Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ranger is offline Coach

Re: Derrick Mason may leave Baltimore

"Garland" wrote:
    Don't get me wrong I think that Mason has had a solid career, But 35 year old WR? Yes he would be a great leader in the locker room, but how much does he have left?
    Should we go after him? Maybe, but only if there was no chance to get a guy like Holt, which seems like a possibility that he may be available and even though he is 32 has more long term potential on the team. Not opposed to getting him, but I think there may be better options available as well that should be and could be looked at first.
    Oh, I'm with you.
    Holt is a lot closer to his prime than Mason might be, and would be the best available (?) option.
    However, Mason is one helluva consolation prize, in my opinion.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Ranger" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Don't get me wrong I think that Mason has had a solid career, But 35 year old WR? Yes he would be a great leader in the locker room, but how much does he have left?
    Should we go after him? Maybe, but only if there was no chance to get a guy like Holt, which seems like a possibility that he may be available and even though he is 32 has more long term potential on the team. Not opposed to getting him, but I think there may be better options available as well that should be and could be looked at first.
    Oh, I'm with you.
    Holt is a lot closer to his prime than Mason might be, and would be the best available (?) option.
    yeah, but i think he'd be the idea #2 next to BB... atleast until Rice/AA/Jaymar/Reynauld or some rook get their shit together long enough to develop behind him.. he has about 1-3 years left in him.. IMO!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    And Holt is readily available to us?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I know age makes a difference in the NFL.
    However, Mason is still a solid WR.
    It was two months ago he was hauling in passes and being productive.
    He still has time left to be productive.
    Mason would be a great pick-up but I think everyone is jumping the gun right now.
    He is still with Baltimore.

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    I think both these guys have too much tread on the tires a may be getting kind of brittle.
    Although I have thought that about them for a while now in terms of Fantasy Football and have been burnt over and over for laughing at the so called "doofus" who drafted them. ??? : :-

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    If he does not get traded, which I doubt since he will likely be released like has been said on multiple occasions.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Oh, I'm with you.
    yeah, but i think he'd be the idea #2 next to BB... atleast until Rice/AA/Jaymar/Reynauld or some rook get their shit together long enough to develop behind him.. he has about 1-3 years left in him.. IMO!
    Yeah definatly a #2 as he is more of a possesion WR,
    Which is exactly what whoever will be our QB needs. Not to turn this into another Tjack thread,AND IT SHOULDN'T GET TURNED INTO ONE EITHER but if we are stuck with him at QB he needs a a WR to stretch the field like Berrian does and a solid Veteran possesion WR Like a Mason/Holt type to have any chance of success. Plus having a guy like Wade in the slot as a 3rd option and if Rice has a turn around year and can be that Redzone threat.
    I am not opposed to having him here but I think that there are some other options to pursue first.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Garland" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Oh, I'm with you.
    yeah, but i think he'd be the idea #2 next to BB... atleast until Rice/AA/Jaymar/Reynauld or some rook get their pooh together long enough to develop behind him.. he has about 1-3 years left in him.. IMO!
    Yeah definatly a #2 as he is more of a possesion WR,
    Which is exactly what whoever will be our QB needs. Not to turn this into another Tjack thread,AND IT SHOULDN'T GET TURNED INTO ONE EITHER but if we are stuck with him at QB he needs a a WR to stretch the field like Berrian does and a solid Veteran possesion WR Like a Mason/Holt type to have any chance of success. Plus having a guy like Wade in the slot as a 3rd option and if Rice has a turn around year and can be that Redzone threat.
    I am not opposed to having him here but I think that there are some other options to pursue first.
    I know we have issues on the Right side and at center.. but either we get a QB or at worst a receiver on the other side and that will go along way to solving alot of our problems, esp. with Shank and Taylor/AD in the backfield..

I also think AD is more effective when he and taylor split carries 60/40.... he seems to have more pop when they are switching it up with both of those guys and keeping them fresh...

I'm not a fan of giving it to AD 30x a game... he'll get 1, 2, 5, 3, 6, -1, and then 30.... you can't run an effective consistent offense with that kind of production!!...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Doubtful that we would even have a chance to acquire him.

But it doesn't appear the Ravens would consider releasing their No. 1 receiver...

"Derrick Mason is a member of the Baltimore Ravens at this point, and we really anticipate that he will be a member of the Baltimore Ravens when the season starts," Newsome said.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Doubtful that we would even have a chance to acquire him.

But it doesn't appear the Ravens would consider releasing their No. 1 receiver...

"Derrick Mason is a member of the Baltimore Ravens at this point, and we really anticipate that he will be a member of the Baltimore Ravens when the season starts," Newsome said.
    I think Childress said the same thing about Ferrotte...

And Birk...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast