Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

#9 i like, the thing about dante & joey... i doubt

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

i like all of them...all of those are TRUE reasons why Daunte will fail

Bheadgood is offline Rookie

I think Pep will be huge ! He is a winner.
    Any matter can be resolved over a few coldies.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Jay Whitlock of ESPN gives us his 10 truths about the NFL this year.
    5. Joey Harrington is going to beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason.
    While I don't believe that Harrington will play while Culpepper is on the bench (short of an injury), I do love the idea that Daunte will fail in Miami(and I was a big Culpepper supporter.)
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    9. Brett Favre will regret his decision to return to the Packers by Week 4, when John Madden won't be around on "Monday Night Football" to explain away Favre's terrible performance against the Eagles.

I hope Packers fans are happy they're holding Favre hostage in Green Bay rather than allowing him to finish his career with dignity in a winning environment.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060720
    I think you have it a little backwards my friend. It was Farve who was holding G.B. hostage during the most crucial time in the offseason by not giving them (G.B.) a decision on his retirement. That is however, an argument that should be saved for the mentally challenged cheeseheads.

What we can agree on though is that Farve is going to have a dismal season in G.B., and we're going to laugh.

Del Rio Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think most on the board realize that much of Daunte's problems can be somewhat attributed to the poor coaching staff. Tice and his staff were simply not qualified, and it had an impact on every position. I find it amusing, however, that some of the same people who refuse to acknowledge the impact of bad coaching on Smoot use it as an excuse for Daunte’s performance every year other than 2004.
    I don't even know how Tice's name is brought up in regards to Culpepper and 2005. He tore it up the year before with Tice there..........they better pick a different angle.
    ummm, Linenhan was the O cordinator in 04 now he is a head coach. 05 we had loney, now he is a water boy in AZ. Big difference there.
    Holy Bones!..............listen

Where on gods green earth did I say anything about Linehan? I don't even know how TICE's name is brought up. Seriously do you even read the threads you respond to? How old are you again?

Yes there is a big difference there, the big difference is you can't fooking read.

If a person thinks Linehan was the reason why Culpepper struggled then why mention Tice?
    Regardless of the talent or lack of, you still need a coach that can coach. Linehan was/is a great offensive coach. He was a great coach for the QB. After he was not brought back we all got the pleasure of seeing how great tice and loney were at running a offence you could see the changes in more than just the play of the QB. The line played worse, the WR were lost. Tice was lost, loney was lost, that reflected on the entire team, not just the QB. Tice was at fault for not running a organized team last year, and because of that, many carry the wrong impression on our former QB, and also place the blame on the former QB. Tice was a bad coach, and the players suffered because of it
    Oh the line played worse? MATT BIRK WAS GONE

Oh the WR's played worse? RANDY MOSS WAS GONE

Again it makes absolutely no sense at all. The only piece of the puzzle that changed from his great season and his piss poor season is Linehan. The only reason Tice is even mentioned is because it's the "IN" thing to do. Sorry fanbois, you can't blame it all on Tice especially when you continue to contridict yourself in the process.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456