Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Dallas: A better situation for Brad Johnson

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Pretty tough pill for fans to swallow when a new coach comes in and wants to install his scheme and starts to jettison fan favorites.

As to the QB that fits this scheme, I still contend that Cutler was the perfect choice.
    To bad the asking price was so high.
    After that the pickings were pretty slim. Funny how people forget that when they start chiming that the Chiller was in love with TJ when in fact the front office settled for him after screwing the pooch in that draft.

[s]QB 1
    Matt Leinart SR 6-5/217/- USC Santa Ana, CA
    QB 2
    Vince Young JR 6-5/233/- Texas Houston, TX
    QB 3
    Jay Cutler SR 6-4/225/- Vanderbilt Lincoln City, IN [/s]
    QB 4
    Brodie Croyle SR 6-2.5/206/- Alabama Rainbow City, AL
    QB 5
    Charlie Whitehurst SR 6-4/215/4.75 Clemson Alpharetta, GA
    [s]QB 6
    Kellen Clemens SR 6-2/218/- Oregon Burns, OR [/s]
    QB 7
    Omar Jacobs JR 6-4/210/- Bowling Green Delray Beach, FL
    QB 8
    Ingle Martin SR 6-3/219/- Furman Nashville, TN
    QB 9
    Darrell Hackney SR 6-1/230/- UAB Atlanta, GA
    QB 10
    Reggie McNeal SR 6-2/206/- Texas A&M Lufkin, TX
    QB 11
    Bruce Gradkowski SR 6-2/210/- Toledo Pittsburgh, PA
    QB 12
    D.J. Shockley SR 6-1/206/- Georgia College Park, GA
    QB 13
    Brett Basanez SR 6-2/210/- Northwestern Arlington Hts, IL
    QB 14
    Erik Meyer SR 6-2/210/- Eastern Washington La Mirada, CA
    QB 15
    Paul Pinegar SR 6-4/220/- Fresno State Woodland, CA
    QB 16
    Travaris Jackson SR -/-/- Alabama State
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...9960#msg739960

I wonder which QB most of you guys would have taken in that draft based on who was left on the board?
    Maybe the 16th rank QB wasn't as big a reach as some think.

As to Brad in Dallas, lets see how much of the scheme they change to fit his arm.
    I am sure they will have to as he sure doesn't have the arm for that scheme.
    IMHO that is why the fan favorite of Bollinger was brought in.
    He might get to see some time after Brad stinks it up the first game and TO is beeeyyyatching and moaning about not getting the ball deep.
    TO was already beeeeeyatching before Romo was hurt.
    Of course he's going to beyaaatch more.
    It's part of the game.
    He will have to shut his mouth, adjust to his QB, and step up.
    It's all part of being a football player.
    TO runs good routes and can get open.
    He doesn't have to go long to get TDs.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    In three years we have gone from Brad Johnson to Gus Frerotte.
    : Is it just me or am I missing some big difference.
    If we had just stayed with Brad wouldn't we be in about the same place at the QB position?

Personally I liked BJ and was surprised when he was traded.
    I see both of them in about the same light when it comes to their skills and ability.

It will really piss me off if BJ takes the Cowboys to the Super Bowl.
    It would be another nail in the Childress coffin as well....meaning its not the players its the plan that is holding us back.
    Only thing they have common is that they are both old and neither of them should be a starter in the NFL.
    With BJ our offense was much worser than the one we have now.. at least now we go up the field ( until AD fumbles the ball ) 2 years ago we had 3 plays and punted. I can't believe you're high on BJ.. come on you watched those games didn't you? Granted we have a better receiving group now but still BJ wouldn't have done better
    I watched those games and I also saw a terrible front line that couldn't block for him and I also saw a lot of dropped passes.
    Blame BJ all you want but he was not always at fault.
    There were only a couple of games in which he could be blamed but don't blame everything on BJ.
    It is simply not true.
    Everyone always said BJ couldn't get the ball down field.
    I tend to disagree.
    He didn't have the world's strongest arm but he was certainly able to hit people down the field.
    It was catching the ball thaat gave the Vikings their problems.
    BJ is one of the most accurate QBs in the league which is something this team lacks right now.
    Neither Gus or TJ is as accurate as BJ.
    Brad has a 61.8% completion rate.
    Nor do either of them have a better winning %.
    To say we are better off without him just isn't true given the choices we have now.
    BJ can manage a game better.
    He is accurate when throwing the ball which I am sure everyone on here gets frustrated watching the games because of inaccurate throws.
    I know I do.
    Thank you.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:
    If we had just stayed with Brad wouldn't we be in about the same place at the QB position?

I see both of them in about the same light when it comes to their skills and ability.

It would be another nail in the Childress coffin as well....meaning its not the players its the plan that is holding us back.
    Only thing they have common is that they are both old and neither of them should be a starter in the NFL.
    With BJ our offense was much worser than the one we have now.. at least now we go up the field ( until AD fumbles the ball ) 2 years ago we had 3 plays and punted. I can't believe you're high on BJ.. come on you watched those games didn't you? Granted we have a better receiving group now but still BJ wouldn't have done better
    I watched those games and I also saw a terrible front line that couldn't block for him and I also saw a lot of dropped passes.
    There were only a couple of games in which he could be blamed but don't blame everything on BJ.
    It is simply not true.
    I tend to disagree.
    He didn't have the world's strongest arm but he was certainly able to hit people down the field.
    BJ is one of the most accurate QBs in the league which is something this team lacks right now.
    To say we are better off without him just isn't true given the choices we have now.
    He is accurate when throwing the ball which I am sure everyone on here gets frustrated watching the games because of inaccurate throws.
    I know I do.
    Thank you.
    Anytime my good friend.
    Just telling the facts.

Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

It is simply not true.
    I tend to disagree.
    I know I do.
    Thank you.
    Anytime my good friend.
    Just telling the facts.
    Not to mention he is a prototypical WCO QB and Dallas runs a vertical offense which he is not built to excel in. I do agree with the fact that Dallas may provide a better working environment for him but I just don't see his skill set meshing that well with what Dallas does.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    [quote author=RK. link=topic=48520.msg852082#msg852082 date=1223956493]

It is simply not true.
    I tend to disagree.
    I know I do.
    Thank you.
    Anytime my good friend.
    Just telling the facts.
    Not to mention he is a prototypical WCO QB and Dallas runs a vertical offense which he is not built to excel in. I do agree with the fact that Dallas may provide a better working environment for him but I just don't see his skill set meshing that well with what Dallas does.

[/quote]

Come to think of it their front line hasn't been protecting the QB very well either.
    A lot of people don't take these things in consideration.
    People like to look at black and white stats and that supposedly says it all.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Brad is gonna get killed unless they can generate some protection for him...Romo has been running for his life lately.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Pretty tough pill for fans to swallow when a new coach comes in and wants to install his scheme and starts to jettison fan favorites.

As to the QB that fits this scheme, I still contend that Cutler was the perfect choice.
    After that the pickings were pretty slim. Funny how people forget that when they start chiming that the Chiller was in love with TJ when in fact the front office settled for him after screwing the pooch in that draft.

[s]QB 1
    QB 2
    QB 3
    QB 4
    QB 5
    [s]QB 6
    QB 7
    QB 8
    QB 9
    QB 10
    QB 11
    QB 12
    QB 13
    QB 14
    QB 15
    QB 16

I wonder which QB most of you guys would have taken in that draft based on who was left on the board?

As to Brad in Dallas, lets see how much of the scheme they change to fit his arm.
    He might get to see some time after Brad stinks it up the first game and TO is beeeyyyatching and moaning about not getting the ball deep.
    It shouldn't matter. If you remember your recent vikings history, you will know that Childress is a QB developing Guru. All he needs is a little clay to mold into the perfect QB. :-X

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

[s]QB 1
    QB 2
    QB 3
    QB 4
    QB 5
    [s]QB 6
    QB 7
    QB 8
    QB 9
    QB 10
    QB 11
    QB 12
    QB 13
    QB 14
    QB 15
    QB 16

Drew Brees was available in 2006.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "RK." wrote:

It is simply not true.
    I tend to disagree.
    I know I do.
    Thank you.
    How good was the o-line play in '05? BJ could only hand out the ball and dump it 5 yards out. Couldn't make a throw over 20 yards. Also he had his fair share of INT's (14 only 8TD's ), couldn't move around and like Frerotte could not convert on third down. I agreed we had worse receivers then.. but BJ was not good.. why do you think he was benched for Bollinger?
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"marshallvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

[s]QB 1
    QB 2
    QB 3
    QB 4
    QB 5
    [s]QB 6
    QB 7
    QB 8
    QB 9
    QB 10
    QB 11
    QB 12
    QB 13
    QB 14
    QB 15
    QB 16

Drew Brees was available in 2006.
    Here we go on this one again.
    Zeus, care to weigh in on the availability of Brees?

Things just got a lot harder for Dallas with BJ chucking the ball.
    DB's can now forget about the deep part of the field and stay ultra aggressive on the short routes.
    You know TO is hating life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast