Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Davis shows why Raiders remain dysfunctional

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7924024/Davis-shows-why-Raiders-remain-dysfunctional?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

[size=12pt]Davis shows why Raiders remain dysfunctional[/size]
    by John Czarnecki
    Updated: March 18, 2008, 12:23 PM EST

Remember, last summer when the agents for JaMarcus Russell said that the Raiders didn't have enough cash to sign the No. 1 overall pick? It was like Oakland owner Al Davis had cash-flow problems, that the poor guy was almost destitute or something.

Well, based on contracts given to two potential big-time players, receiver Javon Walker and defensive lineman Tommy Kelly, both of whom are coming off knee surgery, the Raiders unearthed a treasure-box of cash.

Any hour now, the Raiders will pay new cornerback DeAngelo Hall about $9 million a season, which will only upset current franchised Raider Nnamdi Asomugha, but that's the system, baby.

There is no doubt that the Raiders are throwing Hall more than a life jacket to get him out of Atlanta for a second-round pick (34th overall) and a sixth-rounder in next month's draft. His brash style must remind Davis of his players back in the 1970s and 1980s.

Davis has forever done it his own way, but we must explain that the Raiders still remain an island unto themselves while the other 31 NFL teams operate more traditionally.

Let's be honest. The Raiders have to over-pay for players these days. You see, Raider Nation isn't exactly what it's cracked up to be. The Black Hole is where players go to disappear, especially if your goal is playing in the postseason.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Davis shows why Raiders remain dysfunctional

Thanks for the read my friend.

Take a gander at the Raider fan and his comments in the comment section. Can you believe that guy?
    ;D

By the way, I just heard on Sirius (Adam Shine) that the Raiders and Atlanta/Meangola have broke off talks.
    Can't come to an agreement on the term/$$$ of the contract.

Said it earlier today, the Raiders are supposedly committed to about 130ish Mill in Cap right now.
    That is a bit over and they haven't even signed Hall.

Wonder what the league thinks of that.
    Isn't there
    a rule or something that says a trade can't go through if the team doesn't have the money (ala Rodgers to the Bengals earlier this month).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Wonder what the league thinks of that.
    Isn't there
    a rule or something that says a trade can't go through if the team doesn't have the money (ala Rodgers to the Bengals earlier this month).
    Thats the way it works in Madden so I'm sure it's true.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7924024/Davis-shows-why-Raiders-remain-dysfunctional?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

by John Czarnecki

Remember, last summer when the agents for JaMarcus Russell said that the Raiders didn't have enough cash to sign the No. 1 overall pick? It was like Oakland owner Al Davis had cash-flow problems, that the poor guy was almost destitute or something.

When did they get Hall? And for a second rounder, geez.

Well, based on contracts given to two potential big-time players, receiver Javon Walker and defensive lineman Tommy Kelly, both of whom are coming off knee surgery, the Raiders unearthed a treasure-box of cash.

Any hour now, the Raiders will pay new cornerback DeAngelo Hall about $9 million a season, which will only upset current franchised Raider Nnamdi Asomugha, but that's the system, baby.

There is no doubt that the Raiders are throwing Hall more than a life jacket to get him out of Atlanta for a second-round pick (34th overall) and a sixth-rounder in next month's draft. His brash style must remind Davis of his players back in the 1970s and 1980s.

Davis has forever done it his own way, but we must explain that the Raiders still remain an island unto themselves while the other 31 NFL teams operate more traditionally.

Let's be honest. The Raiders have to over-pay for players these days. You see, Raider Nation isn't exactly what it's cracked up to be. The Black Hole is where players go to disappear, especially if your goal is playing in the postseason.
    =Z=
    The raiders have had a bad 5 year run, but don't forget that before that they were in the superbowl. Atleast they get to sign big name players every year. It's not like they are the Lions or anything.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

The game has well passed Davis by.. check that.. most everything in the world seems to have passed Davis by.. it is actually quite sad in a sense.. someone has to step up and relieve him.. ala Steinbrenner in NY.. his faculties aren't quite complete enough any longer to run an organization such as the Raiders.. IMO.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

They seem to fall into the same category as the Redskins, that is a team who focuses more on signing big FAs than the drafting and developing aspect.
    Doesn't seem to be working out really well for them.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

by John Czarnecki

When did they get Hall? And for a second rounder, geez.

=Z=
    The raiders have had a bad 5 year run, but don't forget that before that they were in the superbowl. Atleast they get to sign big name players every year. It's not like they are the Lions or anything.
    Hows that working out for them?
    Even with all the "Big Name Players" they are still losing and can't get players to come thier unless they over pay them more than the other teams are overpaying.

Then throw in the fact that he can't get a reputable coach (or coaching staff) to come coach said players.
    Almost like the lunitics are running the asylum if you ask me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

hahah, i like the tag on this thread, "A tradition of Crappy"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    hahah, i like the tag on this thread, "A tradition of Crappy"
    That makes my heart warm.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired