Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92
  1. #1
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/04/daunte-culpeppers-retirement-letter/

    DAUNTE CULPEPPER’S RETIREMENT LETTER
    Posted by Mike Florio on September 4, 2008, 11:41 a.m. EDT
    [Editor’s note:
    On Friday, free-agent quarterback Daunte Culpepper, a nine-year veteran whose 110.9 passer rating in 2004 ranks fifth on the all-time single season list, sent an open letter to the NFL, which was posted exclusively on PFT.
    This is the complete, unedited text of Daunte’s follow-up, in which he announces his retirement from the National Football League.]

    Farewell NFL

    When Free agency began this year, I had a new sense of excitement about continuing to rebuild my career in the same way that I had rebuilt my knee after my catastrophic injury in 2005.
    Unfortunately, what I found out was that the league did not share any of the optimism about me as an Unrestricted Free Agent that I expected.
    In fact, there was an overwhelming sense that there was no room for me among this year’s group of quarterbacks; whether in a starting, competing or a back-up role.
    No matter what I did or said, there seemed to be a unified message from teams that I was not welcome to compete for one of the many jobs that were available at the quarterback position.
    It seems that the stance I took in both Minnesota and Miami regarding my rights as a person and player has followed me into Free Agency.
    Good luck, Tiny Hands.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Buffalo, MN
    Posts
    982

    Re: Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    +1
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,185

    KFAN reporting D. Culpepper has retired

    Minutes ago they reported that effective immediately Culpepper is RETIRED!

    Too bad the ways things turned out for him. I personally always liked Culpepper when he was with the Vikes.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold



    Thanks to PPE for sig

  4. #4
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    i dont understand him at all, turns down a million from GB, then wants to compete with Big Ben in Pitt, and now retires, wtf?

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  5. #5
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    What Daunte says:
    I would rather shut the door to such “opportunity” than continue to wait for one of my fellow quarterback’s (sic) to suffer a serious injury
    What Daunte means:
    I'm sick and tired of not being called while these QB's are dropping like flies.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  6. #6
    Redmption's Avatar
    Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    307

    Re: Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i dont understand him at all, turns down a million from GB, then wants to compete with Big Ben in Pitt, and now retires, wtf?
    Culpepper actually said that was BS he never expected to compete with Big Ben...

    Good luck CP

  7. #7
    CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    307

    Re: Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote]
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/04/daunte-culpeppers-retirement-letter/

    DAUNTE CULPEPPER’S RETIREMENT LETTER
    Posted by Mike Florio on September 4, 2008, 11:41 a.m. EDT
    [Editor’s note:
    On Friday, free-agent quarterback Daunte Culpepper, a nine-year veteran whose 110.9 passer rating in 2004 ranks fifth on the all-time single season list, sent an open letter to the NFL, which was posted exclusively on PFT.
    This is the complete, unedited text of Daunte’s follow-up, in which he announces his retirement from the National Football League.]

    Farewell NFL

    When Free agency began this year, I had a new sense of excitement about continuing to rebuild my career in the same way that I had rebuilt my knee after my catastrophic injury in 2005.
    Unfortunately, what I found out was that the league did not share any of the optimism about me as an Unrestricted Free Agent that I expected.
    In fact, there was an overwhelming sense that there was no room for me among this year’s group of quarterbacks; whether in a starting, competing or a back-up role.
    No matter what I did or said, there seemed to be a unified message from teams that I was not welcome to compete for one of the many jobs that were available at the quarterback position.
    It seems that the stance I took in both Minnesota and Miami regarding my rights as a person and player has followed me into Free Agency.
    He was offered a Job as a backup and refused saying he wanted to compete for the starter job.

  8. #8
    CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    307

    Re: Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    I guess I messed up that post

  9. #9
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    I hate to say it, but that sounds like a whiney baby.

    He should just take a vacation and hire an agent.
    Forget about it for a month until someone calls.
    Crap, Jeff George was playing until he was 40 something.

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Culpepper's Latest Letter - "I retire." - From PFT

    "Redmption" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i dont understand him at all, turns down a million from GB, then wants to compete with Big Ben in Pitt, and now retires, wtf?
    Culpepper actually said that was BS he never expected to compete with Big Ben...

    Good luck CP
    Then why did he turn down the contract offered at the vet minimum?

    Culpepper turned down two different offers.
    This is his own damn fault.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Culpepper's Letter to the NFL Community (as posted on PFT)
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
  2. Culpepper's back in old form
    By cogitans in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 07:18 AM
  3. Culpepper's replacement???
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 06:16 PM
  4. Culpepper's Injury
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 07:23 PM
  5. Culpepper's leadership
    By Justin311 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 01:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •