would the jets do that?
    I think herm is desperate right now, real desperate to save his job and his a$$. Becuase even with Simms, who honestly thinks the jets could go deep into the playoffs with simms at the helm? The guy sucks! black and white. This means the bucs will get a good draft pic next year...2 at that. Jets are gettin more desperate every day.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Del Rio Guest

Re: Desperate Jets:

I think someone on here was so mad that the Jets snagged up Nugent that they jumped Pennington and hurt his arm lol!

Jets suck. That's why people like em.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Granted it isn't the NYG, but it is NY. The name Simms is synonymous with NY football. NYJ probably like that idea.

The problem for the Jets is next years salary cap. They are like 22 mill over the cap for next year. I think they were making a run for the SB this year and it has hit a road block.

Unless Simms is familiar with the terms of the Offense, I don't see him being a better option than TesticleVerde.

Feidler is suppose to be back in about 3 weeks??????

Is this true about Simms, any print on the subject or is this just a rumor.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Wow, they gave up a first rounder for Chris Simms!!? That was stupid, good move for the Bucs though!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

[size=18px]Got to see this intro to their site.[/size]

It is humorous.

http://www.buccaneers.com/intro.aspx

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Simms was one of the most hated players in UT history (see OU games). He has the tools, but has scrambled eggs for brains. Couldn't read college defenses, doubt he will be able to read NFL schemes. Throws a pretty ball though.

Agreed, bad decison for Jets giving away a first rounder if this rumor is solid.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Wow, they gave up a first rounder for Chris Simms!!? That was stupid, good move for the Bucs though!!
    If Griese gets hurt, they are done. Luke McCown, he is the second best McCown brother in the league and the first isn't doing well in AZ.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

ya this is true, it was on the bucs radio show in the morning today, my best friend is a bucs friend and he called outta the blue to let me know cuz he knows how much I hate Chris Simms....so much!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    ya this is true, it was on the bucs radio show in the morning today, my best friend is a bucs friend and he called outta the blue to let me know cuz he knows how much I hate Chris Simms....so much!
    I checked both team sites and the bottom line on espnews and I haven't seen any mention of it yet.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The Vikes should trade Brad Johnson and Cory Withrow to the Jets for Kevin Mawae (jets center, been in the league for about 11 years, old but he is a good center) Testaverde (we would need a backup, just pray C-Pep stays healthy) there 1st & 3rd round picks in next years draft!

Gives us a good center to help our line, gets rid of Withrow. And it gives us an extra 1st and 3rd round pick, Maybe the jets finish so bad that we can pickup Maroney in the draft.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast