Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    "sunny" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "sunny" wrote:
    What is going on in the NFL? Every time someone beeches they are allowed to go to another team. These guys are under contract. Porter just got a big raise a couple years ago. If I was grampa Al I would have sent him on crossing patterns every play and have the other team beat some sence into him.


    Bottom line is that their egos are to big for their shorts.
    Have you ever tried to coach a player who didn't want to play? When you want to win, and you only have 11 men on the field you can't afford for one of them to not give it his all.

    You can't afford to have one of them perhaps try and throw a game to force a trade and if you aren't going to play him it hurts your team as well. Your spending money on a guy to sit on the bench? For what? To make a point? I don't think so. That money could be invested into another player that will produce something.
    Del, I agree that you cannot coach/play hard when they dont want to but, these are not highschool kids we are talking about. These are grown men who are paid very large amounts of money. They need a reality check of some sorts. I guese it just pissses me off is all.
    Football is football.

    If you work hard at your job and it makes you a lot of money, but you feel like your treated unfairly you ar not going to be happy. I agree some people are pricks that is true in all jobs but I am not buying that just because they get paid a lot of money they should put up with being treated like shit.

    The reality check is that they are employed by the NFL and about the only thing that they have going for them is they make an assload of money. Their *RIGHTS* pretty much end there. In fact when was the last time you heard of the union fighting for the players for anything more then money?! lol

    The only course of action they have to take is to hold out, to make it appear that they do not intend to help the team at all. I can't fault a guy for wanting a better job, one that makes his life better and more enjoyable. If it makes a handful of fans piss and moan too bad so sad.

  2. #22
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    there was a time if you would have told me there was a chance to have both Koren Robinson and Jerry Porter on our team i would have been all for it. When Randy Moss was traded there was a time i hoped the Vikings would have gotten both Harris and Porter for him. ofcourse i had hoped they hadent traded him at all, ,but if they had traded him, both Harris and Porter would have been a pretty good trade back then. (thank god they didnt)

    funny how things can change in 2 years. i wouldnt want Porter even if he was a free agent. hes like a T.O. but cant play.

  3. #23
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    There is a difference between a team shopping someone and an OWNER saying you are free to shop yourself.

    The team owns him, they first try to shop him for what they want. When it reaches the point where the owner says you can shop yourself it removes all doubt of his future.

    Now his agent is free to call door to door legally and work on a deal.
    I know the difference. In reality it doesn't mean much, just that now, as you said, the agent can go out and negotiate on behalf of his client without getting his balls slapped by the team and the NFL.

  4. #24
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    "Benet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    There is a difference between a team shopping someone and an OWNER saying you are free to shop yourself.

    The team owns him, they first try to shop him for what they want. When it reaches the point where the owner says you can shop yourself it removes all doubt of his future.

    Now his agent is free to call door to door legally and work on a deal.
    I know the difference. In reality it doesn't mean much, just that now, as you said, the agent can go out and negotiate on behalf of his client without getting his balls slapped by the team and the NFL.
    Then it isn't old news is it. Because there is indeed a difference between an article saying: We are shopping him and he is free to shop himself. That was the point.

  5. #25
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    I don't want to see GB pick him up! When he leaves the Raiders he could want to prove that he has what it takes to be the number 1 receiver and I don't want to see GB actually get somebody that can help that pathetic team. Driver and Gardner does not scare me but Porter, Driver and Gardner would be a good receiving core.

    I don't want to see him on the Vikes and i don't want to see the Vikes play against him twice a year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #26
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    I wouldn't cry about getting him.

    I would rather have him then almost anyone on our WR core. I can't judge a guy who is trying to get away from Al Davis. 900+ yards from one guy would be a good thing for the Vikings.

  7. #27
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    Eh, he's a bitch and we've gone out of our way to expunge that element from our squad.

    Let's see him in Green Bay, he'll fit right in with the rest of the malcontents.

  8. #28
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    "Benet" wrote:
    Eh, he's a bitch and we've gone out of our way to expunge that element from our squad.

    Let's see him in Green Bay, he'll fit right in with the rest of the malcontents.
    I think there are a few more bitches that need expunging.

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    "petrodemos" wrote:
    there was a time if you would have told me there was a chance to have both Koren Robinson and Jerry Porter on our team i would have been all for it. When Randy Moss was traded there was a time i hoped the Vikings would have gotten both Harris and Porter for him. ofcourse i had hoped they hadent traded him at all, ,but if they had traded him, both Harris and Porter would have been a pretty good trade back then. (thank god they didnt)

    funny how things can change in 2 years. i wouldnt want Porter even if he was a free agent. hes like a T.O. but cant play.
    It would all depend on why he wants to leave...but adding Porter COULD be a good thing IF he wants to be a team player on ANOTHER team...he CAN'T be worse than T-HO in terms of attitude!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    ChiTownVike's Avatar
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Davis to Porter: See Ya!

    "thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    y would he lrt porter go
    Because he's an annoying jack*ss who thinks he is the greatest reciever in the NFL even though there is a better one standing right across from him! :roll: I am so sick of these guys thinking they are great. Just shutup and play!



    Thank you Josdin for the sig

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Joey Porter is a moron!
    By Sajid28 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 09:04 PM
  2. Porter to sign with Dolphins
    By TATEone in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
  3. Joey Porter cut by Steelers
    By Freakout in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 05:18 PM
  4. Adam Schefter on Porter
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 01:08 PM
  5. Porter Fight!
    By VikingsTw in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 11:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •