Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Daunte Desperate For Work

You know what?......

Even though he isn't a premier QB anymore (if he was at all), he will still land someplace.
    There just isn't enough QB's to go around it seems so at some point in the season, a team will loose a QB and Daunte will be given a chance.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Daunte may want to contact Ryan Leaf.
    Ryan seems to have made peace with being a bust and is now a QB coach at Texas AM
    where he says he is very happy and content.
    and not the good texas a&m either..the div 3 texas a&m..he also coaches the golf team..maybe daunte can coach the "not smart enough to go to a school bigger than central florida" kids
    I don't think Culpepper was a complete "bust" like many people here thought. The man tore every ligament in his knee. His days as a QB died right then and there.

Anyone who thought he could come back from that & play again would probably buy the Brooklyn bridge. Anything he attempted to do in Miami & Oakland is a moot point. His career was over in the Panthers game of 2005.

Yeah, you can try to throw the 5 games of the 2005 season in their, but I remember quite vividly how bad our O-line sucked at the beginning of the year. Defenders were in the backfield damn near as soon as the ball was snapped. Birk was out for the year & there was a regular musical game being played at center for those games. Not to mention the rest of the line was rotated week in & week out with different players. Tice was trying to find something that worked.

I don't think we saw the same line starting two weeks in a row until around mid-season. That juggling of the line still continued thru Childress' first year here.

Not to mention in the games we lost in 2005, our defense gave up 24, 37, 30, 28 & 38 points respectively.

To hang those 5 losses solely on Culpepper & the lack of Moss being here is a joke.

How soon people forget.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    Ryan seems to have made peace with being a bust and is now a QB coach at Texas AM
    and not the good texas a&m either..the div 3 texas a&m..he also coaches the golf team..maybe daunte can coach the "not smart enough to go to a school bigger than central florida" kids
    I don't think Culpepper was a complete "bust" like many people here thought. The man tore every ligament in his knee. His days as a QB died right then and there.

Anyone who thought he could come back from that & play again would probably buy the Brooklyn bridge. Anything he attempted to do in Miami & Oakland is a moot point. His career was over in the Panthers game of 2005.

Yeah, you can try to throw the 5 games of the 2005 season in their, but I remember quite vividly how bad our O-line sucked at the beginning of the year. Defenders were in the backfield gol 'darnit near as soon as the ball was snapped. Birk was out for the year & there was a regular musical game being played at center for those games. Not to mention the rest of the line was rotated week in & week out with different players. Tice was trying to find something that worked.

I don't think we saw the same line starting two weeks in a row until around mid-season. That juggling of the line still continued thru Childress' first year here.

Not to mention in the games we lost in 2005, our defense gave up 24, 37, 30, 28 & 38 points respectively.

To hang those 5 losses solely on Culpepper & the lack of Moss being here is a joke.

How soon people forget.
    I don't know Singer, it didn't for Carson Palmer. I think Culpepper hurt his head in that injury too and that has as much to do with his demise as anything.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

Yeah, you can try to throw the 5 games of the 2005 season in their, but I remember quite vividly how bad our O-line sucked at the beginning of the year. Defenders were in the backfield gol 'darnit near as soon as the ball was snapped. Birk was out for the year & there was a regular musical game being played at center for those games. Not to mention the rest of the line was rotated week in & week out with different players. Tice was trying to find something that worked.

How soon people forget.
    I don't know Singer, it didn't for Carson Palmer. I think Culpepper hurt his head in that injury too and that has as much to do with his demise as anything.
    Palmer tore his ACL & his MCL. Culpepper tore his ACL, MCL & PCL.

But yes, I have to agree with you, I think he hit his head on that play as well.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    yes i think hurting his knee did something to his head as well. losing confidence in abilties maybe?
    We're bringing purple back.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    You know what?......

Even though he isn't a premier QB anymore (if he was at all), he will still land someplace.
    There just isn't enough QB's to go around it seems so at some point in the season, a team will loose a QB and Daunte will be given a chance.
    My bet is on GB. They offered him money before & he turned them down. If Rodgers goes down this season, watch for him to get a call.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

You really can't judge the ability of Daunte to come back based on how another QB was able to come back because there is a very wide range of differences in their injuries which can alter the time it takes to recover and whether it is possible to ever be back to 100 %.

Culpeppers injury was devastating to the integrity of his knee and the damage was much greater than Palmer of even McNabb. I do think he had the ability to come back from it and do well, but my guess is he took the wrong approach. The right approach would have been to let the knee take the necessary time to heal and during that time, to work on the mental part of the game and focus on becoming more of a student of the game, which is something the team had wanted him to do anyway. But instead he focused on trying to get back on the field earlier to prove the critics wrong and he went back out there before he was physically ready. Anybody watching him play at Miami that next year could see
    that his knee was no where near good enough for him to be out there on it.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Ya, he shouldn't have treated his knee in the strip mall next to McDonalds!
    ;D
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Ya, he shouldn't have treated his knee in the strip mall next to McDonalds!
    ;D
    I never had a problem with that. Hell all gyms have bench presses, tread mills & a lot of other equipment that every other gym & teams have. There's no miracle machine or specialized equipment that the Vikings have that you can't find elsewhere.

Hell, many of the Vikings workout in similar local gyms in the TC's area & not the Vikings facility during the offseason.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    You know what?......

I hope so, he is a fun player to watch. Most of the time he is either great or horrible, not a lot of boring Daunte games.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast