Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Current, Former Vikings Coaches To Interview For Bears Job

Starting with former Vikings coaches, current Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell is rumored to be someone that the Bears are interested in.
    Current, Former Vikings Coaches To Interview For Bears Job - Daily Norseman
    ..................snicker....................
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    If one of these guys do get a head coaching job somewhere I hope they bomb because I'm getting tired of seeing our assistants go on to win super bowls with other teams. However, I do agree with the writer on this
    I don't think the Vikings are in danger of losing Priefer or anything, and if the Bears want to take Singletary off of Minnesota's hands. . .well, wonderful. Let's make that happen.
    Nobody is going to miss Singletary especially if he has been anywhere near our linebacker play this year. I wouldn't mind seeing him go screw up Chicago for a few years. On the other hand we can't afford to lose Priefer. I can't remember the last time our kick and punt return coverage teams were so dominate, and look what he did with Walsh. We gotta do what we can to keep this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    If one of these guys do get a head coaching job somewhere I hope they bomb because I'm getting tired of seeing our assistants go on to win super bowls with other teams. However, I do agree with the writer on this
    Nobody is going to miss Singletary especially if he has been anywhere near our linebacker play this year. I wouldn't mind seeing him go screw up Chicago for a few years. On the other hand we can't afford to lose Priefer. I can't remember the last time our kick and punt return coverage teams were so dominate, and look what he did with Walsh. We gotta do what we can to keep this guy.
    I'm with you on ole Buggeyes. If I was rich enough I pay the Bores to take him off our hands.

As to our ST's coach, been several of them interview of late and somebody asked, why. I told them that other than the HC, the ST's coach is the only one to not only talk to that whole team, but coach each and every position.

Most ST's coaches have at one time been a QA coach for both defense and offense as well.
    I didn't know that until I heard it on Sirius. Kindof makes sense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    So clearly Tice isn't in the running for the job then.... so can we have him back to coach the OL?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    So clearly Tice isn't in the running for the job then.... so can we have him back to coach the OL?
    Might be hard for Tice to find a job now. Failed as a HC, failed as a OL coach, failed as a OC.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Might be hard for Tice to find a job now. Failed as a HC, failed as a OL coach, failed as a OC.
    I'd have him back as OL coach as I think that is his strength and I'm sure he'd get our OL level improved a vast amount.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

I think he would make a fine ticket scalper.

On a serious note, I wouldn't mind seeing him as our O line coach.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    We had one of our best OL's in recent history when Tice coached our OL. So much for that long memory of yours.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We had one of our best OL's in recent history when Tice coached our OL. So much for that long memory of yours.
    The foundation for that line was in place in 96 before Tice started coaching it but he was the oline coach when it suffered its greatest tragedy in franchise history and I wouldn't say he left the line well as solid as he got it in 2001 when he bacame the head coach or ever got it back to that championship level when he was the HC.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My one memory of the MInnesota Moving Company with Tice as our OL coach, was Culpepper standing in the pocket for honestly 9 seconds vs. the Lions and finding the TD. That play IMO defines how our line played for Tice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast