Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Denver Looking to Move Some Running Backs?

The Denver Post reports that the Broncos are trying to move some of their running backs, which makes sense after the team picked up a new roster full of backs in free agency.

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/0...running-backs/

I hope it isn't to make room for a certain RB on a certain team that needs a QB and might want to trade said RB to a certain team who is trying to trade said QB.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Re: Denver Looking to Move Some Running Backs?

No Fockin Way!!!
    You don't trade away a hard working, team first, good guy for somebody who may be pushing buttons already...And has shown a tendency to wilt in the big games at the worst possible moment!!!
    I can't believe you'd even stir that pot!!???

The only way AP leaves our team is if its a Herschel Walker type turn around!!
    We would need to get Cutler, Royal, Selvin Young, Champ Bailey AND a handful of draft picks...plus more picks if any of the vets we got didn't make the team next year!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"mountainviking" wrote:
    No Fockin Way!!!
    You don't trade away a hard working, team first, good guy for somebody who may be pushing buttons already...And has shown a tendency to wilt in the big games at the worst possible moment!!!

We would need to get Cutler, Royal, Selvin Young, Champ Bailey AND a handful of draft picks...plus more picks if any of the vets we got didn't make the team next year!
    I wasn't aluding to AD my friend.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    No Fockin Way!!!

I wasn't aluding to AD My Sexy Little Pixie.....
    Way to stir the pot Marr
    ;D

I thought he was talking about CT until his second paragraph and thought he was a bit overboard, but I have had similar discussion on this board with the outrageous idea of trading CT, so wasn't sure.

Rest assured, AD isn't going anywhere.

Good.
    I couldn't imagine!!
    So, WTF are you talking about?
    Oh!
    You're thinking Chester?
    I'm still not sure that's a move I'd make...but if you don't mind, I'm going to rant about Denver for a minute...

As far as I can tell, DEN has done nearly exactly the opposite of what I thought they needed to do.
    They ended the year No.2 in total offense in the league, No.3 in the passing game, and No.12 rushing...with 7 RBs on IR!!
    On the other hand, they were 29th in total yards allowed, better than only 3 teams.
    26 vs. pass and 27 vs. the run!

Seems to me, you hire a defensive Head Coach, and immediately sign one of your old Offensive assisstants to take over and keep what works working!
    Instead, they went with the young, unproven, McDaniels (NE OCoord) but, at least brought in Nolan for the defense, who has had a history of pretty good defenses.

Personel wise, they rewrote the secondary...champ is the only returning starter there.
    They also added a bunch of 2nd string DTs and a LB.
    Good to see something done on Defense.
    What I don't get is the new regime's fascination with RBs...they signed 3 or 4 RBs to add to their 7 injured guys, most of which were doing pretty well in the old system.
    I would have thought they were set at RB before FA, now they've added 3 guys and appear to still be looking at spending an early pick there too (shown interest in Knowshawn Moreno and Wells).
    Obviously, they're moving toward a run first mentality, but if that's the case, I would think they'd almost have to spend most of their picks on getting the personell to run the 3-4 defense they're supposed to be installing.
    Basically, its starting to look like a total rebuild when they already had the 2nd best offense in the league!
    ???

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    No Fockin Way!!!

I wasn't aluding to AD My Sexy Little Pixie.....
    Way to stir the pot Marr
    ;D

I thought he was talking about CT until his second paragraph and thought he was a bit overboard, but I have had similar discussion on this board with the outrageous idea of trading CT, so wasn't sure.

Rest assured, AD isn't going anywhere.

LOL, Honestly, I didn't think anyone would think I meant AD......

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Good.
    I couldn't imagine!!
    So, WTF are you talking about?
    Oh!
    You're thinking Chester?
    I'm still not sure that's a move I'd make...but if you don't mind, I'm going to rant about Denver for a minute...

As far as I can tell, DEN has done nearly exactly the opposite of what I thought they needed to do.
    They ended the year No.2 in total offense in the league, No.3 in the passing game, and No.12 rushing...with 7 RBs on IR!!
    On the other hand, they were 29th in total yards allowed, better than only 3 teams.
    26 vs. pass and 27 vs. the run!

Seems to me, you hire a defensive Head Coach, and immediately sign one of your old Offensive assisstants to take over and keep what works working!
    Instead, they went with the young, unproven, McDaniels (NE OCoord) but, at least brought in Nolan for the defense, who has had a history of pretty good defenses.

Personel wise, they rewrote the secondary...champ is the only returning starter there.
    They also added a bunch of 2nd string DTs and a LB.
    Good to see something done on Defense.
    What I don't get is the new regime's fascination with RBs...they signed 3 or 4 RBs to add to their 7 injured guys, most of which were doing pretty well in the old system.
    I would have thought they were set at RB before FA, now they've added 3 guys and appear to still be looking at spending an early pick there too (shown interest in Knowshawn Moreno and Wells).
    Obviously, they're moving toward a run first mentality, but if that's the case, I would think they'd almost have to spend most of their picks on getting the personell to run the 3-4 defense they're supposed to be installing.
    Basically, its starting to look like a total rebuild when they already had the 2nd best offense in the league!
    ???
    Go figure huh?
    A new HC would want to come in and change things regardless of what the team did before.... :

Sorry.
    Only half awake...need more coffee!

I don't see DEN having much luck trading away RBs, cuz, its obvious they can't keep them all.
    Eventually, several of those guys will be FAs.
    I don't really see a lot of teams jumping for Cutler either...They'll want a bunch for him, he's been a bit of a problem, and many teams are flat out happy with the QB(s) they have.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I don't blame them for picking up 3 pretty good backs

Selvin young is the only other one I would keep that they had before

So roll with those 4

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    I don't blame them for picking up 3 pretty good backs

Selvin young is the only other one I would keep that they had before

So roll with those 4
    But any back could be made to look good in that offense they had there.
    Hell, they had a fullback rush for almost 700 yards as a rookie from the tailback spot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast