Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Culpepper visiting the Lions

"V4L" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Mark my words, if Culpepper is starting for the Lions when they play us again this year, they will beat us. For those of you dogging him, please look at who is starting quarterback for the Vikings. I may need to check my info, but I am fairly sure that Daunte wasn't even born yet when Gus entered the league. He still has a lot of good years left in him, too bad that our idiot coach didn't see that three years ago, or we might have a halfway decent football team right now.

I agree homie
    You're living in the past heroics my friends. Without Moss he would have been a bust.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    Mark my words, if Culpepper is starting for the Lions when they play us again this year, they will beat us. For those of you dogging him, please look at who is starting quarterback for the Vikings. I may need to check my info, but I am fairly sure that Daunte wasn't even born yet when Gus entered the league. He still has a lot of good years left in him, too bad that our idiot coach didn't see that three years ago, or we might have a halfway decent football team right now.

I agree homie
    You're living in the past heroics my friends. Without Moss he would have been a bust.
    your both right and wrong.

he was good when randy went down with a injury. but then he had a streak of bad games. and then his knee tore apart in 3 different places

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:

I agree homie
    then you could say without Marvin Harrison Peyton Manning is nothing more than average.
    So far this year, without a healty, reliable target in Harrison, he's been slightly above average at best.
    79 rating, 10 TD to 9 INT.
    Not the Manning we're used to.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:

I agree homie
    then you could say without Marvin Harrison Peyton Manning is nothing more than average.
    So far this year, without a healty, reliable target in Harrison, he's been slightly above average at best.
    79 rating, 10 TD to 9 INT.
    Not the Manning we're used to.
    but peyton also had 2 knee surgerys on his knee and didnt play at all until week one of the regular season. i dont expect anyone to do better than that without even playing a down

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you were kidding but I just need to make sure because I'm pretty sure Pep only came into the league like 5 seasons after Gus.

And for the record I would be scared as well if Pep was starting against us with the Lions...very good chance to get their first win.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Peyton Manning makes Marvin Harrison way more than Marvin Harrison makes Peyton Manning
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

I think (hope) that Pepp's gonna be a lazy mess when he comes back.
    He would be fired up if he was in the dome though.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    The Vikings secondary would pick off C-Pep all day.
    He is a has been who some will argue is a "never was."

A never was? Have you ever watched a football game? He was close to the best quarterback in the NFL at one time. He almost won the MVP one year. After the comments of a never was, and now talking up the Vikings secondary...I don't know what you are smoking, but send some my way. His arm strength, mixed with the obvious speed and athleticism of the Lions receivers....They would have a field day on us. This post actually ruined all credibility that you ever had with me, as I will never be able to take any of your posts seriously ever again.
    Problem was that he couldn't read a damn defense and because you seem to have missed that little thing maybe your rant (post) might have just moved you down a column or two on the ole spreadsheet my friend.
    That would be a first on here.
    I never move anybody down on the spreadsheet.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

JK, seriously though, he was far from being the best QB in the NFL.
    He had one good year but that was a direct result of our OC's limiting his reads to one side of the field and couldn't put more than 2 recievers in that given area.
    Pretty soon teams figured that out and the roof fell in.

Quick question for ya.
    We all know that the state of NFL QB'ing is in shambles and that anybody that can breath and throw a ball is on a roster, why oh why isn't he on a team this year?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"hailtocarter" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you were kidding but I just need to make sure because I'm pretty sure Pep only came into the league like 5 seasons after Gus.

And for the record I would be scared as well if Pep was starting against us with the Lions...very good chance to get their first win.
    Look my friends, we have been watching arguably one of the best QB's in the league try to do well (in a short time frame) in a new system and he is struggling.

Why in the hell do any of you think that Pepp (even in his heyday) would be a major threat if he wound up on the Lions roster.

I'm calling this for what it really is........

a.
    A new FO is going to take over in Lionland.
    b.
    They have looked at thier young QB's and don't like what they see.
    c.
    They will draft a QB high next year.
    d.
    They need a vet to help with that transisition.
    e.
    Depending on that draftee he might start or he might not.

f.
    That would give Pepp a good chance to start (meet incentives)

and most importantly........

He is being brought in with the expectation of being productive next year.
    Not this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleMafia" wrote:
    "so-cal" wrote:
    The Vikings secondary would pick off C-Pep all day.
    He is a has been who some will argue is a "never was."

A never was? Have you ever watched a football game? He was close to the best quarterback in the NFL at one time. He almost won the MVP one year. After the comments of a never was, and now talking up the Vikings secondary...I don't know what you are smoking, but send some my way. His arm strength, mixed with the obvious speed and athleticism of the Lions receivers....They would have a field day on us. This post actually ruined all credibility that you ever had with me, as I will never be able to take any of your posts seriously ever again.
    Problem was that he couldn't read a damn defense and because you seem to have missed that little thing maybe your rant (post) might have just moved you down a column or two on the ole spreadsheet my friend.
    That would be a first on here.

I never move anybody down on the spreadsheet.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    I attribute that to 3 things;

1. Poor QB coaching

2. Brought in to start to early.

3. With Moss on the team, he rarely had to read a defense, ergo he didn't learn. I don't think there was a problem with his ability to learn how to read one, he just hardly ever had to & never learned correctly.

The year Moss left was not an indication of Culpeppers poor abilities. With Birk out (& I believe Mixon also), our O-line sucked major ass. Major fucking ass!

Am I the only one who remembers the lack of time he had to unload the ball?

Am I the only one who remembers our RB's get nailed behind the LOS just as soon as they were given the ball?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast