Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    slimerg0d is offline Rookie

Re: Is Daunte Fully Recovered?

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    I always will love Daunte...I don't care how many Minnesota fans hate him.
    I wish him the best!
    The only time I will root against him is when we play Miami!
    That's cool. I just have a hard time even thinking nice thoughts about him after hearing him thanking that guy for hitting him... IMO he is a whack job.

Peace.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"slimerg0d" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    I always will love Daunte...I don't care how many Minnesota fans hate him.
    I wish him the best!
    The only time I will root against him is when we play Miami!
    That's cool. I just have a hard time even thinking nice thoughts about him after hearing him thanking that guy for hitting him... IMO he is a whack job.

Peace.
    I don't believe at all that he said that...the media loves to stir controversy when it comes to our team

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I don't think he is 100%.
    IMO he is one knee high tackle from the IR list for the year.
    I hope he remembers to slide and drop when a sack is coming.
    I would hate to see him get re-injured as that would pretty much end his career.

WWBGD

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"slavinator" wrote:
    He looks like he is still favoring the leg and cannot plant and throw or make a cut.
    I dont know why he is in such a rush to make a comeback in preseason.
    Here is the prediction the first hit he takes to the legs he will b done.

Good Riddens!

Because he wants a new deal, and the faster he is back the sooner he can get more money!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

If you were boo'd during the 2004 season after you pretty much had a near perfect season as a qb you would want out too.
    I will never forget the idiot fan at the dome saying we would never win with DC because he was black.
    MN fans lost a lot of cred when placed most if not all the blame on DC last year.
    Look at the bad coaching, the teams played, the defence playing horrible, etc.
    I am a fan of the vikings but not of the rednecks who call themselves fans.
    Its funny how everyone outside of purpleville knows DC is better than johnson, but this is the same fan base who thought bouman was a better QB.
    :
    You republican whore!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    If you were boo'd during the 2004 season after you pretty much had a near perfect season as a qb you would want out too.
    I will never forget the idiot fan at the dome saying we would never win with DC because he was black.
    MN fans lost a lot of cred when placed most if not all the blame on DC last year.
    Its funny how everyone outside of purpleville knows DC is better than johnson, but this is the same fan base who thought bouman was a better QB.

:
    It had nothing to do with his skin color. It had to do with the fact that he could not read a defense or hit an open receiver when he did find them. He took too long in the pocket to make a decision and when he did make one it was wrong way too often. Johnson came in and controlled the offense,didn't make dumb decisions and we went 7-2 after starting at 2-5 with culpepper. Those are hard numbers to disregard since the QB is the only variable that was a significant change. They still had the same playbook,same offense,same coaching staff etc.

Certainly his individual numbers were impressive in 2004 but the offense had better numbers in 1998 with Randall Cunningham at QB and nobody was disregarding him due to his skin color.

I blew out my knee similar to what he did but I do not consider the surgery that I had very successful. I also did not have the resources to rehab it that he did but i can tell you I am amazed that he is able to do what he is doing at this time. That being said, After mobility is restored to the joint and you get to running it is possible to run in a straight line or arc with all of the cutting placed on your strong leg fairly rapidly. But he is running alot like I have to where you round your corners and do not plant hard with the injured leg. That tells me that he either does not have the leg strength where it needs to be, his confidense level is not where it should be for him to be on the field for full contact, or the repair was not as successful as it needed to be because he is making the strong leg do all of the work. I am not sure which one it is.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5898844

ok i read this.. and saw this in the begining..
    "I walked up to Chris Gamble and I told him, 'Thank you,"' said Culpepper after his new team, the Miami Dolphins, lost to the Carolina Panthers 19-10 on Thursday. "If he hadn't hit me like that, I probably wouldn't be here right now. I was very excited to come back to the city of Charlotte and I was glad to go out and show people it really isn't an issue."
    what's he saying.. thanks cause he's outta minny? that's what i got out of it..

i mean WTF!!!!
    D.c u selfish mimou poutcha!!!
    i still had respect for the guy as he really had done a lot to inspire a very dynamic vikes offence.. sure u can say we never really did anything with him. but it wasn't always his fault.
    but to come out and publicly say.. "Yo.. if u hadn't hurt me i'd nvr be here!!"

please please please let him be healthy enouf to face us.. and then let him be stupid enouf to run against us.. or sit in his pocket waiting to get SLAMMED..

d.c
    ..I.,

DiGiTaL
    mimou poutcha???

I am assuming that it goes "meow"???
    LOL
    actually it means in shorter words.. a monkey's 3rd leg..

U know.. dcp i used to not hate D.c
    he ws still a great player in my mind.. but that comment just.. ended any ties i might have to him..

even moss.. who was !#$% over by the orginazation gives nothin but luv and respect to the fans.. D.c
    just burned every string of respect i had for him.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

dolphan117 is offline Waterboy

"slavinator" wrote:
    He looks like he is still favoring the leg and cannot plant and throw or make a cut.
    I dont know why he is in such a rush to make a comeback in preseason.
    Here is the prediction the first hit he takes to the legs he will b done.

Good Riddens!
    I am assuming you didn't see him play against the Panthers.
    Not only could he plant and throw but on several occasions he had to make very quick moves to escape the rush.
    On one in particular he the LDE came almost unblocked on an inside move and Culpepper had to sprint to his right and then threw a dart to Wes Welker after which he got leveled by the DE.
    He jumped right back up and showed no ill effects at all.
    And remember this is after he got sacked several times last week and otherwise got knocked around.
    Put that on top of him not missing a single practice and in fact not even a single part of a practice and I think its safe to say that while he may not be 100% he is doing pretty darn well.
    He finished the game 14 of 19 for a hundred and thirty yards with no turnovers in one half of football.
    And remember this was a pretty good test, it was the tune up game of the pre-season against one of the best front 4 in football.

One poster here was saying that all Culpepper has done was make bad short throws along with an occasional deep ball.
    That just wasn't true for this game.
    I went back and watched the first half again today because it really bothered me watching the game at the lack of deep throws.
    There was only one deep throw in the entire first half and that was the TD to Chambers that was called back for offensive PI, slightly under-thrown in about the only place Chambers could make a play on it which he did.
    The PI was the right call but it was still a pretty darn impressive play.
    Other than that it was all short or intermediate stuff.
    Personally I want us to stretch the field more so it kinda bothered me when I was watching it live but after going over the tape it looked like the Carolina D was playing us for the deep ball and Culpepper just took what they gave him.
    When you can take what a D gives you to the tune of a percent completion percentage and 130 yards in a half of football I guess I can live with it.
    If it had been a regular season game though I would have wanted us to open it up a little more in the second half.

Overall I just had a very hard time believing he was recovering from blowing out all 3 knee ligaments less than a year ago.
    Personally I never thought he would recover this fast.
    I figured he might start the first game but that it would be the type of thing where he would fight swelling all through camp and have to miss time.
    I figured he might play, say the first game or 2 and then have the knee balloon up and have to sit a while.
    Instead he hasn't missed a single practice and they haven't had to limit him at all.
    Amazing.

Del Rio Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:

:
    Bad coaching, bad defense..........doesn't make you have that many turnovers in those few of games. G funk homey.

I'm sure the redneck fans will cry themselves to sleep knowing Gmaster flash is not a fan of thiers. It's funny how everyone who has any form of reason can see how Johnson is better for the Vikings then Culpepper, but this is the same fan base that arrived on scene in 1998 and who has spinners on thier BMX.

Luckily for everyone the season is about to start and Johnson and his fans can put thier money where their mouths are. If he manages to win a few playoff games he will have done more then Culpepper has ever managed in Minnesota.

Prophet Guest

"Del" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:

:

Bad coaching, bad defense..........doesn't make you have that many turnovers in those few of games. G funk homey.

I'm sure the redneck fans will cry themselves to sleep knowing Gmaster flash is not a fan of thiers. It's funny how everyone who has any form of reason can see how Johnson is better for the Vikings then Culpepper, but this is the same fan base that arrived on scene in 1998 and who has spinners on thier BMX.
    I don't think that ignore button works.
    The small group of myopic Culpepper/Moss crotch sniffers will ignore the facts preceding their demise and blame the current shortcomings, perceived or real, on the Vikings not having them on the team.
    I wonder what the statute of limitations is on the player fan category?

Purpleride, get out in the world a little bit.
    There are asshats and good people everywhere.
    Just because you heard a silly guy make a racist comment doesn't give you the right to categorize fans into that person's mindless reality.
    Think before you post, if possible, it would help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast