Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    The foundation for that line was in place in 96 before Tice started coaching it but he was the oline coach when it suffered its greatest tragedy in franchise history and I wouldn't say he left the line well as solid as he got it in 2001 when he bacame the head coach or ever got it back to that championship level when he was the HC.
    Yeah, it's pretty easy to state Tice didn't leave the OL as solid when he left the OL position & took on the HC job. Do you suppose the fact that one of, if not the top player on that OL died a few weeks before the start of the season might have had something to do with that?

He didn't get it back to championship level when he was the HC for two reasons.

1. He wasn't the OL coach any longer.
    2. When Tice was fired, we didn't even have a full time OL coach. We had an OC who was also supposed to be the OL coach as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty easy to state Tice didn't leave the OL as solid when he left the OL position & took on the HC job. Do you suppose the fact that one of, if not the top player on that OL died a few weeks before the start of the season might have had something to do with that?

He didn't get it back to championship level when he was the HC for two reasons.

1. He wasn't the OL coach any longer.
    2. When Tice was fired, we didn't even have a full time OL coach. We had an OC who was also supposed to be the OL coach as well.
    Looks like the Bears are going for #2 with the hiring of Aaron Kromer from the Saints to as their OC and he will take over the oline as well

Aaron Kromer has been brought in to replace Mike Tice as the Bears offensive co-ordinator.Kromer will also be the offensive line coach in Chicago, and should help a line that has struggled in recent years.
    LINK

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We had one of our best OL's in recent history when Tice coached our OL. So much for that long memory of yours.
    I haven't forgot. Question is, why would you bring that up as something relevant to what he has done lately.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12