Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Johnson

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Derrick Johnson

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    It is a little confusing according to the article. The article says that 26 teams passed on DJ but he was taken 15th overall. Three spots before Erasmus James.

I think that we made a definite commitment to replacing Moss and building the D-line. It would be nice if the LB was something we really really neaded.

They say everything starts up front on D and I think we would have probably passed on DJ at 18 if he still was available. Just a guess.
    WELCOME BACK!!!!

You must be kinda rusty, snow...the 26 teams thing referred to when Dan Marino was drafted, not DJ...you get a pass though, since you haven't been around for a little while! :lol:
    I never was any good at reading directions. And yes I am a little tired, still have some jet lag going on. Haven't had a good nights sleep since I got back 9 days ago.

What confused me was the when Michaelmazid said we couldn't give up 2 picks for DJ. We could have taken him with the T-Will pick without giving up anything for him. That is when I went back and only read the first sentence of the article. My Bad!

We get rid of a WR and get a draft pick and a LB for him. Why would anyone in the front office want to have to explain why we would would have taken DJ at no. 7 overall. We couldn't have taken DJ.

V-Unit, I was all for taking a O-lineman sometime in the 2nd or 3rd round but apparently that was not on our list of needs for this season. I hope our line does well. It will probably be a top need for us in next years draft????depending on how the O line plays this year.

Fat Pat is not an everydown guy, he is too Fat. HA HA

I am looking forward to seeing the D play this year. Go Vikes!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    We get rid of a WR and get a draft pick and a LB for him. Why would anyone in the front office want to have to explain why we would would have taken DJ at no. 7 overall. We couldn't have taken DJ.

V-Unit, I was all for taking a O-lineman sometime in the 2nd or 3rd round but apparently that was not on our list of needs for this season. I hope our line does well. It will probably be a top need for us in next years draft????depending on how the O line plays this year.

We did pick an O-lineman in the 2nd round this year, marcus johnson.

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

We did pick an O-lineman in the 2nd round this year, marcus johnson.
    Man I should just shut up for today. I am rusty. I quit. I will be back when I have more time to get myself in shape. I am winded. Sorry I couldn't perform today guys. Back to the training wheels.

Bye-Bye for now.

I will be back when I can bring my A game.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I agree that 7 was way too high for DJ. I think that we played our cards right in the draft. We did everything we could to get the best "hand" possible. I'm just kind of sad our cards didn't inlcude DJ because he would have looked special in purple.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

well with all the questions at LB....LOLB...i wonder why we didnt take a chance with him...i mean i kno our guys our young and all....but he has undeniable talent...o well....EJ will get rookie of the year not DJ...lol

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikings Fan At MSU is offline Training Camp

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    well with all the questions at LB....LOLB...i wonder why we didnt take a chance with him...i mean i kno our guys our young and all....but he has undeniable talent...o well....EJ will get rookie of the year not DJ...lol
    This is EJ's third year......hes not a rookie
    Make Derrick Johnson the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL Draft

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I think Johnson needs to prove something in the regular season before we should think it was bad not to pick him and when he said EJ would win he meant Erasamus James.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ya i ment Erasamus James will get ROokie of the year....

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I think that Derrick Johnson did nothing Friday and that Erasmus was the bomb. He looks like the real deal! Granted it was against ther second and third teams for KC, but he looks like a player maker and is very explosive off the line.

Rookie of the year Erasmus James!!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast