Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55
  1. #1
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    Jay Whitlock of ESPN gives us his 10 truths about the NFL this year.

    Here is #5:

    5. Joey Harrington is going to beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason.

    I've never been a Daunte fan. Never. I was irate when the Vikings drafted him just months after Jeff George had a great season. But it's deeper than my allegiance to George.

    Daunte is not a student of the game. He doesn't read defenses. He's going to get exposed in Miami because his mobility is gone and he's going to be forced to stand in the pocket and make reads. It won't be pretty.

    And here is #9:

    9. Brett Favre will regret his decision to return to the Packers by Week 4, when John Madden won't be around on "Monday Night Football" to explain away Favre's terrible performance against the Eagles.

    I'm bummed Favre didn't grow a pair this offseason and tell the Packers he wanted to be traded to the Dolphins. Favre, 36, still can play football at a high level. He's just not capable of elevating a weak team to a higher level anymore. He's like Michael Jordan playing with the Wizards.

    Favre's spending his last year or two in the league running plays called by the former offensive coordinator of the 49ers -- Mike McCarthy, a product of the Mike Nolan coaching tree, not the Bill Walsh tree -- is just about the dumbest thing imaginable.

    I hope Packers fans are happy they're holding Favre hostage in Green Bay rather than allowing him to finish his career with dignity in a winning environment.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060720
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  2. #2
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    Joey Harrington is going to beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason.
    Put down the crack pipe Jay, you're on company time.

  3. #3
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    I love it, I"ll have to bet a 20X er..........Ever time GB suits up this season.....LMAO


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  4. #4
    magicci's Avatar
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    oxnard, ca
    Posts
    5,440

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Jay Whitlock of ESPN gives us his 10 truths about the NFL this year.

    Here is #5:

    5. Joey Harrington is going to beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason.

    I've never been a Daunte fan. Never. I was irate when the Vikings drafted him just months after Jeff George had a great season. But it's deeper than my allegiance to George.

    Daunte is not a student of the game. He doesn't read defenses. He's going to get exposed in Miami because his mobility is gone and he's going to be forced to stand in the pocket and make reads. It won't be pretty.

    And here is #9:

    9. Brett Favre will regret his decision to return to the Packers by Week 4, when John Madden won't be around on "Monday Night Football" to explain away Favre's terrible performance against the Eagles.

    I'm bummed Favre didn't grow a pair this offseason and tell the Packers he wanted to be traded to the Dolphins. Favre, 36, still can play football at a high level. He's just not capable of elevating a weak team to a higher level anymore. He's like Michael Jordan playing with the Wizards.

    Favre's spending his last year or two in the league running plays called by the former offensive coordinator of the 49ers -- Mike McCarthy, a product of the Mike Nolan coaching tree, not the Bill Walsh tree -- is just about the dumbest thing imaginable.

    I hope Packers fans are happy they're holding Favre hostage in Green Bay rather than allowing him to finish his career with dignity in a winning environment.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060720
    daunte was drafted before jeff george was our starter :???:

  5. #5
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    "magicci" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Jay Whitlock of ESPN gives us his 10 truths about the NFL this year.

    Here is #5:

    5. Joey Harrington is going to beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason.

    I've never been a Daunte fan. Never. I was irate when the Vikings drafted him just months after Jeff George had a great season. But it's deeper than my allegiance to George.

    Daunte is not a student of the game. He doesn't read defenses. He's going to get exposed in Miami because his mobility is gone and he's going to be forced to stand in the pocket and make reads. It won't be pretty.

    And here is #9:

    9. Brett Favre will regret his decision to return to the Packers by Week 4, when John Madden won't be around on "Monday Night Football" to explain away Favre's terrible performance against the Eagles.

    I'm bummed Favre didn't grow a pair this offseason and tell the Packers he wanted to be traded to the Dolphins. Favre, 36, still can play football at a high level. He's just not capable of elevating a weak team to a higher level anymore. He's like Michael Jordan playing with the Wizards.

    Favre's spending his last year or two in the league running plays called by the former offensive coordinator of the 49ers -- Mike McCarthy, a product of the Mike Nolan coaching tree, not the Bill Walsh tree -- is just about the dumbest thing imaginable.

    I hope Packers fans are happy they're holding Favre hostage in Green Bay rather than allowing him to finish his career with dignity in a winning environment.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060720
    daunte was drafted before jeff george was our starter :???:
    Yeah...I wonder if he misspoke there, because Daunte became the STARTER the year after George had a good season. He was drafted the season before though.

  6. #6
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Jay Whitlock of ESPN gives us his 10 truths about the NFL this year.

    Here is #5

    5. Joey Harrington is going to beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason.

    I've never been a Daunte fan. Never. I was irate when the Vikings drafted him just months after Jeff George had a great season. But it's deeper than my allegiance to George.

    Daunte is not a student of the game. He doesn't read defenses. He's going to get exposed in Miami because his mobility is gone and he's going to be forced to stand in the pocket and make reads. It won't be pretty.

    And here is #9

    9. Brett Favre will regret his decision to return to the Packers by Week 4, when John Madden won't be around on "Monday Night Football" to explain away Favre's terrible performance against the Eagles.

    I'm bummed Favre didn't grow a pair this offseason and tell the Packers he wanted to be traded to the Dolphins. Favre, 36, still can play football at a high level. He's just not capable of elevating a weak team to a higher level anymore. He's like Michael Jordan playing with the Wizards.

    Favre's spending his last year or two in the league running plays called by the former offensive coordinator of the 49ers -- Mike McCarthy, a product of the Mike Nolan coaching tree, not the Bill Walsh tree -- is just about the dumbest thing imaginable.

    I hope Packers fans are happy they're holding Favre hostage in Green Bay rather than allowing him to finish his career with dignity in a winning environment.
    http//sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060720
    daunte was drafted before jeff george was our starter ???
    Yeah...I wonder if he misspoke there, because Daunte became the STARTER the year after George had a good season. He was drafted the season before though.
    I'm probably wrong, but I thought DC was warming the bench when George was starting.

  7. #7
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    "westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Jay Whitlock of ESPN gives us his 10 truths about the NFL this year.

    Here is #5

    5. Joey Harrington is going to beat out Daunte Culpepper by midseason.

    I've never been a Daunte fan. Never. I was irate when the Vikings drafted him just months after Jeff George had a great season. But it's deeper than my allegiance to George.

    Daunte is not a student of the game. He doesn't read defenses. He's going to get exposed in Miami because his mobility is gone and he's going to be forced to stand in the pocket and make reads. It won't be pretty.

    And here is #9

    9. Brett Favre will regret his decision to return to the Packers by Week 4, when John Madden won't be around on "Monday Night Football" to explain away Favre's terrible performance against the Eagles.

    I'm bummed Favre didn't grow a pair this offseason and tell the Packers he wanted to be traded to the Dolphins. Favre, 36, still can play football at a high level. He's just not capable of elevating a weak team to a higher level anymore. He's like Michael Jordan playing with the Wizards.

    Favre's spending his last year or two in the league running plays called by the former offensive coordinator of the 49ers -- Mike McCarthy, a product of the Mike Nolan coaching tree, not the Bill Walsh tree -- is just about the dumbest thing imaginable.

    I hope Packers fans are happy they're holding Favre hostage in Green Bay rather than allowing him to finish his career with dignity in a winning environment.
    http//sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=whitlock/060720
    daunte was drafted before jeff george was our starter ???
    Yeah...I wonder if he misspoke there, because Daunte became the STARTER the year after George had a good season. He was drafted the season before though.
    I'm probably wrong, but I thought DC was warming the bench when George was starting.
    Yeah he was. Daunte was a rookie the year George started 12 games.

  8. #8
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    Good news there! ^

  9. #9
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    I won't shed any tears if Daunte fails miserably. I don't wish him the best...but with that said, I could care less how he does. These are pretty bold predictions IMO.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,160

    Re: Daunte will fail in Miami says ESPN/Favre will regret GB

    Wow. This dude don't like Pep. Beaten out by Joey, ouch. What was funny was the line "I'm bummed Favre didn't grow a pair this offseason" and that he also sees the, uh, "special" relationship that Favre and Madden share.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

    In AP I trust

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Daunte done in Miami?
    By DarrinNelsonguy in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 01:14 PM
  2. Harrington Released by Miami, Is Daunte the man now in Miami?
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 06:16 PM
  3. Daunte vs. Favre
    By briboy75 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 05:04 PM
  4. Favre>Daunte
    By PeppMinusMossEqualsTrash in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 01:59 AM
  5. ESPN: Page 2 re: Daunte
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 11:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •