Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Darrion Scott visits Patriots

"Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Can you believe the comments in that article.
    Some of those yutz's think we should keep him and start him.

How easily they forget...... :-\
    I didn't put any comments in that article, but maybe you better move me to the 'yutz' category on your spreadsheet.
    I like Darrion Scott as a player and would have easily seen him starting on the left side for us if we did bring him back.

He's a good player.
    In 2005 and 2006 when he was getting playing time, he managed 104 tackles and 9.5 sacks.
    That's not pro-bowl level play, but it's pretty good.
    I think I've said before on here that I like him better as a player than Antwon Odom, who signed a new contract worth $6 million/year (compare stats: Scott, Odom).

Maybe the team wasn't happy with his little run in with the law and the whole "don't you know who I am?" thing.
    Maybe Scott wasn't willing to come back to Minnesota no matter what the offer because he wasn't given the playing time last year that he felt he deserves.

But if he had been willing to come back, who would start over him on the left side?
    Wyms?
    Mitchell?
    Face it, no one else on our roster has the size, ability, or production at the LDE spot that Scott would have had.
    If Allen comes here, I can see either him or Edwards taking over that spot and being successful.
    But until that happens, Scott would be an upgrade.
    I would never move you to the yutz column.
    I would ignore your error in thinking he would be a good fit.

Talent wise I agree, he would probably beat out what we currently have but I just don't like his attitude.
    I say out with the trash.......

Mitchell's first year stats
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...playerId=10042

Scotts first year stats
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=5613

I like Mitchells upside to produce just as much as I did Scott his first year without the attitude.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Scott is a pretty good run stuffer..don't know if he really fits in the 3-4 that the Putzies run though.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Scott is a pretty good run stuffer..don't know if he really fits in the 3-4 that the Putzies run though.
    I actually think he fits perfectly.
    In the 3-4 you like to have bigger guys at the DE position, because DEs don't come off the edge as much and the OLBs take on more of the pass rush responsibility.
    Darrion Scott is a 290 pound DE, which is pretty good size for a DE.
    As you mentioned, he's not a pure pass-rusher.
    He obviously wouldn't start for them because they have guys that are bigger and better at both DE spots, but he fits their system in my opinion.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I didn't put any comments in that article, but maybe you better move me to the 'yutz' category on your spreadsheet.
    I like Darrion Scott as a player and would have easily seen him starting on the left side for us if we did bring him back.

He's a good player.
    In 2005 and 2006 when he was getting playing time, he managed 104 tackles and 9.5 sacks.
    I think I've said before on here that I like him better as a player than Antwon Odom, who signed a new contract worth $6 million/year (compare stats: Scott, Odom).

Maybe the team wasn't happy with his little run in with the law and the whole "don't you know who I am?" thing.
    Maybe Scott wasn't willing to come back to Minnesota no matter what the offer because he wasn't given the playing time last year that he felt he deserves.

But if he had been willing to come back, who would start over him on the left side?
    Wyms?
    Mitchell?
    Face it, no one else on our roster has the size, ability, or production at the LDE spot that Scott would have had.
    If Allen comes here, I can see either him or Edwards taking over that spot and being successful.

Talent wise I agree, he would probably beat out what we currently have but I just don't like his attitude.

Scotts first year stats

I like Mitchells upside to produce just as much as I did Scott his first year without the attitude.
    Scott didn't manage any sacks his rookie year, but in limited playing time he managed to make a good number of tackles.
    Mitchell did have 3 sacks his rookie year, but only 1 last year.
    Additionally, Mitchell has played 2 years now, and has less than 1 tackle/game.
    It'd be great if Mitchell became a big time player, but I don't like the chances of that happening.
    I think you're basically hoping with him that he becomes okay.
    We already know Scott is okay.

If you want to talk about potential, I think you have to look at Robison.
    A little small, but very productive for a part-time player.
    I like the combination of Allen, Edwards, and Robison for years to come.
    Add in Udeze and/or James if they can come back and show something, and you're not too bad off.
    Without Allen though, there's too much potential and not enough performance.
    Scott would have been a reliable player if the potential of the other guys doesn't pan out.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Overlord" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I actually think he fits perfectly.
    In the 3-4 you like to have bigger guys at the DE position, because DEs don't come off the edge as much and the OLBs take on more of the pass rush responsibility.
    Darrion Scott is a 290 pound DE, which is pretty good size for a DE.
    As you mentioned, he's not a pure pass-rusher.
    He obviously wouldn't start for them because they have guys that are bigger and better at both DE spots, but he fits their system in my opinion.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He's a good player.

Wyms?
    Mitchell?

Scotts first year stats

Scott didn't manage any sacks his rookie year, but in limited playing time he managed to make a good number of tackles.
    Mitchell did have 3 sacks his rookie year, but only 1 last year.
    Additionally, Mitchell has played 2 years now, and has less than 1 tackle/game.
    It'd be great if Mitchell became a big time player, but I don't like the chances of that happening.
    I think you're basically hoping with him that he becomes okay.
    We already know Scott is okay.

If you want to talk about potential, I think you have to look at Robison.
    A little small, but very productive for a part-time player.
    I like the combination of Allen, Edwards, and Robison for years to come.
    Add in Udeze and/or James if they can come back and show something, and you're not too bad off.
    Without Allen though, there's too much potential and not enough performance.
    Scott would have been a reliable player if the potential of the other guys doesn't pan out.
    That is why I like Merling so much.
    Perfect fit for that group of players and we don't need to keep Darion on the roster to add beef to the LDE side.

As always, good stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12