Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Defenders who belong in the NFL Hall of Fame (CHFF.com article)

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Chris Doleman, Jim Marshall, John Randall.

3 should be sure-thing hall of famers.
    Good Lord - isn't it possible to have a discussion on this website where we DON'T have to point out how it affects our favorite franchise?

What about the Atwater hit?
    Wasn't that awesomely great?

=Z=
    It was awesome, and Atwater was a great player. But was he better at his position than Marshall, Doleman, and Randle were?(and thank you for not correcting my John "Randall" spelling, all the McDaniel talk gots my brains confusded)

Jim Marshall, the NFL's true ironman, member of the greatest front 4 in football history.
    John Randle, #6 on the All-time sack list, the only DT in the top 25, 7 time pro-bowler, 6 time 1st team all-pro selection.
    Chris Doleman, 8 time pro-bowler, multiple all-pro teams, #4 on the All-time sacks list.

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that, if they played for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, or Green Bay Packers they would be in the hall? I bet my left nut they would be. And I'm sure every one here feels the same way. Same goes for Carter, but this thread's about defenders.

Now don't get me wrong, Atwater totally deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame, and there are lots of defenders who belong, but not one on that list linked to deserves a spot more than our three boys.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Good Lord - isn't it possible to have a discussion on this website where we DON'T have to point out how it affects our favorite franchise?

=Z=
    It was awesome, and Atwater was a great player. But was he better at his position than Marshall, Doleman, and Randle were?(and thank you for not correcting my John "Randall" spelling, all the McDaniel talk gots my brains confusded)

Jim Marshall, the NFL's true ironman, member of the greatest front 4 in football history.
    John Randle, #6 on the All-time sack list, the only DT in the top 25, 7 time pro-bowler, 6 time 1st team all-pro selection.
    Chris Doleman, 8 time pro-bowler, multiple all-pro teams, #4 on the All-time sacks list.

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that, if they played for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, or Green Bay Packers they would be in the hall? I bet my left nut they would be. And I'm sure every one here feels the same way. Same goes for Carter, but this thread's about defenders.

Now don't get me wrong, Atwater totally deserves a spot in the Hall of Fame, and there are lots of defenders who belong, but not one on that list linked to deserves a spot more than our three boys.

LOL, you corrected your own spelling mistake.

Atwater was a great safety, and that was an awesome hit on a pretty good runner. But I can't believe he did not mention even one of these 3 Vikings players.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

=Z=
    Joey Browner would have knocked Atwater out. Nothing special there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12