Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Funny thing, not sure I would put Ginn in with PH and Jackson.
    Lets not forget, he was almost out of a job last week.
    Relegated to just KO duties cause he kept dropping the ball.

    http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/player/6563/notes

    That's what I was thinking too captain
    Only TD.
    He can get out in front of the DBs.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...5-vs-Jets-2009

    Ginn might not make it as a WR, but you can't deny him a place on the team to return kicks after this weekend.
    Let's see the next couple of year where he goes.

  2. #22
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    606

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    I hope Percy can be as good as Jackson.
    Percy, well not as fast, is far stronger then either Jackson or Ginn.
    I have loved our drafts under Childress.
    Almost makes me forget about the drafts before him.


    I've always thought Ginn was 6'2 ish, with his really long strides.



  3. #23
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    "Yfz01" wrote:
    I hope Percy can be as good as Jackson.
    Percy, well not as fast, is far stronger then either Jackson or Ginn.
    I have loved our drafts under Childress.
    Almost makes me forget about the drafts before him.


    I've always thought Ginn was 6'2 ish, with his really long strides.


    He has very long legs. He was an amazing hurdler in high school, national champion as a junior and senior I believe(it may have been best time in the nation, just didn't win at nationals, I'm not sure) He was an olympic caliber runner, it's almost a waste to see him on a football field IMO.

    And I think Harvin is up there in speed with Jackson actually, at least in game speed. Without a doubt they're two dynamic players, I just see Harvin doing it at a high level for longer.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Funny thing, not sure I would put Ginn in with PH and Jackson.
    Lets not forget, he was almost out of a job last week.
    Relegated to just KO duties cause he kept dropping the ball.

    http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/player/6563/notes

    That's what I was thinking too captain
    Only TD.
    He can get out in front of the DBs.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...5-vs-Jets-2009

    Ginn might not make it as a WR, but you can't deny him a place on the team to return kicks after this weekend.
    Let's see the next couple of year where he goes.
    I can't think of any real KR guys prior to Hall with KC, however, the ones that came after him, well, they sure didn't last very long. Heck, even Hester isn't really used back there much anymore.

    For me, I like that PH can get us some nice field position, but I would rather see the staff limit that stuff if for no other reason, than to extend his career a bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Funny thing, not sure I would put Ginn in with PH and Jackson.
    Lets not forget, he was almost out of a job last week.
    Relegated to just KO duties cause he kept dropping the ball.

    http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/player/6563/notes

    That's what I was thinking too captain
    Only TD.
    He can get out in front of the DBs.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...5-vs-Jets-2009

    Ginn might not make it as a WR, but you can't deny him a place on the team to return kicks after this weekend.
    Let's see the next couple of year where he goes.
    I can't think of any real KR guys prior to Hall with KC, however, the ones that came after him, well, they sure didn't last very long. Heck, even Hester isn't really used back there much anymore.

    For me, I like that PH can get us some nice field position, but I would rather see the staff limit that stuff if for no other reason, than to extend his career a bit.
    hester is a returner, the Bears just ruined him trying to convert him to WR.

    Do they not remember multiple games Hester helped turn around with a great return?

  6. #26
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,003

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    I love Percy Harvin! He's as fun to watch as a rookie as Moss was!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Funny thing, not sure I would put Ginn in with PH and Jackson.
    Lets not forget, he was almost out of a job last week.
    Relegated to just KO duties cause he kept dropping the ball.

    http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/player/6563/notes

    That's what I was thinking too captain
    Only TD.
    He can get out in front of the DBs.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...5-vs-Jets-2009

    Ginn might not make it as a WR, but you can't deny him a place on the team to return kicks after this weekend.
    Let's see the next couple of year where he goes.
    I can't think of any real KR guys prior to Hall with KC, however, the ones that came after him, well, they sure didn't last very long. Heck, even Hester isn't really used back there much anymore.

    For me, I like that PH can get us some nice field position, but I would rather see the staff limit that stuff if for no other reason, than to extend his career a bit.
    hester is a returner, the Bears just ruined him trying to convert him to WR.

    Do they not remember multiple games Hester helped turn around with a great return?
    But they didn't ruin anything. In fact, if the project works out, he will be a dynamic player for them for alot longer than he would if he was just a returner.


    Again, I refer back to Hall for KC.
    How long did that cat last?

    Not sure about you, but I love to watch PH make those catches on offense more than I do as a KR'r.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=53986.msg1012995#msg1012995 date=1257253844]
    Funny thing, not sure I would put Ginn in with PH and Jackson.
    Lets not forget, he was almost out of a job last week.
    Relegated to just KO duties cause he kept dropping the ball.

    http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/player/6563/notes

    That's what I was thinking too captain
    Only TD.
    He can get out in front of the DBs.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...5-vs-Jets-2009

    Ginn might not make it as a WR, but you can't deny him a place on the team to return kicks after this weekend.
    Let's see the next couple of year where he goes.
    I can't think of any real KR guys prior to Hall with KC, however, the ones that came after him, well, they sure didn't last very long. Heck, even Hester isn't really used back there much anymore.

    For me, I like that PH can get us some nice field position, but I would rather see the staff limit that stuff if for no other reason, than to extend his career a bit.
    hester is a returner, the Bears just ruined him trying to convert him to WR.

    Do they not remember multiple games Hester helped turn around with a great return?
    But they didn't ruin anything. In fact, if the project works out, he will be a dynamic player for them for alot longer than he would if he was just a returner.


    Again, I refer back to Hall for KC.
    How long did that cat last?

    Not sure about you, but I love to watch PH make those catches on offense more than I do as a KR'r.
    [/quote]

    Hester would be a dynamic playmaker if he wasn't their best receiver (not a compliment)
    He's more like a "gadget" player, who's good for a few different routes, causing mismatches and getting the big play.
    He can't really be relied on on a consistent basis.
    I think he made more of an impact in the return game than he has as a receiver.

    As for Harvin, I somewhat agree, he has better potential to be a good receiver, kinda like a Steve Smith kinda guy.
    I'd like to see his hands improve a little bit, but I'm sure that will come.

  9. #29
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    But they didn't ruin anything. In fact, if the project works out, he will be a dynamic player for them for alot longer than he would if he was just a returner.


    Again, I refer back to Hall for KC.
    How long did that cat last?

    Not sure about you, but I love to watch PH make those catches on offense more than I do as a KR'r.
    9 years, total, in the NFL, with his last 2 being injury-plagued years in St. Louis.

    http://www.nfl.com/players/dantehall...s?id=HAL247893

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #30
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: D Jack -Ginn -Harvin = Dynamic

    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I love Percy Harvin! He's as fun to watch as a rookie as Moss was!
    I love Harvin too, but I disagree he is as fun to watch as Moss was his rookie year.


    Moss had what?
    17 TDs his rookie year?
    Moss was a freak with elite spead.
    Harvin can hit the hole fast but doesn't appear to have the getaway speed that Moss had.


    Harvin kicks ass though....sooooo glad he is on our team!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. T-Jack and Harvin sig request
    By Tad7 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
  2. Dynamic Duos Find Success
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 12:00 PM
  3. Dynamic Duos find success
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 08:50 PM
  4. Ted Ginn???
    By jonnyb in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 01:35 PM
  5. Kleinsasser and Wiggins, the dynamic duo?
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 09:19 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •