Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Dallas vs Green Bay

If at all possible, I'd like both teams to lose this game... that's possible... right?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"MNgriff" wrote:
    Well I was hoping that with the magnitude of the game the providers would come to it's senses and reach a deal, but it appears that nothing will happen. For all of you that don't have satellite or the digital sports tier what's your plans? I'm going to head over to a buddies that has sunday ticket. If worst comes to worst it'll be 1130 am listening to denny croak out some color commentary. Every time I hear his voice I can't stop laughing because I'm thinking of all the great denny lines like "my hand is on the plow." I just don't see how a someone with a voice like denny becomes an announcer. Anyhow back on subject. How will you catch the game tonight?
    Another reason to yell at the Cable guys when they say I should come back.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    Unfortunately, that is not nearly as entertaining as NFL Primetime on Sunday evening used to be. Back back back back back! Bring it back.

I would be OK with the NFL Network if they restored the rights to the highlights to ESPN. As it stands now, following the NFL is less entertaining than it was a few years ago.
    The troof be spoken.
    Boomer and TJ had the best highlight show ever.
    Now when the late games are over, theres nothing to look forward to, until kickoff of the night game.
    NBC blows.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Zeus" wrote:
    "MNgriff" wrote:
    Well I was hoping that with the magnitude of the game the providers would come to it's senses and reach a deal, but it appears that nothing will happen.
    Of course nothing will happen.
    It was folly to believe that anything would have happened in time for this game to be shown to the vast majority of fans.
    The NFL believes their niche programming - with only 8 actual games on it PER SEASON - should cost more to the consumer than CNN (for example) which provides far more original programming, for a much larger audience spectrum.
    AND the NFL believes EVERYONE should pay for it, not just those who are interested.

I'm sure NodakPaul will be here shortly to champion the NFL and attack the cable companies, as he's their mouthpiece around PPO.

=Z=
    NFL Network > CNN

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I pay a bit more a month for my satellite and my Phone/broadband services through Verizon than if I went through our local cable company, but I get a heck of alot more service/quality for my buck than I would if I went with the Cox Bundled solution we have here in the Tidewater area.

(Key note: I went online and check/compared both services at basic rates (no extras) and the satellite was cheaper.)

Cox internent isn't true broadband to your desktop.
    Unless you are the only guy on the street then you share the bandwidth/access with the rest of the guys on your loop.

Cox cable doesn't have half the HD channels that Directv has and it isn't true HD to boot.

Both are about the same when dealing with trouble calls, however, it just seemed to me that after going 2 weeks without a telephone (Cox) they would have finally got to me to fix it.

Cox wants you to rent all thier devices (i.e. cable box) vice Directv in most cases will provide and install the devices for free.
    They do charge a monthly protection plan that I wish wasn't there.

Most importantly, Cox doesn't have the NFL package.
    If for some reason (heavens forbid) that Directv lost the NFL Ticket and the cable companies got it I would be extremley unhappy switching back my friends.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Frostbite is offline Coach

"C" wrote:
    If at all possible, I'd like both teams to lose this game... that's possible... right?

Would you take a Tie?? That is possible (However Unlikely)

I'm hoping for nothing less than an all out war and I hope Frave throws 4 picks!!!

I hate the Cowpies too....but Greenbay worse...As an NFL first fan....I want a great game.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Threads like this make me love Directv even more.
    8)

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "MNgriff" wrote:
    Well I was hoping that with the magnitude of the game the providers would come to it's senses and reach a deal, but it appears that nothing will happen.
    Of course nothing will happen.
    It was folly to believe that anything would have happened in time for this game to be shown to the vast majority of fans.
    The NFL believes their niche programming - with only 8 actual games on it PER SEASON - should cost more to the consumer than CNN (for example) which provides far more original programming, for a much larger audience spectrum.
    AND the NFL believes EVERYONE should pay for it, not just those who are interested.

I'm sure NodakPaul will be here shortly to champion the NFL and attack the cable companies, as he's their mouthpiece around PPO.
    NFL Network > CNN
    To you.

Fortunately, what is right for Americans is not dependent on what The Mallet thinks.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I just got off the phone with Comcast.
    It took them 30 seconds to add the sports tier, with the NFL network, to my programming, for $5.95 per month.
    Of course I was on hold for 10 mins before they helped me.
    I figure I'll just cancel it after the season.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

We've got Dish Network, so I'll be watching the game at home right after I get off of work. It sucks that
    this game is only on NFL Network, but if it's THAT big of a deal to you, you'll find a way to watch it. I mean, it's not like there isn't a sports bar that you can go to.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast