Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Is Daunte Fully Recovered?

John Clayton of ESPN wrote this...
    Daunte Culpepper seems to have fully recovered from his triple knee ligament surgery.
    I don't agree. Did you watch him play in the last pre-season game. He's got a heavy limp and isn't running the ball at all.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Is Daunte Fully Recovered?

From what I've heard, he's a quick healer.

But I seriously doubt he's fully recovered, because him and Carson Palmer suffered some pretty serious knee injuries.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

who the F*** is Daunte ?
    ???

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I wish PEP the best.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Culpepper to test knee at the site of his injury

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/632450.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The last time Daunte Culpepper faced the Carolina Panthers, he was hauled off the field with three torn knee ligaments and his playing career in doubt.
    Culpepper returns to Bank of America Stadium tonight with a new team and renewed confidence as he tries to continue a successful comeback with the Miami Dolphins.

Culpepper, traded from the Vikings to Miami in March, has completed eight of 11 passes for 88 yards and no interceptions in two preseason games with the Dolphins. And the knee he had surgically repaired 10 months ago has held up.

"I've not looked at that part of it with any significance," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said on Culpepper's return to Carolina for the first time since the injury. "I do think that him getting banged around a little bit last week is probably beneficial to him. Certainly, if that's something that's psychologically affecting him, that would be something that we would need to manage."

Culpepper, a three-time Pro Bowler, saw his career flash before him on the final play of the first quarter Oct. 30 when he was hit by Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble after an 18-yard run.

"I just remember hitting him and he was on the ground and hurting, but I didn't think it was bad," Gamble said Wednesday.

Carolina defensive end Mike Rucker said he is happy Culpepper will be suiting up after last year's ugly injury in Charlotte.

"You've got a big dude who weighs just about as much you do, and he's fast and can throw the ball," Rucker said. "He has all the tools you would want in a great quarterback. Now he has a tandem of good receivers. It's good to see him come back from that and I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field."

Del Rio Guest

If he has it's pretty amazing. Hopefully he doesn't reinjure the same knee.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Right now it seems to be fully healed.. I guess we will see when it comes time to the regular season, and good defenses are blowing by his O-Line.. When he takes a few good hits, then I will be convinced that it is fully healed..

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    John Clayton of ESPN wrote this...
    Daunte Culpepper seems to have fully recovered from his triple knee ligament surgery.
    I don't agree. Did you watch him play in the last pre-season game. He's got a heavy limp and isn't running the ball at all.

I noticed and said the same thing the other day Cojo. PeP is for sure, not nearly at 100%.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He will be healed when you see him make a cut. If you can not make a cut running on turf you are not healed.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

He was still throwing balls low and into the dirt like the Daunte of old, and then making a few nice downfield lofts....his only real skill apparently.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast