Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Darrell Bevel hired as Seahawks OC

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1088671
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1088277
    Our offense is successful because Adrian Peterson can make something out of nothing on a regular basis.

Childress hamstringed this offense with zone blocking.

I'd like someone to explain to me how it's physically possible to block an 8 or 9 man front without isolating defenders, creating designated holes to run through.Isos, traps, etc, with a lead blocker - those plays will get Peterson to the next level on a regular basis. Something zone blocking NEVER did.

For all I know, Bevell might be halfway decent, he was brought into a situation where he had minimal control. Childress is a douchebag, I smile every time I think about his firing.
    This one does a pretty good job.

Rufio's Playbook: Zone Blocking in the Running Game
    Yes, zone blocking works against irresponsible 7 man fronts on outside runs.

What about my question though? How do you zone block when there's 8 or 9 in the box?

I think it's stupid to rely on the defense to make mistakes. Especially when the odds are already against us in a simple numbers game.

Lose the zone blocking. Double teams at the point of attack slowing progression to the second level, wasted blocks on the backside of runs, wasted blocks from a fullback trying to guess where the running back will go .. enough of it. It hasn't fit our line since day 1.

If one link in the chain fails they all do. You know how with some Christmas lights when one bulb goes out the whole string does? That's kind of how I think of zone blocking. With everyone moving in one direction, if Herrera goes down, Sully's in trouble, then Hutch - a series of reactions. We need Christmas lights on a parallel circuit, so if one bulb goes out we still have a chance.

Pull Hutch or Hererra and let Sully work off of down blocks, it will make his life as a relatively small center in an NFL full of growing DTs a lot easier.

I'd like to see Tahi get a chance to hit someone without having to hesitate and think for two people, or Hutch blow up LBs and DEs as he comes through the hole. Let these guys be maulers.

Our guys on the line are going to waste, they may struggle at times, but we've all seen what they can do at their best. Let them win a couple of individual physical matchups instead of a collective battle every play.

Remember my little light metaphor from before? Peterson is electric. If one bulb goes out in a series circuit, the whole circuit fails. We're seriously limiting our flow of electricity by zone blocking. Return to a man scheme and watch Adrian Peterson light up the field.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1088269
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1088247
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1088241
    I need to get out of the closet and back online again. I could have a blast with this one.
    It would be poetic justice for them to hire Childress to be Bevell's QB coach. Better yet their WR coach and then sign TO and Moss lmao.
    LOL, well played my friend.

I wonder were the Chiller is gonna land. I really thought he was gonna get the Browns job.

Again, haven't had time to check up on things of late. Did we ever hire a QB coach or is our New O-Coord gonna do that as a cost savings effort?
    I thought it was against regulations for military types to do drugs. You should really put down that crack pipe and give Dr Drew a call lmao.

Childress will not be getting another job as a HC in this league. There was one owner without a GM gullible enough to hire him and that bridge was just burned down.

If he is lucky he will get a gig in a d3 school in the south.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1088698
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1088671
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1088277
    Our offense is successful because Adrian Peterson can make something out of nothing on a regular basis.

Childress hamstringed this offense with zone blocking.

I'd like someone to explain to me how it's physically possible to block an 8 or 9 man front without isolating defenders, creating designated holes to run through.Isos, traps, etc, with a lead blocker - those plays will get Peterson to the next level on a regular basis. Something zone blocking NEVER did.

For all I know, Bevell might be halfway decent, he was brought into a situation where he had minimal control. Childress is a douchebag, I smile every time I think about his firing.
    This one does a pretty good job.

Rufio's Playbook: Zone Blocking in the Running Game
    Yes, zone blocking works against irresponsible 7 man fronts on outside runs.

What about my question though? How do you zone block when there's 8 or 9 in the box?

I think it's stupid to rely on the defense to make mistakes. Especially when the odds are already against us in a simple numbers game.

Lose the zone blocking. Double teams at the point of attack slowing progression to the second level, wasted blocks on the backside of runs, wasted blocks from a fullback trying to guess where the running back will go .. enough of it. It hasn't fit our line since day 1.

If one link in the chain fails they all do. You know how with some Christmas lights when one bulb goes out the whole string does? That's kind of how I think of zone blocking. With everyone moving in one direction, if Herrera goes down, Sully's in trouble, then Hutch - a series of reactions. We need Christmas lights on a parallel circuit, so if one bulb goes out we still have a chance.

Pull Hutch or Hererra and let Sully work off of down blocks, it will make his life as a relatively small center in an NFL full of growing DTs a lot easier.

I'd like to see Tahi get a chance to hit someone without having to hesitate and think for two people, or Hutch blow up LBs and DEs as he comes through the hole. Let these guys be maulers.

Our guys on the line are going to waste, they may struggle at times, but we've all seen what they can do at their best. Let them win a couple of individual physical matchups instead of a collective battle every play.

Remember my little light metaphor from before? Peterson is electric. If one bulb goes out in a series circuit, the whole circuit fails. We're seriously limiting our flow of electricity by zone blocking. Return to a man scheme and watch Adrian Peterson light up the field.
    fantastic post mr anderson
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123