Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: DeAngelo Hall being shopped around

"skum" wrote:
    Hall is a good player, i just dont know wheather or not he is a good fit for this defense, also i like Cedric and Winfield at the corner positions, when the defensive end help comes you will start to see what the secondary can do.

Pick up Ken Hamlin or draft Phillips in the first round, that would be a better solution to our problems.
    that i agree with, but i still dont think griffin is starting caliber right now..im not saying we should go get hall, we should just get somebody that doesnt get fooled on elementary school moves by receivers..we dont have a corner with superior cover skills..winfield is very good, but his game isnt downfield coverage as much as its jamming guys at the line and getting involved in run support..it seems like griffin would be better trying to work his way into that role since he lacks the speed and agility to chase guys around the field..we need a good downfield coverage guy regardless of who is playing defensive end
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"olson_10" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:
    Hall is a good player, i just dont know wheather or not he is a good fit for this defense, also i like Cedric and Winfield at the corner positions, when the defensive end help comes you will start to see what the secondary can do.

Pick up Ken Hamlin or draft Phillips in the first round, that would be a better solution to our problems.
    that i agree with, but i still dont think griffin is starting caliber right now..im not saying we should go get hall, we should just get somebody that doesnt get fooled on elementary school moves by receivers..we dont have a corner with superior cover skills..winfield is very good, but his game isnt downfield coverage as much as its jamming guys at the line and getting involved in run support..it seems like griffin would be better trying to work his way into that role since he lacks the speed and agility to chase guys around the field..we need a good downfield coverage guy regardless of who is playing defensive end
    I'm sure we could take full advantage of Hall's capabilities, but I fear the cost of getting him would break the bank.
    Winfield is getting up in age so the though of reducing Griffen's role to nickle situation for the next year or two is tempting, but it's not worth mortgaging our future for one defensive playmaker.
    I think we have other needs that should be addressed first.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Hey, anyone.......

I keep looking but I don't see any VET Leadership holding out on the Vikings.
    Are the local sports hacks just on vactation or can it be attributed to the fact that we really have a team that wants to be here, playing for this owner, playing for the coaches, playing for the fans and are otherwise content in thier work.

What a fricken novelity that would be.

;D

By the way, thanks for the read my freind.
    It restores the faith I have in this organization.
    The vikings are entering the third year of rebuilding, and coming off a five hundred season. 2 years ago when the vikings started to rebuild there were rumors that some of the vets wanted out, I think that is only natural. I would want out of Atlanta right now too.
    I think both of you make valid points. But I agree with Marrdro that these players are starting to buy into what is going on here, or at least they're afraid to say otherwise if they're not.
    That was my point.
    Thanks for making it into English instead of Marrdro speak.
    ;D

When a team is buying into what the staff (not just the Chiller) is selling then nothing but good happens my friends.
    Nothing but good.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"olson_10" wrote:
    "skum" wrote:

Unless the team is playing predominantly cover 2.
    Hey, isn't that the scheme the Vikes run?
    ;D

JK my friend.
    Look, I like the whole montra of Man-to-man "Shut down Corner" thing but that just isn't what this scheme is all about.

Winfield is an excellent Corner in that scheme and isn't a good one at Man-to-man.
    I believe all 3 of the youngsters will be excellent in this scheme as well but if you continually want to measure them up against a Man-to-man scheme you will continually find faults with them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    thats weird..i thought his beef was with petrino, not the rest of the organization

LOL, that's what I thought. But hey, he'll use whatever reason he needs to get out of a horrible situation and move on to a winner.

IMO, we will pass on him as it will take too much in the way of picks to get him...and our triumvirate will look at it as too risky.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    thats weird..i thought his beef was with petrino, not the rest of the organization

LOL, that's what I thought. But hey, he'll use whatever reason he needs to get out of a horrible situation and move on to a winner.

IMO, we will pass on him as it will take too much in the way of picks to get him...and our triumvirate will look at it as too risky.
    I like that.
    Can I start to use it?

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

I like that.
    Can I start to use it?

Absolutely...I thought I saw it on one of your spreadsheets.
    ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

supposively NYG has give them an offer for their 1st rd pick
    saw it on nfl live

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I wouldn't want him here, He's a great athlete seems like he's more than willing to attack whichever organization he is apart of. Just my view on him.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Now as I understand we're ok at CB.. so unless we are looking at moving Winfield or Griffin back to safety then I can't see we'd need him.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast