Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Daunte Desperate For Work

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Culpepper is an example of a guy whose career was made by someone else, but he wasn't smart enough to recognize that.
    Everyone has seen how well he's done "post-Moss", and now everyone - except Daunte - knows the truth.

Look at the stats for EVERY QB we had during the Carter and Carter-Moss periods.
    Every one posted career best numbers.
    EVERY one.
    Cunningham, Moon, George, etc.
    It was the system and the receivers!!!!
    And Daunte thought it was HIM.

He was SOOOOOOOO wrong.

And now he's soooooooo unemployed.
    Go figure.

Caine
    And so was everyone else who though our passing offense would be fine without Moss...
    lol yep..since day 1 i said we traded the wrong guy..daunte on his way out ended up causing just as much trouble as moss, which made our organization looks like a bunch of fools when we had to let him go
    Except there's the little fact that the Moss crotch sniffers never seem to bring up, are in denial about or perhaps don't even take the time to realize;

In 2004 when Culpepper threw for 4,717, Randy Moss only caught 767 of those yards.

Burleson had 1006

Wiggins 705

M-Rob 657

Good points Singer.
    I don't think we "traded the wrong guy".
    I think it was time for both to move on when they did.
    Moss didn't want to be a Viking anymore however he left with more dignity than did Culpepper.
    Culpepper left as a whining bitch.

Bottom line is they are both gone.
    Who made who?
    Who cares?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ya, he shouldn't have treated his knee in the strip mall next to McDonalds!
    ;D
    I never had a problem with that. Hell all gyms have bench presses, tread mills & a lot of other equipment that every other gym & teams have. There's no miracle machine or specialized equipment that the Vikings have that you can't find elsewhere.

Hell, many of the Vikings workout in similar local gyms in the TC's area & not the Vikings facility during the offseason.
    I hear ya Singer, however, it wasn't the equipment in the facility but rather the lack of personnel to assist with the rehab.

I am sure that the "Strip Mall Facility" didn't have anything close to the medical/training staff (and the associated expertise with issues of this nature) that a pro NFL organization has/had.

Well I would find it hard to believe that there are trainers & medical staff hanging around the Vikings training facility during the off-season.
    Why?
    Is it because they wouldn't want to spend money on a staff that could be available to help get multi-million dollar investments back to NFL speed or to maintain their physical readiness?

Quite the opposite. I would find it hard to believe that they don't keep guys/gals on staff to make sure everyone is ready for the following season.

The level of staff of course would be proportionate to the number of players that remain/reside in the area.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Culpepper is an example of a guy whose career was made by someone else, but he wasn't smart enough to recognize that.
    Everyone has seen how well he's done "post-Moss", and now everyone - except Daunte - knows the truth.

Look at the stats for EVERY QB we had during the Carter and Carter-Moss periods.
    Every one posted career best numbers.
    EVERY one.
    Cunningham, Moon, George, etc.
    It was the system and the receivers!!!!
    And Daunte thought it was HIM.

He was SOOOOOOOO wrong.

And now he's soooooooo unemployed.
    Go figure.

Caine
    If we can apply that same theory to Tom Brady's "career year", I'll buy that.
    Plus we all know how well he did playing with Collins.
    Jerry Rice made Collins

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Fuck Daunte Culpepper.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Daunte will look good in a McDonalds uniform

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ya, he shouldn't have treated his knee in the strip mall next to McDonalds!
    ;D
    I never had a problem with that. Hell all gyms have bench presses, tread mills & a lot of other equipment that every other gym & teams have. There's no miracle machine or specialized equipment that the Vikings have that you can't find elsewhere.

Hell, many of the Vikings workout in similar local gyms in the TC's area & not the Vikings facility during the offseason.
    I hear ya Singer, however, it wasn't the equipment in the facility but rather the lack of personnel to assist with the rehab.

I am sure that the "Strip Mall Facility" didn't have anything close to the medical/training staff (and the associated expertise with issues of this nature) that a pro NFL organization has/had.

Well I would find it hard to believe that there are trainers & medical staff hanging around the Vikings training facility during the off-season.
    Why?
    Is it because they wouldn't want to spend money on a staff that could be available to help get multi-million dollar investments back to NFL speed or to maintain their physical readiness?

Quite the opposite. I would find it hard to believe that they don't keep guys/gals on staff to make sure everyone is ready for the following season.

The level of staff of course would be proportionate to the number of players that remain/reside in the area.
    Obviously we do, how else would we get the inside "scoop" about draft picks that no other team does about injury risks(ala, AP).
    Case closed, we have staff there.
    ;D

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Floop Randy moss

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

I don't understand Daunte's thinking when turning down job after job...
    Yes he wants to compete for a starting job but come on...

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

How long will it be before Duante's agent cuts ties with him and starts looking to represent players that will take a job

;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    How long will it be before Duante's agent cuts ties with him and starts looking to represent players that will take a job

;D
    Good thing I was done with my coffee or I would have had to wipe off the monitor again.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast