Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Culpepper's Letter to the NFL Community (as posted on PFT)

He's crazy. He is worse than a T.O. if you ask me.

At least T.O. makes plays.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Pep will land somewhere. He is the best available back up
    No, he will get offers.
    He won't accept any of them though, because it will be for the Vet minimum.
    What is the vet minimum?

What I do find a bit laughable is that people here insists he needs an agent. I'm not so sure about that.

People here claim he sux, yet after that devastating knee injury & while still being crippled up with no guarantees of how he would perform once he healed, he still got a cool $8.00 mil for his 1 year stint in Miami. He also was able to get 3.20 mil from Oakland.

His agent while he still had him only got him the following salaries in MN;

2000: 1.34 mil
    2001: 1.40 mil
    2002: 0.97 mil
    2003: 12.44 mil
    2004: 1.04 mil
    2005: 7.04 mil

That's an avg. salary of 4.03 mil per year when he was healthy, with an agent. Out of that salary, how much did his agent get? 10-15%? More? Now deduct that from the 4 mil.

What do you have?

In the 2 years after the injury, when I felt his career was over, he avg. 5.6 mil & never paid an agent.

No matter how you do the math, Culpepper did better acting as his own agent, than he did when he had one.

Ok...that is 2 years for himself. Now, after the next 4 years, lets add it up and see if your math still holds true.
    That wouldn't be even an apples to apples comparison after the major damage he suffered to his knee.

Its just as fair as the camparison that you made. He got that money on past credentials, nothing more, nothing less. Now that those credentials no longer hold up, the league minimum is the best he can get.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Chazz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=47426.msg827118#msg827118 date=1220052975]
    No, he will get offers.
    What is the vet minimum?

What I do find a bit laughable is that people here insists he needs an agent. I'm not so sure about that.

People here claim he sux, yet after that devastating knee injury & while still being crippled up with no guarantees of how he would perform once he healed, he still got a cool $8.00 mil for his 1 year stint in Miami. He also was able to get 3.20 mil from Oakland.

That's an avg. salary of 4.03 mil per year when he was healthy, with an agent. Out of that salary, how much did his agent get? 10-15%? More? Now deduct that from the 4 mil.

What do you have?

In the 2 years after the injury, when I felt his career was over, he avg. 5.6 mil & never paid an agent.

No matter how you do the math, Culpepper did better acting as his own agent, than he did when he had one.

Ok...that is 2 years for himself. Now, after the next 4 years, lets add it up and see if your math still holds true.
    That wouldn't be even an apples to apples comparison after the major damage he suffered to his knee.

Its just as fair as the camparison that you made. He got that money on past credentials, nothing more, nothing less. Now that those credentials no longer hold up, the league minimum is the best he can get.
    [/quote]

Yes he did & he did better than his agent did. Now after those two years, it's apparent to the rest of the NFL that he will never regain the abilities he had before the injury.

His career, as I stated in 2005, was over the day he suffered the injury.

Miami took a chance that he might make it back, when it was proved he couldn't, Oakland was stupid enough to throw 3.2 mil his way.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He is a dumbass. If he can't figure out why teams are not throwing money at him, maybe an agent could put it to him in language he can understand and get him on a team.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    No, he will get offers.
    What is the vet minimum?

What do you have?

Depends on years experience. For Daunte it would be $730,000.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    ....What I do find a bit laughable is that people here insists he needs an agent. I'm not so sure about that.
    I find it laughable that you think he doesn't need one.
    Did you read his letter?
    It looks like an insecure little child wrote it.
    He looks like the pathetic loser that he is, at least with an agent he could save some face and not expose his idiocy to the masses.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think he needs an agent.
    Since he will most likely make the league min there's no need to pay anyone to negotiate for him.
    What he really needs is a lobotomy so he can understand he is not as needed as he thinks he is.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    ....What I do find a bit laughable is that people here insists he needs an agent. I'm not so sure about that.
    I find it laughable that you think he doesn't need one.
    Did you read his letter?
    It looks like an insecure little child wrote it.
    He looks like the pathetic loser that he is, at least with an agent he could save some face and not expose his idiocy to the masses.
    How so? Do you really think an agent is going to get him more than the league minimum?

Some agents are good, but not THAT good.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=47426.msg827145#msg827145 date=1220058840]
    No, he will get offers.
    What is the vet minimum?

What do you have?

[/quote]

Yes he did & he did better than his agent did. Now after those two years, it's apparent to the rest of the NFL that he will never regain the abilities he had before the injury.

Miami took a chance that he might make it back, when it was proved he couldn't, Oakland was stupid enough to throw 3.2 mil his way.
    [/quote]

That pretty well sums it up.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Chazz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=47426.msg827155#msg827155 date=1220059840]
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=47426.msg827145#msg827145 date=1220058840]
    No, he will get offers.
    What is the vet minimum?

What do you have?

[/quote]

[/quote]

That pretty well sums it up.
    [/quote]

This sums it up.
    Fuck Daunte Culpepper!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast