Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: A Day in the Life (Of an Offensive Lineman)

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I remember reading something in the NY Times or Newark Star Ledger a few years ago about A Day in the Life of an Offensive Lineman, and that was a great article. Had all about their workouts, practices, and diets. I remember reading the diet part with my jaw on the floor, it was amazing how these guys eat haha. I was looking for it for the past few minutes, but can't find it. My dad showed it to me, so I'll ask him if he remembers where he got it from. He actually may still have it somewhere, he keeps a lot of newspaper and magazine articles.
    I would like to read that one as well.

What parameters did you use to google.
    I did several variations and can't find it either.
    Google, Yahoo, NYTimes Archive search(their search is kinda poohie though), NJ.com(the Star Ledger site).
    I hope your Dad still has it.
    I have been searching off and on since you talked about it.
    If you find it feel free to stick it in here my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    I remember reading something in the NY Times or Newark Star Ledger a few years ago about A Day in the Life of an Offensive Lineman, and that was a great article. Had all about their workouts, practices, and diets. I remember reading the diet part with my jaw on the floor, it was amazing how these guys eat haha. I was looking for it for the past few minutes, but can't find it. My dad showed it to me, so I'll ask him if he remembers where he got it from. He actually may still have it somewhere, he keeps a lot of newspaper and magazine articles.

Google, Yahoo, NYTimes Archive search(their search is kinda poohie though), NJ.com(the Star Ledger site).
    Will do.

It should be interesting when Cajun sees what you just said Marr, lol

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Will do.

It should be interesting when Cajun sees what you just said Marr, lol
    DUH, I actually had to re-read my post 3 times to figure out what the hell you meant.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Marr, Great great post that was an impressive article.
    I truly believe that the true stars are the humble players who are often lineman, therefore my fav. player is Matt birk hands down. i also like that he is with this team his whole career what isn't the case for awefully lot of players.

What i really like about the article is the aspect of family. not blood but the other lineman
    it's a special feeling what can't be described. I've played football since i was 8 years old and i'm still playing with most of those guys back then. it's your family and you go threw fire for them.

Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Wow.
    Great read!!
    Just emailed the link to several friends!!

Funny thing is, I wanted to play football as a pre teen, but my family kind of talked me out of it...Or, mom got dad to talk me out of it...?
    Anyway, he too was a skinny farm boy, average height, probably around 150 lbs...since his family didn't really know the coach and he didn't have the obvious speed, size etc for the skill positions he ended up playing OG.

He said it was fun, when they played the other, rural farm teams, but that when they got into the playoffs, the big city teams would always have 250 pounders playing the line, and all he could do was hit the guy low, trip him up, and let the guy fall on him...over and over and over...ouch.

I went out and started throwing the ball...couldn't really hit anything, nor catch very well when thrown to...just didn't have any coordination back then.
    On top of that, I was taller, and weighed less.
    Didn't seem like a fit.
    Unfortunately, it was years later, in some drunken snow tackle football, when I realized I might have been a good CB or Safety...but that's another story.
    Very interesting.

I on the other hand grew up in a very small MN town, with a very small school that only played 9 man football. (District 318) If your dad would let you have the time off from work you could participate in sports.

Basically, you didn't have to be good (and I probably wasn't) to make the team and you got to play.
    Unfortunately we stunk all the time as well.

Anyway, I envy the guys who have the talent to play the game especially the ones that got to the next level and extended thier playing time.

I can't imagine what it would be like to strap it on for a real NFL team.

Man I love this game.
    ;D
    Interesting read Marrdro thanks!
    Small world...I went to District 318 also.

Frostbite is offline Coach

I Read The News Today O Boy
    About a Lucky man who plays left Guard
    He makes a million bucks they say
    but when I look at him....all I see is Lard.....I'd love to turn you on..

Non-released Beetles Version written by John Lennon for his love of the Violent game of Football.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Wow.
    Great read!!

Funny thing is, I wanted to play football as a pre teen, but my family kind of talked me out of it...Or, mom got dad to talk me out of it...?
    Anyway, he too was a skinny farm boy, average height, probably around 150 lbs...since his family didn't really know the coach and he didn't have the obvious speed, size etc for the skill positions he ended up playing OG.

He said it was fun, when they played the other, rural farm teams, but that when they got into the playoffs, the big city teams would always have 250 pounders playing the line, and all he could do was hit the guy low, trip him up, and let the guy fall on him...over and over and over...ouch.

I went out and started throwing the ball...couldn't really hit anything, nor catch very well when thrown to...just didn't have any coordination back then.
    Didn't seem like a fit.
    Unfortunately, it was years later, in some drunken snow tackle football, when I realized I might have been a good CB or Safety...but that's another story.
    Very interesting.

I on the other hand grew up in a very small MN town, with a very small school that only played 9 man football. (District 318) If your dad would let you have the time off from work you could participate in sports.

Basically, you didn't have to be good (and I probably wasn't) to make the team and you got to play.

Anyway, I envy the guys who have the talent to play the game especially the ones that got to the next level and extended thier playing time.

Man I love this game.

;D
    What town....Northome MN for me.

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    Marr, Great great post that was an impressive article.
    I truly believe that the true stars are the humble players who are often lineman, therefore my fav. player is Matt birk hands down. i also like that he is with this team his whole career what isn't the case for awefully lot of players.

What i really like about the article is the aspect of family. not blood but the other lineman
    it's a special feeling what can't be described. I've played football since i was 8 years old and i'm still playing with most of those guys back then. it's your family and you go threw fire for them.

Thanks my friend. I was hoping Mr. A had found the one he mentioned.
    It also seems like it would be pretty interesting.

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurplePumpkin" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Wow.
    Great read!!

Didn't seem like a fit.
    Very interesting.

Man I love this game.
    ;D
    Northome is District 363
    I grew up in Wendigo area.

"PurplePumpkin" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurplePumpkin" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Wow.
    Great read!!

Didn't seem like a fit.
    Very interesting.

Man I love this game.

;D
    Northome is District 363
    I grew up in Wendigo area.
    Back in the day it was 318.
    Probably rezoned now as Northome is smaller than when I lived there and they have merged with another town called Kelliher.
    Other towns that used to be in the district (i.e. Blackduck aren't in it anymore either).

http://www.isd318.org/

Never heard of Wendigo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast