Hey your not alone with the teams you get to see. THere were two channels down here, back to back btw that showed the freaking raiders-niners games. One station was for the niners and the other was for the raiders. How dumb is that? :drunken: Wished they would have showed the vikes. Also had to see the bolts-colts game, and that catch by that colts receiver was awesome, but dog luck as well.
Since I couldn't get the Vikes Cardinals game down here I was forced to watch the Texans and Cowboys. The good thing is since we play both of these teams this season I got a chance to see how they are shaping up. These are the biggest things I saw in the game.
1. None of the Cowboy quarterbacks looked good. They all started out fine but made mistakes that ended a lot of their drives. Henson had a good drive going but threw a pretty lousy pick right at the goal line. Tony Romo has good mobility and a strong arm but is not an accurate passer and has trouble reading the field. Those guys were playing with the offensive reserves, but Testaverde opened the game with most of the Dallas starters and still couldn't get anything going.
2. Julius Jones is the real deal. Great speed around the ends, excellent cutback ability, and some good solid runs through the middle. He shows a lot of promise. Some of the time he was playing against the Houston reserves, but he still looked very good out there.
3. The Houston defense looks much faster and better than last year. Like the Vikings they have some new young guys and a couple of them made some great plays. Jason Babin forced a fumble from Testaverde and overall had great pursuit. First round draft pick Dunta Robinson was very solid in coverage and even broke up a couple passes. He's also a great tackling corner.
4. David Carr wasn't in long enough to get a good idea of where he's at, but he looked real sharp while he was in. He was right on target with his passes and looked very decisive. The Texans offensive line has also improved by leaps and bounds from two years ago.
5. The Houston Texans cheerleaders are one of the top 5 hottest squads in the league.
Anyway just some stuff I took away from the game, doesn't mean too much since it's preseason. Both of these teams should give us very good games.