Thread: Derek Ross

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Derek Ross

Derek Ross was released today from the Saints, the reason i dont know he was drafted out of ohio state in the third round by the cowboys and posted some solid #'s 67 tackles and 5 INT's, i guess he was realesed by the cowboys for some kind of conflicts not showing up for a meeting anyways Parcells didnt put up with it and cut him, the falcons picked him up and he didn't have such a good year, they got rid of him and the Saints pick him up well they have realesed him.

I know that his scouting reports say he is an exelant cover man, good in press coverage and a decent tackler, I dont know if he has some character issues or what it seems we have enough of them. I'm sure the vikes will take a look at him beins Brian Williams "god forbid" is hurt for longer then expected.

Its prolly not to late for him to come in and play right away its not as hard for a CB to come in and pick stuff up right away rather than a LB or Safety.

So what do u guys think is it a do or dont?

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Derek Ross

give him a shot

if not cut him they wont lose money
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Derek Ross

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Derek Ross was released today from the Saints, the reason i dont know he was drafted out of ohio state in the third round by the cowboys and posted some solid #'s 67 tackles and 5 INT's, i guess he was realesed by the cowboys for some kind of conflicts not showing up for a meeting anyways Parcells didnt put up with it and cut him, the falcons picked him up and he didn't have such a good year, they got rid of him and the Saints pick him up well they have realesed him.

I know that his scouting reports say he is an exelant cover man, good in press coverage and a decent tackler, I dont know if he has some character issues or what it seems we have enough of them. I'm sure the vikes will take a look at him beins Brian Williams "god forbid" is hurt for longer then expected.

Its prolly not to late for him to come in and play right away its not as hard for a CB to come in and pick stuff up right away rather than a LB or Safety.

So what do u guys think is it a do or dont?

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw he was released. Sooner or later, we are gonna have to sign another decent CB, so why not try him out. He certainly has the talent.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Derek Ross

Well i was really intreaged about him but did some research this morning and found out he has some serious character issues, he was supposed to show up to Saints camp and he didnt show up on the plain after Hasslett told him there is a strict disipline there in New Orleans, fact is he didnt show up for camp in time and got cut, sounds like a basket case, to bad. I also noticed he has gang tatoos on his neck i think hes a thug lol, and hes not disiplined at all not a good fit at this point with all the problems we have had lately.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Derek Ross

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Well i was really intreaged about him but did some research this morning and found out he has some serious character issues, he was supposed to show up to Saints camp and he didnt show up on the plain after Hasslett told him there is a strict disipline there in New Orleans, fact is he didnt show up for camp in time and got cut, sounds like a basket case, to bad. I also noticed he has gang tatoos on his neck i think hes a thug lol, and hes not disiplined at all not a good fit at this point with all the problems we have had lately.

Thats too bad, because he had a lot of talent. Wish God would have given someone like me that kind of talent, where it wouldn't be wasted.