Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Daunte Desperate For Work

Hopefully Daunte finds a job... I would like to see him land back on his feet and compete somewhere.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=46930.10

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ya, he shouldn't have treated his knee in the strip mall next to McDonalds!
    ;D
    I never had a problem with that. Hell all gyms have bench presses, tread mills & a lot of other equipment that every other gym & teams have. There's no miracle machine or specialized equipment that the Vikings have that you can't find elsewhere.

Hell, many of the Vikings workout in similar local gyms in the TC's area & not the Vikings facility during the offseason.
    I hear ya Singer, however, it wasn't the equipment in the facility but rather the lack of personnel to assist with the rehab.

I am sure that the "Strip Mall Facility" didn't have anything close to the medical/training staff (and the associated expertise with issues of this nature) that a pro NFL organization has/had.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D
    I never had a problem with that. Hell all gyms have bench presses, tread mills & a lot of other equipment that every other gym & teams have. There's no miracle machine or specialized equipment that the Vikings have that you can't find elsewhere.

Hell, many of the Vikings workout in similar local gyms in the TC's area & not the Vikings facility during the offseason.
    I hear ya Singer, however, it wasn't the equipment in the facility but rather the lack of personnel to assist with the rehab.

I am sure that the "Strip Mall Facility" didn't have anything close to the medical/training staff (and the associated expertise with issues of this nature) that a pro NFL organization has/had.

Truth is,
    Peps wifes, ball and chain, was only so long, and it couln't cross the FL. border line.
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Culpepper is as much to blame for his downfall as anything or anyone else.
    First he handled everything wrong when Childress first took over.
    You would think with a new coach you would try to learn the new style.
    The fact is he was never a bust.
    He is a good athlete that had an unfortunate occurence.
    He was a passing QB however he could always use his legs if he needed.
    His injury took that away from him and he wasn't ever able to learn a new stule of QBing.
    Nor was he willing to.
    His ego got in his way no matter what the circumstance and he is now unemployed for a reason.
    I do believe some team will pick him up when they become desperate this year but he will never be the same QB.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D

Well I would find it hard to believe that there are trainers & medical staff hanging around the Vikings training facility during the off-season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D

Truth is,
    Peps wifes, ball and chain, was only so long, and it couln't cross the FL. border line.
    ;D
    I believe that is a big part of it as well. His wife wanted to be around her family & her family lives in Florida.

The only ones here that don't believe that the wifes wants trump the husbands wants are the single guys.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    Culpepper is an example of a guy whose career was made by someone else, but he wasn't smart enough to recognize that.
    Everyone has seen how well he's done "post-Moss", and now everyone - except Daunte - knows the truth.

Look at the stats for EVERY QB we had during the Carter and Carter-Moss periods.
    Every one posted career best numbers.
    EVERY one.
    Cunningham, Moon, George, etc.
    It was the system and the receivers!!!!
    And Daunte thought it was HIM.

He was SOOOOOOOO wrong.

And now he's soooooooo unemployed.
    Go figure.

Caine
    And so was everyone else who though our passing offense would be fine without Moss...
    lol yep..since day 1 i said we traded the wrong guy..daunte on his way out ended up causing just as much trouble as moss, which made our organization looks like a bunch of fools when we had to let him go
    Except there's the little fact that the Moss crotch sniffers never seem to bring up, are in denial about or perhaps don't even take the time to realize;

In 2004 when Culpepper threw for 4,717, Randy Moss only caught 767 of those yards.

Burleson had 1006

Wiggins 705

M-Rob 657

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    Culpepper is an example of a guy whose career was made by someone else, but he wasn't smart enough to recognize that.
    Everyone has seen how well he's done "post-Moss", and now everyone - except Daunte - knows the truth.

Look at the stats for EVERY QB we had during the Carter and Carter-Moss periods.
    EVERY one.

He was SOOOOOOOO wrong.

Go figure.

Caine
    If we can apply that same theory to Tom Brady's "career year", I'll buy that.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

EVERY one.

He was SOOOOOOOO wrong.

Go figure.

Caine
    If we can apply that same theory to Tom Brady's "career year", I'll buy that.
    Plus we all know how well he did playing with Collins.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast